Jesse Lumsden Belongs in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
    Oh, thanks for filling me in. So he really did not get a chance because hes white and canadian?????? Wow, that sux.
    Ya, because that is exactly what I said right? Thanks for retelling me exactly what I said smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by lionsfan81 View Post
      I remember him out of High School. MSU was on him hard at first and they were saying he would be one of the top ranked players in the US if he lived there. Then he signed with Rutgers, went to JUCO and who knows what else. How did he end up in canadian football again?
      Yeah, Messam is just flat out stupid. He went to a juco in one of the Dakota's. I think it was in Whapeton, ND. Called North Dakota College of the Sciences, or something along those lines.

Anyways, he had his sidekick, named Jared Manchulenko, and everywhere one went, the other went too. But the thing is they were always trouble. So while he was there, I believe he was the top rated juco player after one year, and he ended up breaking several team rules while on the road, and just didnt comply with any of them. Thus leading to him getting kicked off the team.

He is a hell of a talent, and he is at NAIA Graceland right now. Doing quite well too. He declared for the draft, and I believe is taking part in a pro day somewhere, not sure where though.

I highly doubt that anyone takes a chance on him. In fact, I bet two of his friends who went to HS with him 100$ each that he doesnt get a try out. He needs to go to the CFL where he can show how good he really is, and that he has matured and can stay outta trouble. Too bad, because he was a great athlete. I remember a HS basektball game where he dunked and broke the entire net off the ceiling. Just to give you some sort of insight.

Comment

Lumsden can't even carry the load in the CFL he is always hurt!

Sig by Mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
          Lumsden never went to Rutgers. He took his HS team (Nelson) to the highest possible bowl game (forget the name back then) and won MVP. Then he stayed at home and played for McMaster. His dad was a fullback in the CFL but he played QB for my current school.
          He won a Metro Bowl while at Nelson, but it was the year where we had the Teachers Strike, and not every conference was able to play for a bowl. Most notably, Lorne Park (Mississauga). They went undefeated, and were screwed outta playing in a bowl game. Nelson never even played the CISSAA schools. I think they beat Central Tech in the finals.

Anyways, his next year, they lost to Notre Dame (Burlington), who went on to the Metro Bowl finals, only to lose to Lorne Park. P.S My dad coached at Lorne Park when they won ROPSSAA 5 t straight times, and won 2 Metro Bowls and a 1 Golden Horshoe Bowl. Great teams.

Yea, his dad is Neil Lumsden. I believe he is in the CFL hall of fame. Could be wrong, but he is a big name around the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
            Ya, because that is exactly what I said right? Thanks for retelling me exactly what I said smart guy.
            I was just concurring with you Billingsley! The situation you explained certainly sounds fishy, is there a conspiracy going on?....NFL DON'T LIKE WHITE RUNNING BACKS!

Comment

he got cut by the Redskins and the Seahawks why would he make it now?

Comment

Look, I was certainly hoping Lumsden would have a great career in the NFL but he got cut by 2 teams and came to the CFL.
                I consider Gibbs, the HC at Washington to be a pretty good assessor of talent and he cut Lumsden, nobody else picked him up, end of story.
                He had his shots and didn't impress enough for any NFL team to want him.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

I believe it was Moses who told me this guy ran a 4.4 at the combine. He is not slow.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I'll admit, the tapes of him look impressive but if he belongs in the NFL so badly then he'll just have to come down and make a team for himself.

Comment

Here a name to look out for in a few years: Jamall Lee

He was the CIS rushing leader in his 3rd year. In 8 games he rushed for 1492 (186.5 ypg) on 192 attempts (7.77 ypc) and 12 TD's. He's listed at 6'1 215 but he's actually close to 6'2 225 (I know because he went to my HS and said that he tried to make himself seem more compact.) He runs in the 4.5-4.4 range. He carried his team, the Bishop Gaiters all season. Before this year Bishop's was one of the worst teams in CIS and they finished as one of the top 5-10 teams. Jamall is an absolute freak. He's going into his 4th year. If Lee continues this domination at the CIS level for the next to seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if he got some looks from NFL teams.

http://cis.infinityprosports.com/200...player_id=3285

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        Look, I was certainly hoping Lumsden would have a great career in the NFL but he got cut by 2 teams and came to the CFL.
                        I consider Gibbs, the HC at Washington to be a pretty good assessor of talent and he cut Lumsden, nobody else picked him up, end of story.
                        He had his shots and didn't impress enough for any NFL team to want him.
                        Exactly. People can complain that he's being treated unfairly, but you have to understand that GM's and coaches want the best possible team they can get. If he was better than the other RB's on the roster, he would have made the team over them.

Comment

The only reason the redskins cut him in the 2006 offseason was because we have,

RB

1. Clinton Portis
                          2. Ladell Betts
                          3. Rock Cartwright

Jesse was impressive in preseason games.

Comment

It would be fair to let him play one full season in the CFL first before we can start making all these assessments on whether or not he belongs in the NFL.

Comment

Lumsden was beat out by Nehemiah Broughton (7th rounder from Citadel) and TJ Duckett.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                                Here a name to look out for in a few years: Jamall Lee

He was the CIS rushing leader in his 3rd year. In 8 games he rushed for 1492 (186.5 ypg) on 192 attempts (7.77 ypc) and 12 TD's. He's listed at 6'1 215 but he's actually close to 6'2 225 (I know because he went to my HS and said that he tried to make himself seem more compact.) He runs in the 4.5-4.4 range. He carried his team, the Bishop Gaiters all season. Before this year Bishop's was one of the worst teams in CIS and they finished as one of the top 5-10 teams. Jamall is an absolute freak. He's going into his 4th year. If Lee continues this domination at the CIS level for the next to seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if he got some looks from NFL teams.

http://cis.infinityprosports.com/200...player_id=3285

I think I would still rather take Darryl Stephenson from Windsor over him. Stephenson I believe either broke, or is very close to breaking many of Lumsden's records. And yea, Jamal Lee is bigger than 6'1 215. When I went to Bishops in early february, I was tlking to him, and he damn near my size, and Im 6'3. He is a talent, seriously, but I like Stephenson. Big, fast, can cut and can pound the rock. I think he may got a shot as well in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information