• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laurier is where its at in the CIS anyhow

Sig by Mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by alexschnarr View Post
      Laurier is where its at in the CIS anyhow
      Not anymore. Western is coming back up with Greg Marshall, and same with Guelph. McMaster should be good, Ottawa is going to be solid. Queens is also a solid squad. The OUA should be pretty good next year.

Comment

No i know, one of my best friends is captain of there defense though, so i gotta rep them, but I also think they are better than Guelph, and Western
        Last edited by alexschnarr; 03-18-2008, 02:12 PM.

Sig by Mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
          He won a Metro Bowl while at Nelson, but it was the year where we had the Teachers Strike, and not every conference was able to play for a bowl. Most notably, Lorne Park (Mississauga). They went undefeated, and were screwed outta playing in a bowl game. Nelson never even played the CISSAA schools. I think they beat Central Tech in the finals.

Anyways, his next year, they lost to Notre Dame (Burlington), who went on to the Metro Bowl finals, only to lose to Lorne Park. P.S My dad coached at Lorne Park when they won ROPSSAA 5 t straight times, and won 2 Metro Bowls and a 1 Golden Horshoe Bowl. Great teams.

Yea, his dad is Neil Lumsden. I believe he is in the CFL hall of fame. Could be wrong, but he is a big name around the league.
          Yeah Northern didn't even play a game that year....our coaches say that was our most talented and hard-working team ever and they got screwed.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            Yeah Northern didn't even play a game that year....our coaches say that was our most talented and hard-working team ever and they got screwed.
            My dad says the same thing for Lorne Park. I think that was a tainted year, and LP should have won. seeing as they ripped through everyone the year before, and even beat St. Mikes.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              He is a poor man's Peterson. I'm not saying he's as close to as good as Peterson, but he's a backup/spot starter Peterson with his size and skills.

I'm pretty sure he hacked it well at the East West Shrine Game...5 carries for 41 yards to be exact. You're right though, he got his chances and he didn't make it, but I'd like to know why. Many others share the same feeling as I do.....he's Canadian and White and therefore there is no justification of keeping a player like that on the roster. I think one of the Seahawks and Redskins even had injuries at the position after he was signed but he still didn't make it....he definitely has/had the talent, but it could be that he doesn't understand American offensive terminology or something hidden that you don't notice on a highlight tape. I do have my doubts though.
              I'm split.

I think he'd be a solid Role player as a 3rd down/Short Yardage back.

I see a lot of Jerome Bettis in him.

The way he holds the ball, his agillity for his size with the quick choppy steps and the ability to sidestep or run over.

He has another gear, but he doesn't have 4.3 speed, he was caught a tone of times.

I'm frankly more interesting in that #69 (LG or LT?) but that guy is a Very Athletic Mauling looking player. Very quick out on screens.

But back to Lumsden. I think he could be a Ladell Betts like player, maybe a starter in short spurts, but I don't think he's a Franchise caliber.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

He also got a chance with the Packers in 2005 and didn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  Noah Herron did.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

No he didnt. Jesse was only with Seattle and Washington.

Comment

I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure he never got a shot with the Packers.

ur quick billingsley

stephenson86

Comment

Jesse impressed and earned tons of praise throughout East West Shrine but never saw the field in preseason for the Seahawks in 05'. He got hurt early in camp and recovered before a preseason game with Dallas. He was assured by the Seahawks he would get some carries, he never even got past the sidelines. He was cut the next day.
                        In 06' the Skins signed him and he was reportedly very impressive in the Baltimore-Washington scrimmage and training camp. However, once it came to preseason, he was in for maybe about two plays total. It was pretty clear that Washington had their running back depth chart set long before Lumsden even got there. They had no intention of allowing him to unseat any established Redskins and they barely let him on the field even in the third and fourth games of preseason when everybody gets a shot.

I guess lots of guys get hosed every year but it's not often that someone with his measurables and resume' gets axed without a chance to even showcase himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

I'm frankly more interesting in that #69 (LG or LT?) but that guy is a Very Athletic Mauling looking player. Very quick out on screens.

But back to Lumsden. I think he could be a Ladell Betts like player, maybe a starter in short spurts, but I don't think he's a Franchise caliber.
                          The Ti-Cats have one of the worst lines I've ever seen in professional football. They can't pass block whatsoever.

Franchise caliber? He's good but that would be ridiculous if a franchise back was sitting in Canada (not by choice). I agree with your assessment but even mentioning those words is a stretch.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                            I think I would still rather take Darryl Stephenson from Windsor over him. Stephenson I believe either broke, or is very close to breaking many of Lumsden's records. And yea, Jamal Lee is bigger than 6'1 215. When I went to Bishops in early february, I was tlking to him, and he damn near my size, and Im 6'3. He is a talent, seriously, but I like Stephenson. Big, fast, can cut and can pound the rock. I think he may got a shot as well in the NFL.
                            At the CFL Combine Testing Darryl Stephenson ran a 4.7 40, benched 225 23 times, 4.41 shuttle, 37 inch vertical, 9'11 1/2 broad jump. Pretty good numbers except for the forty. If he is able to cut that down at all he can be a beast. He is 6'2 225, and I believe broke Jesse Lumsden's records. If I am wrong, he was awfully close to beating them.
                            Someone might give him a shot with a tryout, but I think these numbers show that he can cut and has agility, and is also an all around athlete.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Di_EgbPr00

This video should show you everything. He won the Hec Crieghton in 2006 (Canadian Heisman) and this video shows you his hands, his cuts, power, change of direction and breakway speed. I think he looks like a little better prospect than Jesse Lumsden was.

P.S Check out the run at 3:20.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                              seriously? people are posting quotes from his dad and things he's said that some nameless seattle player agreed with as if they're actual supporting evidence? jesus christ.

two nfl teams cut him and it's unacceptable that he just wasn't good enough? come on. that's pathetic.

Right on. If he's could cut it in the NFL, he'd be there. No matter what his color.

Comment

Never heard of him... but from the videos... dude looks like a beast
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information