No announcement yet.

What is Jared Allen worth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone who has followed this closely (and been a Chiefs fan my entire life) I can see both sides.

Jared Allen thinks he deserves a long term contract. He does. He believes the franchise tag is a slap in the face. It is not.

Carl Peterson didn't want to sign someone to a long term deal that had past "character" issues. He was suspended four games (served two) for multiple DUI arrests. That, in itself, is not a bad move. However, he has worked hard to clean up his act and stay sober. I believe that Carl Peterson and the Chiefs organization realize this, and he will be re-signed to a deal that a player of his caliber is worth. I'm not sure what that number would be, but he is arguably the most important piece of our defense.

I don't think he leaves KC, regardless of what he's said in the past.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

After Brodie Croyle fails miserably in 2008 The Chiefs will trade Jared Allen to the Browns for Derek Anderson during the 11th hour of the trade deadline. :)

Hey, a fan can hope right? And I think he would be an excellent pass rushing OLB in a 34 defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
        After Brodie Croyle fails miserably in 2008 The Chiefs will trade Jared Allen to the Browns for Derek Anderson during the 11th hour of the trade deadline. :)

Hey, a fan can hope right? And I think he would be an excellent pass rushing OLB in a 34 defense.
        i didn't even read your post. Cribbs>Hester? what were you thinking when you made that sn?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          i didn't even read your post. Cribbs>Hester? what were you thinking when you made that sn?
          Obviously I was thinking very clearly, more clear than the brainwashed population who is obsessed with Hester's hype train.

Kick Return: Cribbs
          Punt Return: Hester
          Always Having a Positive Play: Cribbs
          Gunner: Cribbs

Cribbs doesn't always score like Hester, but he has more total big returns than Hester.

Comment

You realize if JA gets only 14 sacks this year that will give him 57 sacks in 5 years. Also he has had 10 PDs that last two years, and averages 5 FFs a yer. Also has become an offensive threat. I think he will have at least 16 sacks. Giving him an average of 11 a year and he is only getting better, more focused.

He went sober for a while and showed a new focus throoughout the year. I wouldnt be shocked if he puts up a 18 sack, 12 PD, 10 FF type year. He has the most potential the break the sack record IMO. More so than Mario.

Plus he over pursues, which means he is good for run support in that he well bull rush and fight off blocker and find the ball. I think he will onyl get better with the progress of the DTs as well.

You have to realize this man is a freak and 25 years old. He has 8 years left in him.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Cribbs doesn't always score like Hester, but he has more total big returns than Hester.[/QUOTE]

is this seriously your argument??
              the reason Cribbs has more big plays is because teams rarely kick it to Hester. duh

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                Well when you really think about it no one is worth DF money but in the world of football he is not out of line sad but true.
                Says who? If the market dictates that having that special skillset is worth X amount of money, who's qualified to say otherwise?

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                  Cribbs doesn't always score like Hester, but he has more total big returns than Hester.

is this seriously your argument??
                  the reason Cribbs has more big plays is because teams rarely kick it to Hester. duh[/QUOTE]

You don't even watch Browns games. You're opinion is worthless to me. Teams kicked it away from Cribbs plenty. You just didn't see because the media refuses to give us nationally televised games.

Cribbs is a better overall special teamer than Hester will ever be period.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information