No announcement yet.

Winston Justice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be very disappointed if the 49ers pursued him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

he will always be remembered for the giants game. Hes got talent i hop a team takes a chance on him if philly doesnt.

Comment

I don't see the Eagles moving him just yet. He was never as good as some suggested coming out of college, but he is still a solid tackle talent and could be in line to play RT. I was never a big fan of Winston as a LT, but I think, with work, he could make a solid Rt, and considering the age on the tackles, I don't see them moving him. By next year, they very well could have a new set of tackles (Justice with someone from this year perhaps).

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
          I don't see the Eagles moving him just yet. He was never as good as some suggested coming out of college, but he is still a solid tackle talent and could be in line to play RT. I was never a big fan of Winston as a LT, but I think, with work, he could make a solid Rt, and considering the age on the tackles, I don't see them moving him. By next year, they very well could have a new set of tackles (Justice with someone from this year perhaps).
          This is correct, the Eagles are not moving him, and he will at least get a shot at being our RT, or maybe even LT. Probably best suited to play RT, but depending on how he progresses, could be a successful LT.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

He played really badly but it was still just one game. He's young with potential and could still end up being a solid RT. Definitly wouldn't be a good move to give up on him and get a lousy offer from his deflated value.
            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Justice was a potentially dominant RT coming out of college. He dropped due to concerns over whether he was a LT and for character/work ethic issues. I think in his third year, he could beat out John Runyan for the starting RT job. Yes, it is possible that Runyan could be cut. That will be a sad day for Eagles fans, but it might be the right move.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I recently posed this question out loud, wondering it myself, is if Gosder Cherilus is sitting there at #19 (I think that's the Eagles' pick), how much do the Eagles consider him? We know OL and DL is their forte in the first round, and importantly they have success with that method whereas they suck at drafting receivers for example.

If they have potentially 10 great years of right tackle play from Cherilus there on the table for them, do they take it and try to work Justice out at LT?

I think they do, even though I think Justice can play and isn't near as bad as that night against the Giants. Which I'm pretty sure he had some help, even if they didn't keep a tight end with him at all times like he probably needed. The OL itself was a complete and utter mess that day, Justice wasn't the only culprit.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  I recently posed this question out loud, wondering it myself, is if Gosder Cherilus is sitting there at #19 (I think that's the Eagles' pick), how much do the Eagles consider him? We know OL and DL is their forte in the first round, and importantly they have success with that method whereas they suck at drafting receivers for example.

If they have potentially 10 great years of right tackle play from Cherilus there on the table for them, do they take it and try to work Justice out at LT?

I think they do, even though I think Justice can play and isn't near as bad as that night against the Giants. Which I'm pretty sure he had some help, even if they didn't keep a tight end with him at all times like he probably needed. The OL itself was a complete and utter mess that day, Justice wasn't the only culprit.
                  myself and Bsaza have been saying since PS that the Eagles are in all likelihood going LT with their 1st this year. I still feel that way. Its either LT, or Kenny Phillips.

Comment

Which LT are they going to draft, if Long/Clady/Williams/Otah/and maybe Albert are off the board? There isn't one remotely worth considering there.

Phillips at #19? Eh, maybe that's a bit high. He wore the same uni as Ed Reed and Sean Taylor, let's stop trying to be cute and make the comparison more than it really is.

Besides, I would think FS is more valuable to the Eagles and their first round pick usage. Dawkins is probably playing his last year.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Which LT are they going to draft, if Long/Clady/Williams/Otah/and maybe Albert are off the board? There isn't one remotely worth considering there.

Phillips at #19? Eh, maybe that's a bit high. He wore the same uni as Ed Reed and Sean Taylor, let's stop trying to be cute and make the comparison more than it really is.

Besides, I would think FS is more valuable to the Eagles and their first round pick usage. Dawkins is probably playing his last year.
                      whats the chances all of those guys are taken before 19 though? i can see them perhaps trading back if all are gone and taking Baker later on, although I think Reid favors big strong linemen opposed to finesse guys.

I think Phillips is rated higher by teams than he is over here. Dallas has him rated their #3 DB on their board. I personally think he'll bounce back in the pros on the right team. And the fit just makes sense. They need a safety, he's the best available guy. *shrug*

Comment

If the Eagles really like a guy, they will trade up to get him. As they showed last year, they are also not afraid to drop back to get a guy they like at a stronger value. After the elite guys in the top 12-14, there is a long group in the 15-45 range that can grade out similarly. Might not pay to move up in that kind of environment unless they absolutely love someone.

The Eagles' biggest needs are OT depth, WR quality, PR/KR, DLine depth, then safety of the future.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

He may have played poorly at LT in the giants game but he had a lot of starting time the final 2 games at RT against the saints and bills and looked really good. In a couple years I'm sure everyone will have forgot about the giants game.

Comment

im gonna miss the Strahan/Runyan battles. I guess the next chapter will be Tuck vs Justice.

...i got money on Tuck lol.

Comment

Remember, though, that Dawkins himself was a second round draft pick. I think that the Eagles FO, more than any other team, places an emphasis on getting big guys early and leaving less important positions for later rounds. Even if Dawkins is playing his last year, I don't think they'd reach on a safety in the first round, especially with the awesome CB corp they have.

Comment

I think the Eagles may go safety in the first orund, depending upon who is available, but safety will be taken care of in the first three rounds for sure.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information