No announcement yet.

Packers sign Brandon Chillar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the deal. Should help the left side on coverage plays. Just a heads up

According to the game-charting project of footballoutsiders.com, AJ Hawk was the most effective coverage linebacker in the entire NFL last season. In their words, following week 13, "For those curious, out of the few linebackers with lots of pass targets, the clear standout is A.J. Hawk, with a Success Rate of 69 percent."

Comment

I was hoping the Rams would resign him. I thought he did a great job for us the past few years.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        I like the deal. Should help the left side on coverage plays. Just a heads up

According to the game-charting project of footballoutsiders.com, AJ Hawk was the most effective coverage linebacker in the entire NFL last season. In their words, following week 13, "For those curious, out of the few linebackers with lots of pass targets, the clear standout is A.J. Hawk, with a Success Rate of 69 percent."
        Woo! finally some proof of that... I'd been saying it since mid season the guy was a shutdown LB if I ever seen one, nobody throws at him anymore. He's on the field all the time too that may be why they say he had been throw at a lot but I really don't think he was.
        I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

AJ Hawks pimp hand is way strong

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            I doubt it. Just because we have the room doesn't mean we offered him more. Playing time was probably an issue, but he wouldn't have to beat out all three of them, just one. Actually he'd probably have a better chance to start in Arizona with two spots up for grabs where in Green Bay Poppinga's the only one he has a chance to compete with. We should find out more tomorrow, but I don't think it was because we offered more money. We wouldn't overpay to get him. The coaching staff has said that they are comfortable with Poppinga and we're working on an extention. I love this signing and think it will be great for competion and I kind of think Chillar will win, but it's not like we really needed to get a LB so we overpayed.
            he would of been our 4th ILB , definitively would of had to beat out all 3 if he wanted to start, could of been a rotational guy gave Hayes a few plays off here and there, I definitively think it came down to playing time and money because he loves the desert
            Last edited by fenikz; 03-20-2008, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moose View Post
              thanks a million...to me its a great feeling to get corrected i welcome constructive criticism.

(no offense roidrunner, I found this pic four days ago and have been waiting for an oppertunity to post it)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

none taken i found it funny

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
                  none taken i found it funny
                  I'm like Rocco from Boondock Saints, not much knowledge, I'm just the funny man... I wish I had hair like his though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

A.J. Hawks pimp hand is strong, thanks for noticing. Thank the lord we got a half-way decent LB. Now everyone can stop saying we'll take one early.
                    Needs:

1. CB

2. Pass Rushing End

3. Zone-Blocking OT/OG

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                      A.J. Hawks pimp hand is strong, thanks for noticing. Thank the lord we got a half-way decent LB. Now everyone can stop saying we'll take one early.
                      Needs:

1. CB

2. Pass Rushing End

3. Zone-Blocking OT/OG
                      Pack is looking really solid now...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

yea i could not agree more. TT is doing a great job at stocking this team.

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
                          yea i could not agree more. TT is doing a great job at stocking this team.
                          now it's time to start hoping Aaron Rodgers is as good as they said way back when.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

the offense we have fits ARod better than it did Favre. so here is to hoping. but i think he will do fine. the draft will tell us alot about what the packers think of him.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                              Needs:

1. CB

2. Pass Rushing End

3. Zone-Blocking OT/OG
                              Until Brandon Jackson establishes himself as an NFL back and Grant proves that he's not a one-year wonder, runningback is at least a position of interest, if not a need.

They could certainly use a backup TE as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

we will take a RB and QB this draft for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information