• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers sign Brandon Chillar

I don't know if this is thread worthy but anyway:

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...ers-offer.aspx
    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

This improves our starting spot at SSLB (by creating a battle between Chillar and Poppinga) and gives us another special teams ace (the one who loses that battle). I'd venture to guess we'll see Brady back on special teams, where he is an excellent player.

Good signing.

Comment

Well, they'll both play some special teams cause they both play SAM, but yeah I like it. Our depth at LB just shot up big time. I think Poppinga will still get time. He's a good pass rusher, good attacker. He'll find a way to get on the field.

Bosanac01

Comment

I read this yesterday on rotoworld

As expected, the Packers and Giants have dropped out of the race for free agent LB Brandon Chillar.

The Rams and Cardinals are left to bid for his services. Chillar favors playing in the desert, but Arizona remains hamstrung with Larry Fitzgerald's contract still unsigned. St. Louis' chances of retaining Chillar are growing.

So I kind of lost some hope but what do you know he will sign with GB, but with the way things are going its probably false.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I have always thought Chillar was underrated by Rams fans. Personally I feel he is better than Tinoisamoa, but he isn't spectacular either. You should probably just expect fairly solid LB play from him

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Steady SAM backer option opens up a lot more doors in the draft for the Packers in the first 2 rounds. Outside of adding a CB, there isn't really a pressing need, consideirng Poppinga can be used as a pass rusher. That said, they'll probably look DE (perhaps revisit those Jason Taylor rumors?) This affords them the option of going RB if they find a playmaker they like, or adding another TE. They could look Safety or more OL as well. Actually, this probably increases the chances of OL early again, as they have to start preparing for post-Tauscher/Clifton.

Comment

SHOCKED!!!!! gee i hope the texans get nate barnett now.

Comment

nate barnett???? you mean Nick Barnett?

Comment

Yeah they'll give him a big contract in 8 years when we cut him and he's 35 or something.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                    Steady SAM backer option opens up a lot more doors in the draft for the Packers in the first 2 rounds. Outside of adding a CB, there isn't really a pressing need, consideirng Poppinga can be used as a pass rusher. That said, they'll probably look DE (perhaps revisit those Jason Taylor rumors?) This affords them the option of going RB if they find a playmaker they like, or adding another TE. They could look Safety or more OL as well. Actually, this probably increases the chances of OL early again, as they have to start preparing for post-Tauscher/Clifton.
                    Yeah i believe this year, both will be 30+. But i have faith in Barbe, that he'll make a good lineman

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
                      nate barnett???? you mean Nick Barnett?
                      thanks a million...to me its a great feeling to get corrected i welcome constructive criticism.

Comment

I'm gonna miss him :( hope he does well in Green Bay

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                          I read this yesterday on rotoworld

As expected, the Packers and Giants have dropped out of the race for free agent LB Brandon Chillar.

The Rams and Cardinals are left to bid for his services. Chillar favors playing in the desert, but Arizona remains hamstrung with Larry Fitzgerald's contract still unsigned. St. Louis' chances of retaining Chillar are growing.

So I kind of lost some hope but what do you know he will sign with GB, but with the way things are going its probably false.
                          Fitzgerald's contract has been extended for about a week now definitely not the reason we didn't go after him, I just think that GB offered him more money and a opportunity to start, while in AZ he would of had to out play Hayes, Dansby & Biesel to get playing time

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                            Yeah that's what I like most about it is draft flexibility. I've been thinking for a while if Campbell or Merling were there at 30 that has good chance of being the pick. So many CB's will be taken in the first two rounds so I'm starting to think that will happen with one of our 2nd rounders unless Mike Jenkins or Talib fall to us at 30 (they fit the scheme best).

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              Fitzgerald's contract has been extended for about a week now definitely not the reason we didn't go after him, I just think that GB offered him more money and a opportunity to start, while in AZ he would of had to out play Hayes, Dansby & Biesel to get playing time
                              I doubt it. Just because we have the room doesn't mean we offered him more. Playing time was probably an issue, but he wouldn't have to beat out all three of them, just one. Actually he'd probably have a better chance to start in Arizona with two spots up for grabs where in Green Bay Poppinga's the only one he has a chance to compete with. We should find out more tomorrow, but I don't think it was because we offered more money. We wouldn't overpay to get him. The coaching staff has said that they are comfortable with Poppinga and we're working on an extention. I love this signing and think it will be great for competion and I kind of think Chillar will win, but it's not like we really needed to get a LB so we overpayed.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information