Joe Horn cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    Set may be a bit of an overstatement. We have Colston, yes, but he has to prove that his rookie season was not just a fluke (think Michael Clayton). Devery Henderson became a huge threat for us last year, but still inconsistent at times. Then, Terrance Cooper whom isn't too bad. If, say, a Dwayne Jarrett is there at #27 it wouldn't shock me to see us pick someone of his caliber.
    That's all very true and I agree. What I meant by set wasn't "yay! we're set, we're gonna roll", but more of "we're pretty much set up right now with a full compliment of able receivers".

Comment

I'd be surprised if you didn't take him.
      "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

My quetion is how are all these available veteran WR's going to effect the draft?

Maybe drops some stock to certain WR.

Comment

it doesn't surprise me with horn being cut with his salary and his lacking production of what he used to be im sure the saints will take him back with a pay cut though

Comment

they cant be set with just henderson and colston

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
              it doesn't surprise me with horn being cut with his salary and his lacking production of what he used to be im sure the saints will take him back with a pay cut though
              The thing is I highly doubt Horn is willing to take a pay cut. That's the reason he was released in the first place.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Not a move I expected. They must think their young guys have it covered.

He'd be good in San Fran.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Very surprised to see the saints release the man who was the Face of this Franchise for a long time. . . But i must say he would look great in the purple & gold

Comment

hopfully oakland signs him :)

Comment

my money would go on Green Bay signing him. McCarthy was horn's OC in from 2000-2004 and when he left for San Fran and then the HC job in GB Horn spoke very highly of him and really respects him. he also put up his best numbers when mccarthy was his OC so it seems like a perfect fit.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Maybe Atlanta can sign him. Not only would he be a good WR, but as a mentor type towards our talented, but inconsistent, receivers..

BTW - I have always respected Joe Horn.
                        Am I a prophet?

Falcons, former Saints WR Horn talking contract
                        Joe Horn - WR - NO - Mar. 2 - 2:32 p.m. ET

Free agent Joe Horn's player representative is already in discussions with the Atlanta Falcons about a contract for his client.
                        The first step the sides are taking is setting up a meeting for Horn and new Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino. Horn is exactly what the Falcons need in their receiving corps; someone to tutor Roddy White and Michael Jenkins and bring leadership...and hands. Mar. 2 - 2:32 p.m. ET

From Rotoworld
                        Last edited by Shiver; 03-02-2007, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Shiver is a witch, burn her!

Or him ..

Comment

Vitolo said Horn, 35, and Vick have been friends for years and that relationship could factor into Horn's possible union with his longtime NFC South rival.

Jacksonville, Miami, Cleveland and Green Bay were some of the other teams to have reached out to Horn, but Atlanta is at the top of Horn's list, Vitolo said.

"Things have been very positive," Vitolo said of talks with the Falcons.
                            '

http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.as...22007omg6406lh

Comment

I figured he'd land in Atlanta moreso than anywhere else.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

BAM!

He would be great to have here. I'd still like a true #1 but Joe Horn is a step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information