Active Hall of Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    Larry Johnson started too late he only has about 4-5 years left to put up hall of fame numbers

Edgerrin James should be on there

11607 Rushing Yards
    3260 Receiving Yards
    88 TD
    Yeah, he could retire with about 15000 rushing yards, 20000 APY, and 100 TDs...imagine what it would be had he never torn his ACL.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Champ Baily will probably make it.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
        I think Edgerrin James will be hurt because of his years in Arizona. What I mean by that is that those years are revealing that he is not nearly as good as what his stats in Indianapolis would indicate. Throughout his entire career in Indy he wasn't the guy the defense geared up to stop. That makes things a lot easier.
        In his defense, he went from one of the best OLs in the NFL to one of the worst. If the Cardinals can build an OL for him, he could probably reach his 03-05 production levels again.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
          There's only one running back who ever came back from a 400+ carry season to have anything resembling sucess. He's the exception that proves the rule. It's not LJ.
          Give me a break. There is such a small sample to choose from that saying only one came back successfully means jack squat.

What about players who had 360 or 370 carries during the regular season and went on to play 2 or 3 playoff games that put them over 400 carries for the season? Nobody ever talks about them yet there are a good number of runningbacks who fall under that category. I looked it up once but I am too lazy to do it again. Emmitt Smith was one of them though and I believe he had 2 or 3 seasons with 400+ carries counting the playoffs, most of them being early in his career. He also had a couple more seasons in the 380 or 390 range that really were not much of a difference. He was just fine.

Comment

Just some names off the top of my head:

Tony Gonzalez
            Ty Law
            Michael Strahan
            Ladainian Tomlinson
            Tom Brady
            Peyton Manning
            Jonathan Ogden (I believe he just retired but I will still count him as active)
            Marvin Harrison
            Torry Holt
            Randy Moss
            Terrell Owens

Comment

Devin Hester is well on his way to destroying every kr/pr record

but then again only 1 ST player has ever made it into the Hall

Comment

Gayle Sayers made it in part because of his return ability, and the fact that for his era he was an absolute freak of nature.

That's not to say Hester will make the HOF, but the FO seems to have really high hopes for him at receiver down the road.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

champ bailey will 100% make it as will ray lewis obviously. i also think zach thomas will end up there.
                  "it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                    We have now reached the point in the offseason where nothing substantial will happen until the draft. So, to liven the place up a bit, I ask you to name the active players you think will reach the HOF. Off the top of my head in no particular order.

QB
                    Tom Brady
                    Peyton Manning

RB
                    Steven Jackson....I know he still has a long long ways to go
                    Ladainian Tomlinson
                    Larry Johnson....Again he must do a lot, and I worry about him getting too many carries
                    I would say AP, but he has only played one year and the injury concern is still there for me

WR
                    Torry Holt
                    Isaac Bruce
                    Randy Moss
                    Terrell Owens
                    Marvin Harrison

There are many others I feel have a decent shot, but there are issues like character (TO's #'s will be too amazing to deny him) and having to continue their success for years to come. These are guys I would put in this group in a rough order of what I think their chances of making it are:
                    Chad Johnson
                    Steve Smith
                    Larry Fitzgerald
                    Anquon Boldin
                    Hines Ward......should probably make it because of his overall game, but stat sheets may hurt him
                    Reggie Wayne
                    Andre Johnson......an amazing talent, but his career could end up being wasted away with a terrible team if remains in Houston

OL
                    Jonathon Ogden
                    Walter Jones
                    Larry Allen

Again many others that could make it, like Orlando Pace (must return to a top level without injuries for a few years) and Samuel from Washington. I am probably leaving some guys off this on accident.

DL
                    Michael Strahan

LB
                    Ray Lewis
                    Brian Urlacher
                    Shawn Merriman

DB
                    Champ Bailey
                    Ed Reed

There are a lot guys here that have a shot but I am not as confident about. I'm even a little hesitant on Reed.
                    the bolded guys are the only guys on that list that are actual 100% hall of famers as of now

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                      the bolded guys are the only guys on that list that are actual 100% hall of famers as of now
                      Ogden and Jones aren't? I disagree with that.

Comment

your list might be better if you took down a name or two....like Steven Jax....he's a great player and all and i love him...but as of right now he's not even sniffing HOF

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                        Originally posted by TitanHope
                        R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                        He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

I think you forgot Larry Allen. Anyone with 11 pro bowls, and what 2 SB rings? First Ballot or the HOF is a joke.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Brian Dawkins baby.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
                            Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
                            PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)

Comment

Sorry man, but Larry Allen is shoe in first ballot. Any reasoning on why he wouldn't be?

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                                I would put DeMarcus Ware before I would put Shawne Merriman, but I am also a Cowboys fan..
                                To early for both of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information