No announcement yet.

Active Hall of Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas will both end up in the HoF by the time it is done.

Taylor most likely a first ballot

Thomas will get in eventually (more tackles then any player in the HoF playing in multiple different defensive systems).

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
      QB
      Tom Brady
      Peyton Manning

RB
      Steven Jackson.... No!
      Ladainian Tomlinson
      Larry Johnson Never
      WR
      Torry Holt - No
      Isaac Bruce - NoRandy Moss
      Terrell Owens
      Marvin Harrison

Chad Johnson - Not even close
      Steve Smith - No
      Larry Fitzgerald - No
      Anquon Boldin - No
      Hines Ward......Not even close
      Reggie Wayne - No
      Andre Johnson...... No

OL
      Jonathon Ogden
      Walter Jones
      Larry Allen

Again many others that could make it, like Orlando Pace (must return to a top level without injuries for a few years) and Samuel from Washington. I am probably leaving some guys off this on accident.

DL
      Michael Strahan

LB
      Ray Lewis
      Brian Urlacher
      Shawn Merriman - No
      Add.. Derrick Brooks

DB
      Champ Bailey - No
      Ed Reed - No

There are a lot guys here that have a shot but I am not as confident about. I'm even a little hesitant on Reed.
      It seems many think it is the Hall of very Good.

Comment

^ I have to disagree on your statement about Champ Bailey. He's the best all-around corner in the game, best in coverage and one of the best against the run. Putting him in does not make it "The Hall of Very Good".

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Derrick Brooks will make the hall, he redefined his position, John Lynch will likely make it. I think Steve Hutchinson might have a chance as well. Torry Holt will probably make the Hall, just because of his huge production. Other than that I think the only absoluetely surefire guys right now are:

Peyton Manning
          Tom Brady
          Champ Bailey
          Marvin Harrisson
          Tony Gonzalez
          LaDainian Tomlinson
          Ray Lewis
          Michael Strahan
          Walter Jones

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I doubt Holt makes it unless he sticks around and produces as long as Isaac Bruce did. It's hard to make it as a receiver, freakin' Cris Carter is gonna be a 2nd ballot HOFer even, and Art Monk got in after like 10 years of retirement at least. The Hall is stingy about which WRs they take, and they're gonna get even stingier b/c nowadays WRs stats are totally bloated due to rule changes and the development of the passing game in football recently. Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison are probably gonna go, and TO beileve it or not has a real good shot too.

Of other positions I think Jason Taylor and Orlando Pace should go but I'm not sure if they will or not.

Comment

I think Willie Anderson has a chance, he was the best right tackle in the league for a long time. Only a 4 time pro bowler, but would have had a lot more had the Bengals not been horrible for the first 7 years of his career.

Comment

Jason Witten should get there one day...greatest TE in team history.

Junior Seau
                Adam Vinatieri

Are some other obvious choices.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-21-2008, 09:31 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  Sorry man, but Larry Allen is shoe in first ballot. Any reasoning on why he wouldn't be?
                  ya i dont know why i didnt highlight him...My mistake

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    I doubt Holt makes it unless he sticks around and produces as long as Isaac Bruce did. It's hard to make it as a receiver, freakin' Cris Carter is gonna be a 2nd ballot HOFer even, and Art Monk got in after like 10 years of retirement at least. The Hall is stingy about which WRs they take, and they're gonna get even stingier b/c nowadays WRs stats are totally bloated due to rule changes and the development of the passing game in football recently. Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison are probably gonna go, and TO beileve it or not has a real good shot too.

Of other positions I think Jason Taylor and Orlando Pace should go but I'm not sure if they will or not.
                    Look at Holt's numbers. They are not far from Monk and Carter and he has been amazingly consistenct since he came into the league. He's got two rings and still a lot of gas left in the tank. He has missed exactly two games in his entire career, so don't expect him to stop putting up big numbers. He's one or two seasons away from being in Marvin Harrisons' shoes and this is without a HOF QB throwing him the ball.

Holt has a two more solid years and I think he is a lock to get in.

Comment

Eli Manning!!! Mark it down!

And just to say it before scottyboy:

Brian Leonard.

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                        Off the top of my head in no particular order.

Steven Jackson
                        I just dont see that happening.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                          Give me a break. There is such a small sample to choose from that saying only one came back successfully means jack squat.

What about players who had 360 or 370 carries during the regular season and went on to play 2 or 3 playoff games that put them over 400 carries for the season? Nobody ever talks about them yet there are a good number of runningbacks who fall under that category. I looked it up once but I am too lazy to do it again. Emmitt Smith was one of them though and I believe he had 2 or 3 seasons with 400+ carries counting the playoffs, most of them being early in his career. He also had a couple more seasons in the 380 or 390 range that really were not much of a difference. He was just fine.
                          I think the number of carries through the playoffs has less impact on the body because they're spaced out over a greater time frame. But I'm less lazy than you. So let's look it up. Here are all the running backs with 370 or fewer carries in the regular season, and 390 or more through the playoffs.

Terrell Davis in 1997: 369 carries regular season, 481 carries through playoffs. had a great season in 98, but that season's 392 regular season carries ended his career for all intents an purposes.

Shaun Alexander in 2005: 370 carries regular season, 430 carries through playoffs. Went from NFL MVP to shadow of himself.

Eddie George in 1999: 320 carries regular season, 428 through the playoffs. Dropped from 4.1 ypc to 3.7 ypc the next season, and then his 403 carry regular season, was never a good starter again.

Thurman Thomas in 1993: 355 carries Regular season, 418 carries through playoffs. Hung around for a while after that, but never broke 1,000 yards and 4.0 ypc in the same season again. Went from averaging 70 ypg, to 55 ypg.

Joe Morris in 1986: 341 carries regular season, 414 through playoffs. Went from 4.4 ypc to 3.4 ypc. Out of the league by 1989.

Jamal Lewis in 2000: 309 carries regular season, 412 carries through playoffs. Tore his ACL next season.

Corey Dillon in 2004: 345 carries regular season, 410 carries through playoffs. Went from 4.2 ypc to 3.5 ypc, missed 4 games due to injury. Out of league by 07.

Ahman Green in 2003: 355 carries regular season, 403 through playoffs. Went from 5.3 ypc, to 4.5 in 04, then 3.3 in 05 with 11 games missed due to injury.

Earl Campbell in 1979: 368 carries regular season, 401 through playoffs. Played well in 1980, but the 373 regular season carries that year broke him.

Natrone Means in 1994: 343 carries regular season, 400 carries through playoffs. missed 6 games due to injury next season, never played a full season again. Out of the league at age 28.

Dorsey Levens in 1997: 329 carries regular season, 400 through playoffs. Played 7 games next season, didn't break 4.0 ypc until 2002 as a backup.

Curt Warner in 1983: 335 carries regular season, 395 carries through playoffs. Missed entire 1984 season after he blew out his knee.

Emmitt Smith in 1994: 368 carries regular season, 395 through playoffs. Had his best season in 1995, where the 377 regular season carries caused him to go from 4.7 ypc to 3.7 ypc in 1996.

Curtis Martin in 1998 had 369 carries through the regular season, and 418 through the playoffs. Emmitt Smith in 1991 had 365 carries in the regular season, and 406 through the playoffs. Neither back suffered a significant decline in the next two years.

15 seasons, 10 of them declined the next season, 13 of them had declined by the second season. Ok, Playoff carries seem to matter too. But it still doesn't paint a favorable picture for LJ.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                          The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                          I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by bucpimpin View Post
                            It seems many think it is the Hall of very Good.
                            Well it's nice that you said no to all the WR's that I also said needed to do more to get in. Of course Anquon Boldin isn't in the HOF based on what he has done so far, but to say he doesn't have a shot at all is rather idiotic. That's why I added that secondary list of WR's that have a shot but must do a lot more down the road.

As for S-Jax and Merriman I know it is far far too early for them to be in the HOF based on what they have done thus far. I simply picked them because out of the young great players in the league they are towards the top of the list of guys who have the ability to continue to produce at a high level for years to come.

If you wanted to be a real stickler on this then you could basically only name players that are around 32 or older (besides Brady and LT), because they could suffer career ending injuries or fall of the face of the earth and not make the HOF because of it. But I think it is fairly safe to predict a reasonable level production from guys like Holt and Urlacher the remainder of their careers, thus putting them in the HOF.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
                              Look at Holt's numbers. They are not far from Monk and Carter and he has been amazingly consistenct since he came into the league. He's got two rings and still a lot of gas left in the tank. He has missed exactly two games in his entire career, so don't expect him to stop putting up big numbers. He's one or two seasons away from being in Marvin Harrisons' shoes and this is without a HOF QB throwing him the ball.

Holt has a two more solid years and I think he is a lock to get in.
                              Thank you. I get rather tired of people saying Holt is on the bubble or won't make the HOF. I think people just spout off about him without realizing how great his numbers are.

Average Season:
                              89.4 catches
                              1328 yards
                              7.9 TD's

Take out his rookie season and it looks like this.
                              94.1 catches
                              1384.5 yards
                              8.1 TD's

What about those stats doesn't scream HOF. Those are averages, not career highs, averages.

Harrison's Average Season (taking out last year even):
                              92.9 catches
                              1245 yards
                              11.1 TD's

He also has never had a 1000 yard season without Manning (2 years) and didn't get 1000 yards in Manning's rookie year either. In fact he didn't even get 900 in any of those 3 years.

Holt on the other hand has put up these numbers with Warner, Green, Bulger, Chandler, Frerotte, and Fitzpatrick playing significant time (4 games or more). So really one could argue that Holt is better than Harrison, based on his consistency no matter who is around him. So basically, stop questioning whether Holt will make it, that's like questioning Emmitt Smith.......ridiculous.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Fred Taylor. He has one more great season in him and a couple solid ones after that, and he'll definitely break 12,000 yards.

He'll get in if for no other reason then that he's the first Jaguar who has something like a Hall of Fame career, and so the first one in the Hall of Fame (Sorry, Jimmy. Maybe if you'd hung around a little longer).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information