No announcement yet.

Active Hall of Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did turtlepower really beat me to it? Oh my goodness, i feel like such a failure as a homer. I feel so empty, worthless. Like turtlepower just forcibly took my innocence and pride...

BRIAN LEONARD
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I think if Bob Sanders stays healthy for the most part and remains a Colt(meaning that he will stay on a winning team), that he has a good shot at making it. He could very well earn Defensive MVP again and be right there with Ed Reed for 2 MVP awards.
      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Brian Westbrook, and im a giants fan saying it

Comment

Anyone else think Orlando Pace will make it? I saw Keylime and maybe 1 other mention him but that's it. I think being a great left tackle for a long stretch in the offense they ran he was as important as any "skill player".

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlookin View Post
            I was trying to think of more DL who have a chance but none really come to mind, any thoughts...struggling on this
            Warren Sapp, Bryan Young, Jason Taylor, Simeon Rice, and some others. Some young players as well, but we will not know for sure for a few years.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
              Well it's nice that you said no to all the WR's that I also said needed to do more to get in. Of course Anquon Boldin isn't in the HOF based on what he has done so far, but to say he doesn't have a shot at all is rather idiotic. That's why I added that secondary list of WR's that have a shot but must do a lot more down the road.

It's Anquan Boldin, not sure why everyone in this thread is spelling it weird, and based on what he has done so far he is the fastest WR ever to 100, 200, 300 & 400 receptions and is well on his way to be being the fastest to 500 he could end up some where are Cris Carter's numbers

Comment

I think DeAngelo Hall has as good a chance as any cornerback under 25.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Personally I hope they voters don't go for some of these "good" backs and WR's and vote them in instead of really making it for the "elite".
                  Guys like Fred Taylor, Isaac Bruce, Jamal Lewis, possibly Edgerrin James(depends on how he ends his career), Plaxico Burress if he gets up.
                  A lot of these guys are really good players, but, they are not the elites that should be HoFers.
                  Talking about Zach Thomas, Randy Gradishar was way better than him.
                  As for Safeties, Darren Woodson and Steve Atwater should both be in before Lynch, but that probably won't happen.

And people here are making a big deal about 1,000 yards rushing. Now a days, that seems to be nothing. 16 RB's rushed for 1,000+ yards last year. Heck, a couple years ago I think that number was in the mid 20's.
                  Personally, the only RB that I would consider a HoFer that is still active, is LT because he screams "Elite" and most of the time, come up with some way to make a killer play in a game. Adrian Peterson sort of showed that, but no way will I say HoFer about a guy in his 2nd year.
                  And Edgerrin James, heck, I think he gets in, but I will say I don't think he really deserves it as much. The Colts kinda showed that he wasn't hugely responsible for the wins, and they won a championship after letting him go.

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan1985 View Post
                    I think if Bob Sanders stays healthy for the most part and remains a Colt(meaning that he will stay on a winning team), that he has a good shot at making it. He could very well earn Defensive MVP again and be right there with Ed Reed for 2 MVP awards.
                    no way.

nope. nada. just because there's no one to really root for on the colts defense doesn't mean he's HOF worthy.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                      no way.

nope. nada. just because there's no one to really root for on the colts defense doesn't mean he's HOF worthy.
                      What are you talkin about? Sanders is arguably the best safety along with Reed and if he wins another Defensive MVP which is very possible since he is only 26, he will be in a class of his own with Reed atop the NFL safties. This defense has plenty to root for, since it is the FASTEST D IN THE LEAGUE!
                      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan1985 View Post
                        What are you talkin about? Sanders is arguably the best safety along with Reed and if he wins another Defensive MVP which is very possible since he is only 26, he will be in a class of his own with Reed atop the NFL safties. This defense has plenty to root for, since it is the FASTEST D IN THE LEAGUE!
                        you're a nerb.

you can still be the best safety in the league and not a HOFer.

ed reed isn't the best safety in the league either. but that's neither here nor there. ed reed IMO has a scant chance of making the HOF one day, even though he was a dominant force at safety. again, repeating, it's not the hall of very good. it's the hall of g*d damn fame.
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                          Personally I hope they voters don't go for some of these "good" backs and WR's and vote them in instead of really making it for the "elite".
                          Guys like Fred Taylor, Isaac Bruce, Jamal Lewis, possibly Edgerrin James(depends on how he ends his career), Plaxico Burress if he gets up.
                          A lot of these guys are really good players, but, they are not the elites that should be HoFers.
                          Talking about Zach Thomas, Randy Gradishar was way better than him.
                          As for Safeties, Darren Woodson and Steve Atwater should both be in before Lynch, but that probably won't happen.

And people here are making a big deal about 1,000 yards rushing. Now a days, that seems to be nothing. 16 RB's rushed for 1,000+ yards last year. Heck, a couple years ago I think that number was in the mid 20's.
                          Personally, the only RB that I would consider a HoFer that is still active, is LT because he screams "Elite" and most of the time, come up with some way to make a killer play in a game. Adrian Peterson sort of showed that, but no way will I say HoFer about a guy in his 2nd year.
                          And Edgerrin James, heck, I think he gets in, but I will say I don't think he really deserves it as much. The Colts kinda showed that he wasn't hugely responsible for the wins, and they won a championship after letting him go.
                          As much as I hate the Broncos you're right Atwater was a great player, so was Louie Wright. Its criminal that DBs get totally screwed while NYers like Harry Carson, and probably Curtis Martin, and stat king bum WRs Steve Largent, Charlie Joiner, Art Monk and QBs Warren Moon. Get in no problem. I think both the Woodson's. Darren and Rod should be in, of course if Darren had played for say Seattle, instead of Dallas he would struggle in this ultimate popularity contest.

Comment

Originally posted by DonWoods33 View Post
                            As much as I hate the Broncos you're right Atwater was a great player, so was Louie Wright. Its criminal that DBs get totally screwed while NYers like Harry Carson, and probably Curtis Martin, and stat king bum WRs Steve Largent, Charlie Joiner, Art Monk and QBs Warren Moon. Get in no problem. I think both the Woodson's. Darren and Rod should be in, of course if Darren had played for say Seattle, instead of Dallas he would struggle in this ultimate popularity contest.
                            I wouldn't say Harry Carson got in no problem. He waited a long long time. And hopefully Curtis Martin has to wait. He shouldn't get in right away. It really has nothing to do with playing in NY. Rod Woodson will be in first ballot, I don't think you have to worry about that. He just isn't eligible yet.

Comment

Elvis Dummervill and Amobi Okoye. Elvis could end up being a top 10 guy in sacks by the end of his career. Amobi is going to spend 10 years in the league before he's 30 ... so he could realistically play for the next 15 years I'm sure he is going to put up HOF numbers in 15 years as a DT.
                              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                                Elvis Dummervill and Amobi Okoye. Elvis could end up being a top 10 guy in sacks by the end of his career. Amobi is going to spend 10 years in the league before he's 30 ... so he could realistically play for the next 15 years I'm sure he is going to put up HOF numbers in 15 years as a DT.
                                Wow your really reaching there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information