Active Hall of Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Hall of Famers

We have now reached the point in the offseason where nothing substantial will happen until the draft. So, to liven the place up a bit, I ask you to name the active players you think will reach the HOF. Off the top of my head in no particular order.

QB
    Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning

RB
    Steven Jackson....I know he still has a long long ways to go
    Ladainian Tomlinson
    Larry Johnson....Again he must do a lot, and I worry about him getting too many carries
    I would say AP, but he has only played one year and the injury concern is still there for me

WR
    Torry Holt
    Isaac Bruce
    Randy Moss
    Terrell Owens
    Marvin Harrison

There are many others I feel have a decent shot, but there are issues like character (TO's #'s will be too amazing to deny him) and having to continue their success for years to come. These are guys I would put in this group in a rough order of what I think their chances of making it are:
    Chad Johnson
    Steve Smith
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Anquon Boldin
    Hines Ward......should probably make it because of his overall game, but stat sheets may hurt him
    Reggie Wayne
    Andre Johnson......an amazing talent, but his career could end up being wasted away with a terrible team if remains in Houston

OL
    Jonathon Ogden
    Walter Jones
    Larry Allen

Again many others that could make it, like Orlando Pace (must return to a top level without injuries for a few years) and Samuel from Washington. I am probably leaving some guys off this on accident.

DL
    Michael Strahan

LB
    Ray Lewis
    Brian Urlacher
    Shawn Merriman

DB
    Champ Bailey
    Ed Reed

There are a lot guys here that have a shot but I am not as confident about. I'm even a little hesitant on Reed.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Larry Johnson started too late he only has about 4-5 years left to put up hall of fame numbers

Edgerrin James should be on there

11607 Rushing Yards
    3260 Receiving Yards
    88 TD

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      Larry Johnson started too late he only has about 4-5 years left to put up hall of fame numbers

Edgerrin James should be on there

11607 Rushing Yards
      3260 Receiving Yards
      88 TD
      Yeah, I was thinking that LJ is a tad old too, I probably should have put him on the bubble.

I think Edgerrin James will be hurt because of his years in Arizona. What I mean by that is that those years are revealing that he is not nearly as good as what his stats in Indianapolis would indicate. Throughout his entire career in Indy he wasn't the guy the defense geared up to stop. That makes things a lot easier.

Comment

Larry Johnson is done. Herm rode the wheels off the bus, and LJ's never going to be the same.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
        The Destroyer Is Manifest!
        I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

I dont think LJs too old. But i think ben roethlisberger i a future hall of famer.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
          Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

heres one for oline: reuben brown.

how many umpteen million pro bowls did he make? sure he was awful last year but he was ancient. i think he has a good shot

Comment

and why walter jones but not pace? if i had the option of either i their prime i would go with pace and i believe pace has a ring while jones does not. that certainly helps

Comment

Derek Brooks, Ronde Barber?

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  and why walter jones but not pace? if i had the option of either i their prime i would go with pace and i believe pace has a ring while jones does not. that certainly helps
                  In their primes I would definitely take Pace. I am a Rams fan so you don't have to convince me of that. But if he continues to get injured I don't know if he will make it. If he can play a few more years with minimal injuries then I definitely think he is in.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                    Yeah, I was thinking that LJ is a tad old too, I probably should have put him on the bubble.

I think Edgerrin James will be hurt because of his years in Arizona. What I mean by that is that those years are revealing that he is not nearly as good as what his stats in Indianapolis would indicate. Throughout his entire career in Indy he wasn't the guy the defense geared up to stop. That makes things a lot easier.
                    He has had back to back 1200 yard years behind one of the worst run blocking lines in the league, don't see that hurting him any

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                      Derek Brooks, Ronde Barber?
                      Definitely great players. They'd be near the top of the list of guys that have a decent shot but I'm unsure of.

Comment

out of those two i would say brooks more than barber, but both should at least get their names on the ballot and jump in during a slow year.

speaking of former bucs, how bout john lynch? hes still busy making pro bowls and the occasional bone jarring tackle....i think he might have a real good shot

Comment

Alan Faneca

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                            LJ's never going to be the same.
                            I disagree but he won't be a HOF.

Gonzo will be.

Comment

Houston isn't a terrible team, they're up and coming. They just need a solid running game and a more playmaking defense and they'll be a very solid team.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information