Pacman Could Be Heading To Big D.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
    Does pacman have locker room problems though? He's just an idiot off the field. Risk/reward wise its definetly worth it.
    I guess I could just see it turning into a media circus, especially with the Cowboys being so widely covered by the national media. In the event that anything happened, inside or outside the lockerroom, the team would be bombarded with questions and prodded about it at no end. And no matter what, I think any situation like that negatively affects a team.

Comment

Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
      I'm not trying to start an arguement but what has he done to actually prove he's reformed? He represents everything that is wrong with professional athletes in this day and age to a level that he almost becomes a charicature of self-absorbed, punk athletes.
      He's done nothing per se (well, except doing nothing that is :P), I'm just saying that's probably what will happen. Ever since the first few incidents in 06 I knew his days as a Titan were numbered (evidently in the 100's) and that he'd probably mature and flourish with a new team. Some players need a stop or two to reach their potential. It would be fitting for the Titans to burn a top 10 pick on Jones, put up with his crap for 2 years, and then trade him off the instant he is actually ready to grow up and become a truely elite player.

Comment

I'm still a little skeptical that this even happens. I'll wait for it to happen before sticking up for the move.

Comment

Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
          I guess I could just see it turning into a media circus, especially with the Cowboys being so widely covered by the national media. In the event that anything happened, inside or outside the lockerroom, the team would be bombarded with questions and prodded about it at no end. And no matter what, I think any situation like that negatively affects a team.
          A media circus is what Jerry Jones seems to want though.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
            A media circus is what Jerry Jones seems to want though.
            That is very true. Touche my man.

Comment

Go for it Jerry. I don't see Pacman ever playing in the NFL again, so he's basically throwing away draft picks in my opinion if he does it.

Comment

That mid-late round draft pick wouldn't even make the Cowboys roster this year.

They have very few positions that rookies will actually have a chance at, but corner is one of them. The fact that they are in the 2nd worst cap position also means that the team is pretty much set where it's at right now.

As far as being a locker room cancer, I'm pretty sure everyone on the Titans defense said they loved Pacman and wanted him back. Much the same with Tank Johnson. It was their off the field troubles that were the problems.

As a Cowboys fan, I hope we bring him in. I've read that he is prepared to restructure his deal to be incentive based in order to keep any interested teams feeling good about him.

It's a very low risk, very high reward situation.
                Last edited by Burns336; 03-21-2008, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I have to admitt, this would really improve their team as far as talent. They were kindof lacking on Sp teams, when crayton is returning punts, im not saying he's horrible, you know something has to be changed.

I dont think dallas should do this, but i think they probably will, they can take a chance without really risking much. Its not like they'd be reliant on Pacman, they could kick him out at any time...

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    If they give up a 5th and IF Pacman comes back 40% mentally there its a frigging steal
                    If the Titans get any thing higher than a 6th for him, it's a steal for us IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                      Seems about right - Titans put up with all his BS and he flourishes elsewhere.
                      Hey you just about described every Cardinals player ever up until like 04'

Comment

this would be nasty. IMO pacman has learned his lesson obviously because of my sig. but when playing hes top 5 corners in the league and top 3 punt return man in the league. What ever team gets him is getting a steal.

Comment

dallas also has a good support system in place with calvin hill

good move

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                            this would be nasty. IMO pacman has learned his lesson obviously because of my sig. but when playing hes top 5 corners in the league and top 3 punt return man in the league. What ever team gets him is getting a steal.

That's all news to me.

Comment

I would be so happy if this happened. Bring back Pacman!

Comment

Well worth the risk in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information