Pacman Could Be Heading To Big D.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 20, 2008
    According to RotoTimes sources, Pacman Jones and the Cowboys have agreed to terms on a deal that would allow the talented defensive back/special teamer to play in Dallas this season. The Titans gave Jones and his agent permission to seek a trade, but at this point there are no definitive or confirmed terms to report. While Jones and the Cowboys may have agreed to compensation between the two parties, Jerry Jones and Tennessee have to reach an agreement as well. Stay tuned.
    http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player/5769/notes

Apparently, the trade would be for a conditional 2nd Day pick based on Pac's performance on the field, conduct off the field, and the condition of his reinstatement determines if the trade goes through.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

so what do you guys think it will cost?
      5th Round Pick or 6th Round Pick
      i just cant see anything earlyer then that

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
        so what do you guys think it will cost?
        5th Round Pick or 6th Round Pick
        i just cant see anything earlyer then that
        5th that can become a 4th (maybe 3rd?) if everything goes perfect sounds about right.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

if this happens dallas is on the good end, they have nothing to lose. They draft a cb and pick up a elite cb its a win win situation

Comment

This is a move ive been hoping for since its happened, I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a problem child/thug/cancer and it actually blew up in their face and destroyed team chemistry, can anyone else? Not to say Pacman doesnt have his problems but the upside you cant overlook, its a mid/late rd pick and his deal has already been talked about which would be incentive based just like the Tank Johnson deal, if he gets arrested in week 2 we didnt lose any money or a high pick.

The plus side is he would instantly become our punt returner which we need, and he doesnt have to get thrown into the starting lineup, he can be a nickel guy behind Henry and Newman until he's back into football shape or playing at a high level...Mix in the fact that corner is our weakest position on the team and we only have 2 guys there, we could use a young talented guy like him...I dont think it stops us from drafting a corner in the 1st rd honestly, Pacman isnt enough to make you forget about drafting someone especially with Henry's situation no telling how many more years he plays.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              This is a move ive been hoping for since its happened, I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a problem child/thug/cancer and it actually blew up in their face and destroyed team chemistry, can anyone else? Not to say Pacman doesnt have his problems but the upside you cant overlook, its a mid/late rd pick and his deal has already been talked about which would be incentive based just like the Tank Johnson deal, if he gets arrested in week 2 we didnt lose any money or a high pick.

The plus side is he would instantly become our punt returner which we need, and he doesnt have to get thrown into the starting lineup, he can be a nickel guy behind Henry and Newman until he's back into football shape or playing at a high level...Mix in the fact that corner is our weakest position on the team and we only have 2 guys there, we could use a young talented guy like him...I dont think it stops us from drafting a corner in the 1st rd honestly, Pacman isnt enough to make you forget about drafting someone especially with Henry's situation no telling how many more years he plays.
              Quincy Carter/Antonio Bryant come to mind.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Werent those guys drafted? Im talking about bringing in a guy thats already a cancer, not drafting one and them turning into one.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

They didn't arrive through FA.

I'm still waiting for official word before I set off the fireworks. BUT I am DAMN EXCITED about the news!!!!

Comment

You said signed, you do sign your draft picks. It's the same thing...they go through all the same processes. Their problems were known before they got here.

I'm okay w/ this as long as we still draft a 1st/2nd round CB...depending upon if we move up for D-Mac or not. I dont have any faith in him staying behave. We'd obviously need a capable player that can step right in, at any time. The higher the pick, the better. You gotta love his talent but, the man is a punk. T.O./Tank are one thing...this is an entirely different beast.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-21-2008, 05:49 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

You said signed, you do sign your draft picks. It's the same thing...they go through all the same processes. Their problems were known before they got here.
                      They knew Quincy was a crack head? Wow. I didn't know they knew that when they drafted him.

Comment

Yeah, but now you know where LL was coming from. He meant sign as in FA. So your response is not related to his point.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Yeah, but now you know where LL was coming from. He meant sign as in FA. So your response is not related to his point.
                          Yeah, I knew where he was coming from but, it is relative. They do go through all the same processes, and Quincy was known to be immature and he did have a drug record that was known. He was put in the rehabilitation program in his rookie season. I'm just saying, we've made bad judgements before. Pacman may never learn. I'm obviously a little worried here and I think I have a good reason to be.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-21-2008, 06:07 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Titans should see how much they can get for him if not much keep him, maybe see how he plays in the 1st 5 weeks of the season then trade him his stock should go up if he plays good, if he doesnt trade him

Comment

Yeah, I knew where he was coming from but, it is relative. They do go through all the same processes, and Quincy was known to be immature and he did have a drug record that was known. He was put in the rehabilitation program in his rookie season. I'm just saying, we've made bad judgements before. Pacman may never learn. I'm obviously a little worried here and I think I have a good reason to be.
                              Quincy and Bryant never became real problems... outside of them not being very good players. They had problems, but they never caused any significant detriment to the team... like something that brought the rest of the team down. Seriously... if there is one thing you should have learned, it should be that Jerry doesn't let players who become a distraction to the team stick around.

Comment

Right now, it seems Dallas and Detroit are the only serious teams who are attempting to trade for Jones.

Dallas may be in the best position to make the best offer. A 4th RD pick in the Draft would have trouble making the 'Boys' roster, where a talent like PacMan could and would be a good value. I'd accept a 4th RD pick as a Titans fan who's tired of dealing with Pac, but I wouldn't be opposed to a conditional shift to a 3rd RD pick pending Pac's production and behavior. A game-changing Punt Returner alone is worth a 3rd RD pick, let alone him being a great Corner. Of course, if it's a conditional pick, it will be in the '09 Draft and not this year's. And if we're talking about trading for picks in a Draft that is two Drafts away, that original '09 4th RD pick has the value of a '08 5th RD pick.

Detroit apparently wants PacMan, but I don't think they could win a bidding war with Jerry Jones; especially to win a damaged good like Pac. The only way I see Detroit landing PacMan is if they traded us their 1st RD pick at #15 for our #24, PacMan, and probably a 3rd RD pick, but I dunno the values off the top of my head so don't flame me. A dream scenario for Titans fans is if Detroit offers Roy Williams in exchange for our 2nd RD pick and PacMan. But I doubt that happens.

I'd prefer a trade with Dallas along the line of this:

Dallas receives: Pick #54 (Titans), Adam "PacMan" Jones (Titans)
                                Titans receive: Pick #61 (Dallas), Pick #92 (Dallas)

Essentially, the Titans trade their 2nd RDer and PacMan for Dallas' 2nd and 3rd RDers. The combined value of Dallas' picks amount to 424. The Titans' 2nd RD pick's value amounts to 360, which means in order for the trade to be fair, PacMan's value equals 64. That's equivelant to the 115th pick in the Draft, which is in the middle of the 4th RD. It's fair and it works for both teams, in my opinion. PacMan has "Draft Day Trade" written all over him.
                                Last edited by TitanHope; 03-21-2008, 08:28 AM.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information