Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacman Could Be Heading To Big D.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
    I don't see what the big risk is. If Pacman doesn't get reinstated or gets into trouble again and suspended all the Cowboys lose is a 2nd day draft choice. Given his talent and the fact that he proven he can play at a very high level its not a bad investment. You could draft a 1st round corner, but its maybe 50/50 he'll be a bust, even if he is a good one he won't be at pacmans level and he won't be at his best for atlaset a season.

    Pacman is a thug and a big liability to get suspended again, but he's not a cancer. He's not going to tear the team apart and the Cowboys won't get bogged down cause of the media attention. They got TO who was actually a locker room problem and things were fine. Their used to getting alot of scrutiny and attention already.
    See TitanHope's post above. He is a problem in the lockerroom.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      but you can easily draft a CB, and move Newman in the slot against those type of WRs against 3 WR sets. thats almost as effective with half the drama.

      granted, Pacman is an amazing talent and can be a potential steal, but the media circus that will come with him can hinder a team's focus. look at TO, his first year in Dallas was a circus, Pacman will bring the same drama with him.

      theres also a saying, too many chiefs, not enough indians. The Cowboys would be flirting dangerously with that saying if they make this move. if you play with fire long enough, you'll eventually get burned.

      i don't think this move needs to be done, considering youre almost there as is, and with a solid draft and drafting a CB, you can address the biggest problem on your team with none of the drama.

      And yes, I realize that Henry is getting up in age and Newman's contract is up soon, so having 2 CBs is great leverage, but you don't need to worry about that so soon. Even if you wanted, you can draft 2 CBs either with both 1sts, or 1 1st and a 2nd.

      Its an awfully risky move. If I were the Cowboys, Id stay away, but if it does work out and you do make this move, then you can say Jerry has gorilla sized balls, bc this move is ballsy.
      Yea but we always hear that, everytime Jerry signs a guy like this we hear how bad it could end up and its better to stay away, but traditionally Jerry has gone after guys he wanted and its worked out...Worst case scenario is he gets arrested and cut, I dont really see how thats holding the team back, he wont have alot of money tied into his contract and were probably going to draft a corner in round 1 either way.

      The Pats have been doing this lately too and signing problem childs and taking risk and its worked for them so far, obviously Pacman's past doesnt scare them away because they are interested, if we dont sign him someone else will, and seeing as how we need a db badly and he openly said he wants to play here its a no brainer...Ive already posed the question, and I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a FA and it the team imploded because of it, or the team fell apart, people always talk about it, but were still waiting for TO to implode and ruin our team chemistry(after all, consensus was thats what was happening when he came here, it was inevitable, and he was bound to tear the team chemistry up).





      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
        See TitanHope's post above. He is a problem in the lockerroom.
        I don't know about that. That AH and KB stuff was after they both put their 2 cents in on Pacman's rookie contract holdout, which IMO they had no business doing. Bulluck was mature enough to back down and put it behind him and move on becoming almost a big brother figure for Adam, Albert apparently wasn't mature enough and clearly doesn't like Adam.

        I don't agree he is a lockroom concern. The problem in 05 was Fisher created a division because he gave preferable treatment to Jones - a lot of other players on the team would have been disciplined where Jones wasn't. It was a problem for the Titans in general before Jones came too - Fisher had fallen into a rut of minimal competition for starting roles and clear biases for some players (*cough* Peter Sirmon *cough*). It's amazing how many Titans veterans went from being a starter one season, to not even an NFL player the next (and it wasn't due to voluntary retirement) when Fisher finally started cleaning up his act and introduced real starter competitions.

        Now, that basically means Jones' off-field antics can be a lockerroom issue, yes, but Fisher was partly to blame and at this point in his career, any more such antics and he won't be part of a lockerroom anyway because he'll be banned for life, so I don't think he's a concern. I think in 06 when it seemed like he put all that behind him you'll find he was a well liked and popular on the team, and somewhat a leader of the defense on the field. Obviously we can't know for sure how the players perceived him but it wasn't like he was making remarks after losses or fighting with teammates on the sidelines or anything, his issues were exclusively off the field (and mostly in offseasons).
        Last edited by OzTitan; 03-24-2008, 01:47 AM.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
          I don't know about that. That AH and KB stuff was after they both put their 2 cents in on Pacman's rookie contract holdout, which IMO they had no business doing. Bulluck was mature enough to back down and put it behind him and move on becoming almost a big brother figure for Adam, Albert apparently wasn't mature enough and clearly doesn't like Adam.

          I don't agree he is a lockroom concern. The problem in 05 was Fisher created a division because he gave preferable treatment to Jones - a lot of other players on the team would have been disciplined where Jones wasn't. It was a problem for the Titans in general before Jones came too - Fisher had fallen into a rut of minimal competition for starting roles and clear biases for some players (*cough* Peter Sirmon *cough*). It's amazing how many Titans veterans went from being a starter one season, to not even an NFL player the next (and it wasn't due to voluntary retirement) when Fisher finally started cleaning up his act and introduced real starter competitions.

          Now, that basically means Jones' off-field antics can be a lockerroom issue, yes, but Fisher was partly to blame and at this point in his career, any more such antics and he won't be part of a lockerroom anyway because he'll be banned for life, so I don't think he's a concern. I think in 06 when it seemed like he put all that behind him you'll find he was a well liked and popular on the team, and somewhat a leader of the defense on the field. Obviously we can't know for sure how the players perceived him but it wasn't like he was making remarks after losses or fighting with teammates on the sidelines or anything, his issues were exclusively off the field (and mostly in offseasons).
          So you didn't hear about AH and Pacman's off-field skirmish this past season?

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            Yea but we always hear that, everytime Jerry signs a guy like this we hear how bad it could end up and its better to stay away, but traditionally Jerry has gone after guys he wanted and its worked out...Worst case scenario is he gets arrested and cut, I dont really see how thats holding the team back, he wont have alot of money tied into his contract and were probably going to draft a corner in round 1 either way.

            The Pats have been doing this lately too and signing problem childs and taking risk and its worked for them so far, obviously Pacman's past doesnt scare them away because they are interested, if we dont sign him someone else will, and seeing as how we need a db badly and he openly said he wants to play here its a no brainer...Ive already posed the question, and I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a FA and it the team imploded because of it, or the team fell apart, people always talk about it, but were still waiting for TO to implode and ruin our team chemistry(after all, consensus was thats what was happening when he came here, it was inevitable, and he was bound to tear the team chemistry up).
            That is very true. I think this is similar to the Hall to Giants thing. Its great if it works, but theres this thing in the back of your mind that just scares you a little. Its hard to explain. I know for myself personally, while i loved Hall's talents, I was somewhat relieved we didn't get him. Having a unified strong locker room is so important. I didn't realize how important it was until this season when i saw the Giants transform. Its one of those things you can't measure with stats but shows up in the win/loss column.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
              So you didn't hear about AH and Pacman's off-field skirmish this past season?
              Yes, but AH is hardly a measure of his stance with the whole team, and we don't know what really happened in that incident. Presumed blame goes to Jones as it always does, doesn't mean that's how it went down though.

              As I said, AH put his 2 cents in on Pacman's rookie hold out like Bulluck did and never put it behind him. Pacman retaliated to both by saying stuff like "they just don't know what it's like to be drafted early". Keith was mature enough to let it go once he did become a member of the team, and AH was clearly not. Out of all teammates AH is the only one I know who had any visible dislike for Jones really, and it's not very surprising since he basically was Jones himself when he came into the league without the strip club addiction.

              Comment


              • #82
                http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...9dfc7.html?npc

                Pacman comes to town to talk on the michael irvin show on espn-fm to talk to the public


                Comment


                • #83
                  Congrats Dallas, you're going to have a crackhead mentor Pacman Jones. That's gonna turn out solid. :)

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                    Congrats Dallas, you're going to have a crackhead mentor Pacman Jones. That's gonna turn out solid. :)
                    Hey, that crackhead played some damn good football.

                    BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      The Cowboys have offered a seventh round pick and an unnamed player for Jones.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        The Cowboys have offered a seventh round pick and an unnamed player for Jones.
                        I hope it's not someone valuable.

                        BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I've gone on record that I hate Pac-man, but if he's reinstated that's an absolute steal for the Cowboys.

                          The real question is if they would offer him an extension. I believe his contract is over after this season, so do you give him some money to keep him under contract longterm, or do you give him a one year audition and run the chance that he will increase his stock exponentially?

                          It's probably a moot point anyway, as he'll shoot a stripper the first week he gets back.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Wouldnt be surprise to see this go down then they make a draft day trade to get McFadden.

                            If the Cowboys get PacMan it makes it more likely they will go after McFadden.
                            Derrick Morgan > All

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              The Cowboys simply don't have the ammo to get McFadden, unless he drops past the Jets that is.


                              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                I wonder what player they're offering with the pic. Fasano? Glenn? A LB?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information