Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lofa Tatupu signs a 6 year extension

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3305560

6 years-40 million-16 million in guarantees.

Clayton (for those that don't want to read it), said that he "knew he could have demanded more money", which I don't agree with at all. It's a fine deal for the Seahawks, but he still had 2 full years left on his rookie contract, and is now making more than Lance Briggs (6 years-36 million), who was on the open market. Linebackers that don't get sacks aren't worth as much in today's market.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

if i was a ruthless GM with no loyalty, i wouldn't resign a MIKE after his rookie contract unless he had Urlacher/Willis like physical ability.

Instinctual smart 4-3 MIKEs are dime a dozen really. I rather get one in the 2nd round than extend one for a lot more.

Easier said then done of course.

Comment

Great, this means Al Davis will sign Kirk Morrison to an 8 year, 64 million dollar contract with 25 guaranteed. Thanks a lot Seattle.

Comment

In light of recent contracts for players like Javon Walker, Tommy Kelly, Damien Woody, etc. that were all way overpaid how can people actually complain about a team retaining it's own pro bowl player at a reasonable contract? It's rediculous IMO.

Comment

Who is complaining about it? And it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            Great, this means Al Davis will sign Kirk Morrison to an 8 year, 64 million dollar contract with 25 guaranteed. Thanks a lot Seattle.
            And Thomas Howard is a free agent in the same offseason.

I'm sure i'm not the only one praying for a solution to the salary cap so teams like the Raiders are screwed when the salary cap is still there in a couple of years.

But not sure why this means Morrison would get that much when Lofa Tatupu is the better player.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Who is complaining about it? And it's ridiculous.
              Complaining, disagreeing, however you want to put it. People are trying to say this is a bad contract when it pales in comparison to the contracts lesser players have signed with other teams.

Comment

wow thank god we got Nick Barnett locked up last year. I wonder how much it will take to resign AJ Hawk now, oh no.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  wow thank god we got Nick Barnett locked up last year. I wonder how much it will take to resign AJ Hawk now, oh no.
                  Didn't AJ sign a 5 or 6 year deal two years ago?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                    Complaining, disagreeing, however you want to put it. People are trying to say this is a bad contract when it pales in comparison to the contracts lesser players have signed with other teams.
                    I don't think it's a bad contract, I just disagree with Clayton that he could have gotten more. He signed it with two full years left on his original deal, and is still making more than Lance Briggs (who is at worst his equal). It's a fine deal, but in comparing him to someone like Julian Peterson, Peterson is a more valuable player, and was a free agent. It's just sad that Clayton wouldn't take any of that into account.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                      Didn't AJ sign a 5 or 6 year deal two years ago?
                      yeah and with contracts going up, I am getting worried about the day we have to extend it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3305560

6 years-40 million-16 million in guarantees.

Clayton (for those that don't want to read it), said that he "knew he could have demanded more money", which I don't agree with at all. It's a fine deal for the Seahawks, but he still had 2 full years left on his rookie contract, and is now making more than Lance Briggs (6 years-36 million), who was on the open market. Linebackers that don't get sacks aren't worth as much in today's market.
                        Great signing for the seachickens. And I do think that he could have signed for more. I have to disagree that LB's who don't get sacks aren't worth that much, because he is a MLB in the 4-3 and he can make plays in other areas. He's not really utilized as a blitzer bc he has other responsibilities and they have players who already fit that role, so to say that he doesn't get sacks, doesn't mean that he couldn't if they used him more in that role. But the seahawks already have Peterson, Tapp Kearney and Rocky Bernard to rush the passer.

Tatupu averaged 115 tackles, nearly 10 pd's, 2 sacks a year, to go along with 5 ff's and 8 ints in the last 3 years. Those are a lot of game changing plays. I'll take his turn over and pass defensed numbers in the last 3 years over a high sack total any day.

Comment

They aren't financially worth much, I'm not talking about on the field value. The #'s back that up. Calvin Pace got more money this year than Lance Briggs, why do you think that is?

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                            I'm sure i'm not the only one praying for a solution to the salary cap so teams like the Raiders are screwed when the salary cap is still there in a couple of years.
                            I honestly think that Al Davis thinks he'll be dead before the cap hit cripples the Raiders, and ergo wants to go out with the team on top.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                            The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                            I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                              I honestly think that Al Davis thinks he'll be dead before the cap hit cripples the Raiders, and ergo wants to go out with the team on top.
                              Unfortunately for them they are still not the best team in the division much less the NFL. San Diego has actually been able to draft their talent and therefore is paying less for players that are better.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information