Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Smoot Cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fred Smoot Cut

    SMOOT DONE IN MINNY

    Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Vikings will be cutting cornerback Fred Smoot.

    Smoot was the crown jewel of the team's free-agent class in 2005. But his role in the Love Boat fiasco fueled his demise in Minny, and his inability to convert successfully Tampa Two defense caused him to slip behind Cedric Griffin, a third-round pick in 2006.

    Because Smoot received a large roster bonus when he was signed, there will be no cap hit. He was scheduled to earn a base salary of $2.7 million in 2007.


    As predicted by many. Opens the door for Leon Hall to be the pick if the DEs are gone.

    Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

  • #2
    How did he hold up in man coverage in Minny? Im wondering if the Giants should pick him up. He did quite well in a blitz heavy man coverage scheme in Washington. We're running that now, maybe he would be worth a peek.

    Comment


    • #3
      Not really surprising. He is just not as good as he used to be.

      Comment


      • #4
        His skills have heavily diminished over the years. I wouldn't touch the first mate on the sex boat.

        Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

        Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh, Smooty.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

          Comment


          • #6
            Who? .
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

            Comment


            • #7
              I wouldn't mind him coming to Green Bay as long as he gets paid as a 3rd corner


              Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

              Comment


              • #8



                Ah yeah...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Smoots man coverage skills were about as bad as his zone coverage skills. Smoot will be remembered by many Vikings fans the show Steve Smith put 2 years ago in Carolina as Smoot attempted to cover him in man.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i would like to see him join the bucs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hmm... A Redskin again?

                      Sig By:The Dynasty

                      2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MNRunLeft View Post
                        Smoots man coverage skills were about as bad as his zone coverage skills. Smoot will be remembered by many Vikings fans the show Steve Smith put 2 years ago in Carolina as Smoot attempted to cover him in man.
                        First off, how many corners wouldn't suffer the same fate trying to play man against Steve Smith in a MVP-like year? Precious few, I think.

                        Secondly, Smooty didn't help his cause by talking trash to Smith. His talk warranted a beatdown.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          I wouldn't mind him coming to Green Bay as long as he gets paid as a 3rd corner
                          I want no part of him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            he's coming back to the skins the same way trotter went back to the eagles.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                              SMOOT DONE IN MINNY

                              Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Vikings will be cutting cornerback Fred Smoot.

                              Smoot was the crown jewel of the team's free-agent class in 2005. But his role in the Love Boat fiasco fueled his demise in Minny, and his inability to convert successfully Tampa Two defense caused him to slip behind Cedric Griffin, a third-round pick in 2006.

                              Because Smoot received a large roster bonus when he was signed, there will be no cap hit. He was scheduled to earn a base salary of $2.7 million in 2007.


                              As predicted by many. Opens the door for Leon Hall to be the pick if the DEs are gone.
                              Cedric came as our first second round pick, and Leon Hall at 7??? Apart from that, not sad to see him go, Griffin was born to play as a cover 2 corner and showed nothing less last year.
                              What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                              It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information