No Fun League: Haircut time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damix View Post

Again, no one says they have to cut it. Reading is tough isn't it?
    I could really care either way if they put this rule in place or not. I think its pretty lame but again I dont care. It says you either need to get a haircut or figure out how to stuff all your hair in your helmet... I dont have dreads so I dont know but I cant imagine some players being able to do that with alot of really long hair so whats the other option....... your forced to cut your hair or I guess you dont play. They dont say it but again thats what it basically boils down to.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

as a protest Punter Scott Player has decided to start growing out his own dreadlocks

Comment

Samoan players would be VERY PO'd I would assume. It's a part of their culture, no chance they'd cut it... Just have the hassle of hiding it.

Either way I don't see the point in it, if anything it makes the players stick out more. I always know where those guys are...

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
          How about we don't make players wear helmets too? Nothing more individual then the player's face.

It is a matter of safety.
          It's a matter of safety? Really? Could you please link me to the cases where long hair has resulted in an injury. Thanks.

Comment

Dumb rule but should cut their hair that only blocks the name on your back, you could always fix it up with pony tail, or something like that. I think the safety thing is if someone like T.P. is running and the only thing you can grab him by is his hair its fair, its part of the uni. He runs full speed you grab at his hair like a hard jerk at it, either
            A) you end up with hand full of hair
            B) You see his head jerk back and his legs go up in the air and him land on his back

Anyways kind of dumb rule kind of yeah maybe could be a problem.
            Last edited by brat316; 03-24-2008, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Troy hair is a bit long thou, but it is some people heritage so they should bame it

Comment

didnt the nfl rule a few years ago the hair is part of the jersey? wouldnt that be reversing that rule?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Pig Tails?

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                    The NFL is a business...and an employer has a right to make it's employees abide by a dress code...hell, the NBA makes it's players wear suits and ties...why can't the NFL not allow long hair and such...

if the players don't like they shouldn't play PROFESSIONAL football....
                    couldn't agree more...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                      It's a matter of safety? Really? Could you please link me to the cases where long hair has resulted in an injury. Thanks.
                      You seem really passionate about this. You should write a nice long letter and mail it to nobody give's a **** land.

People are going to watch the game regardless. It changes nothing. Who cares?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        You seem really passionate about this. You should write a nice long letter and mail it to nobody give's a **** land.

People are going to watch the game regardless. It changes nothing. Who cares?
                        Wow...Is it that time of the month again for you? I call someone out about saying it might be done because of safety and you get PMS. Take a deep breath and calm down.

Comment

I used to have seriously long hair....almost to my waist. My job at the time prohibited long hair, but hats were allowed. So I'd put it in a ponytail and either tucked it inside a baseball cap or tuck it down the back of my shirt, and it was completely unnoticeable.

In terms of the daily B.S. players have to deal with day-to-day, something like this is waaaaay down on the scale.....right next to the rule about keeping the socks pulled up. Stupid, but trivial. If they have to tuck their hair in, then so be it.

This is such a non-issue.

Comment

I wouldn't really agree with this, but if it was passed, I don't think it would detract from the game enough to bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                              long hair under helmet=helmet not fitting properly.

When a helmet doesnt fit properly, concussions are had alot easier.

See Amani Toomer.

If you come back with "Well Troy P. and Mathis have long hair and they don't get concussions"- compare the impact of a WR getting hit and how often to a DB
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                                long hair under helmet=helmet not fitting properly.

When a helmet doesnt fit properly, concussions are had alot easier.

See Amani Toomer.

If you come back with "Well Troy P. and Mathis have long hair and they don't get concussions"- compare the impact of a WR getting hit and how often to a DB
                                This is false cause my helmet fits just fine and my hair is pretty long.
                                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information