No Fun League: Haircut time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
    This is false cause my helmet fits just fine and my hair is pretty long.
    I'm glad to know you play in the NFL, and have extremly long hair that you could be tackled by or have dredlocks that prevent you're helmet from fitting properly.

AJ Hawk also has long hair, but I'm willing to bet his hair fits in his helmet a wee better than Amani Toomer's did.
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      I'm glad to know you play in the NFL, and have extremly long hair that you could be tackled by or have dredlocks that prevent you're helmet from fitting properly.

AJ Hawk also has long hair, but I'm willing to bet his hair fits in his helmet a wee better than Amani Toomer's did.
      Well my dreads come a little past my shoulders so that is pretty damn long and it doesnt effect the way my helmet fits at all. It is also pretty much understood that if you have long hair it is gonna get pulled once in a while but my hair has never been a problem.

Also if you have long hair playing with it down is a choice because you can either tuck it or atleast put it up some.

So basically the only thing you have proven to me is something i already knew, and that is Amani Toomer is soft.
      Last edited by 21ST; 03-24-2008, 07:39 AM.
      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

FWIW, I can't imagine anybody with long hair would try tucking it up inside their helmet like a turban; they would almost certainly braid it and let the ponytail hang down their back, inside the shoulder pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
          Wow...Is it that time of the month again for you? I call someone out about saying it might be done because of safety and you get PMS. Take a deep breath and calm down.
          I'm calm, I just think it's silly that people care one way or the other. It's not going to change anything at all, unless you're a big fan of hair. In which case, America's Next Top Model is probably more up your alley.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            what the hell are you even arguing? that long hair might, occasionally and given nearly perfect circumstances, make one more prone to a concussion? that's utterly inane. it's not like a player is going to be given a helmet that's three sizes too big because he has some extra hair. and it's not like there isn't room on the inside of a perfectly fitting helmet to tuck said hair.

but hey, you're apparently the expert on when long hair might like, totally maybe be bad in a few cases. wouldn't want to suggest you apply logic or anything.
            Scottyboy is always right njx, even when he's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Scottyboy is always right njx, even when he's wrong.
              see bf51 knows what he's talking about.

I'm just saying, long hair can make a helmet not fit properly. When a helmet doesn't fit properly, it's easier to get a concussion. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but still.

I dont care either way for this rule, if it happens, fine, if not, status quo is fine as well.
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

they should just scalp every player in the NFL, fix this problem once and for all.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

The only part that bothers me is the Samoan players... It's part of their culture, I think it would be wrong to make them cut it no matter how ridiculous it looks.

Comment

NO ONE IS GOING TO BE FORCED TO CUT THEIR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

jesus ****ing christ, for the sanity of everyone on the board, either quote ONCE where cutting one's hair was required or stop bloody repeating it. you people are making everyone on this board dumber.
                      Nice sig bastard, you totally left out the part of the 200 million dollars...which makes it okay.

Comment

The big thing here is that the hair thing takes away from the individuality of some players (polamalu, bigby, mathis etc). Whoever said that it's a safety issue is a supreme douche. The players know that having long hair might give them a bigger chance of getting concussions, they're okay with that. They don't need a bunch of old white dude's (I'm guessing) saying what's safe and what isn't.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                          Nice sig bastard, you totally left out the part of the 200 million dollars...which makes it okay.
                          I'm curious as to how 200 million dollars was the settled upon number. Nevermind, no I'm not.

Comment

Yes, because if their hair is blocking their name it WOULD BE HARD TO TELL WHO THEY ARE!!!!

Comment

what the hell are you even arguing? that long hair might, occasionally and given nearly perfect circumstances, make one more prone to a concussion? that's utterly inane. it's not like a player is going to be given a helmet that's three sizes too big because he has some extra hair. and it's not like there isn't room on the inside of a perfectly fitting helmet to tuck said hair.

but hey, you're apparently the expert on when long hair might like, totally maybe be bad in a few cases. wouldn't want to suggest you apply logic or anything.
                              no he's just saying that in that certain situation long hair led to concussions..
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

They're about to discuss this on PTI, for anybody who is watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information