No announcement yet.

Overlooked Units in NFL History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like some of the selections, a lot of units ive overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      I didn't know the exact year they all made it. But all those guys use to get in, just not all in the same year.
      i think it WAS in the same year ... there is a picture of trading cards on google , showing all of them in a NFC-Jersey.

Comment

The Chiefs defenses under Marty Schottenheimer were SuperBowl championship caliber.Sadly the offense was toilet bowl caliber

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
          The Chiefs defenses under Marty Schottenheimer were SuperBowl championship caliber.Sadly the offense was toilet bowl caliber
          Not quite yet. But I feel like in a few years we will be overlooking the Chiefs offensive line of only a few years ago.

Comment

Everyone knows about the glory years of the Steel Curtain, but you rarely hear people talk about this:

In 1976, the Steelers got off to a rocky 1-4 start before putting on what may be the most dominant defensive performance in NFL history.

Over the next nine weeks, they held opponents to a combined total of only 28 points, and allowed more than 6 points only once. (Yep....0 TD's allowed in 8 of the 9 weeks.) They pitched shutouts in five of those games, including three in a row at one point, and closed the season with consecutive shutouts.

Pretty gaudy.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?te...seasonType=REG

This was almost certainly the greatest defensive effort of all time; unfortunately, they ended up losing the AFC Championship to Oakland, and their incredible accomplishments that year have now been largely forgotten.

Comment

I think the defensive line of the 70s/ early 80s Cowboys is kinda overlooked and underrated. There's two in the hall but Bob Lilly played mostly in the 60s and Randy White mostly in the 80s. Harvey Martin had 20 sacks one year but of course it wasnt an official stat until '82. Unfortunately since they lost those two super bowls to Pittsburgh guys like Harvey Martin and Ed Jones don't quite get the regognition they probably deserve.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information