Is thompson the best GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is thompson the best GM

Not on drafts. Reese blew up the draft and Giants won title. More of a comeback award.

Packers' Thompson named top NFL GM
    3/25/2008 9:53 am

Ted Thompson of the Green Bay Packers was selected the general manager of the year in a poll of fellow GMs and other NFL executives conducted by The Sporting News.

Thompson received 19 votes, beating out Giants' general manager Jerry Reese, who received nine. Ten other NFL executives received at least one vote.

In his third season at the helm, Thompson oversaw a team that went 13-3, winning the NFC North Division and advancing to the league championship game.

"Ted understands every aspect of how an organization works. That's why he was able to put together a winning team so quickly," Packers former general manager Ron Wolf said.
    Eli rules!

Two Words: Bruce Allen. should die a slow and painful death

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by luee View Post
      Not on drafts. Reese blew up the draft and Giants won title. More of a comeback award.

Packers' Thompson named top NFL GM
      3/25/2008 9:53 am

Ted Thompson of the Green Bay Packers was selected the general manager of the year in a poll of fellow GMs and other NFL executives conducted by The Sporting News.

Thompson received 19 votes, beating out Giants' general manager Jerry Reese, who received nine. Ten other NFL executives received at least one vote.

In his third season at the helm, Thompson oversaw a team that went 13-3, winning the NFC North Division and advancing to the league championship game.

"Ted understands every aspect of how an organization works. That's why he was able to put together a winning team so quickly," Packers former general manager Ron Wolf said.
      If he's not the best in drafting, then why did he win? He doesn't spend on free agents. Ted has drafted successfully in every year he has been here, finding gems. Yes, I know that the Giants rookies played a part in their SB win, but I think Eli, Strahan, Osi, Plax, etc. were the main reason they won. Those were all players Reese had nothing to do with. Ted built his team from scratch and led them to the NFC championship in three years. He is definitely the best GM.

Comment

yeah, TT had a couple good FA siginings (Woodson, Pickett)
        Thats about it. Drafting has been almost picture perfect
        Draftees who have started:
        Hawk
        Jennings
        Jones
        Colledge
        Spitz
        Collins
        Moll
        Hodge
        Jackson
        Wynn
        Jolly
        Cole

And he traded for Grant
        Picked up Bigby and Donald Lee i believe
        Found Ruvell Martin and got Koren Robinson back in the league and out of jail

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

One words: CarlPetersonSUCKS
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

well, this was Reese's first year being fully in charge. The Packers probably had the bigger turn-around season as well.

But Reese and the Giants easily had the best draft considering the output last year from rookies
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              One words: CarlPetersonSUCKS
              he pointed at my uncle

Comment

I see no problmes with Thompson winning this year. If Reese has another good draft, then he should be the top pic. I think Polian has won at least three times himself.

Comment

Is he the best GM? No. That's Bill Polian. Ted Thompson didn't draft Favre, and unless Rodgers turns into Favre, he can never put that notch on his belt.

But did he deserve the award this year? Yeah I think that's fair. This year's Giants team had Acorsi's fingerprints all over it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Bill Polian. Simply amazing at retaining his top players, making no names look good, and drafting for success.

But he has won before, so that is the reason he did not win I guess.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

AJ SMith gotta be up there.

Comment

No love for Millen?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Ted Thompson is getting there. He's probably been the 2nd best drafter since he started, after Bill Polian.
                          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                            Ted Thompson is getting there. He's probably been the 2nd best drafter since he started, after Bill Polian.
                            That's far too small of a sample size. Not to mention that Thompson was more often than not picking in the top half of the draft. It's easier to have good drafts when you have bad teams, and Favre.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

what, I thought Favre was washed up?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information