No announcement yet.

Is thompson the best GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Pioli/Bill Belichick and Bill Polian get my vote. However, Jerry Reese will skyrocket if he keeps drafting like he did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      James Jones was our third WR and played great. Jackson got better at the end of the year. Rouse looked impressive in his 1 start, but got hurt. Hall started at FB. Wynn had a big run against the Giants to seal the win. And was tearing up the bears before he got hurt. As for FA's, we all know what Grant did. And Kuhn shared time with Hall. Williams was a KR and i believe he eventually became the Nickel back
      Yeah your players did come on towards the end. It should be noted that Reese also had 2 jobs this past year. He still had his old job or director of scouting or something AND GM. He didn't get time to interview and hire someone so he did his old job AND his new GM job. Now he hired Marc Ross as the new guy for his old job. But what makes Reese's success his first year even better in our eyes is that he had two job responsibilties last year.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBone View Post
        "The last time the Browns played the Lions, the Lions won. "

The last time that happened the Browns also sucked and I wouldnt have even chimed in on this thread.

And why is everyone throwing out the fact that we didnt make the playoffs? If the Colts didnt give up on their season to rest like half the NFL the Browns would have been in. Its a joke that the season last 16 games, but the NFL cant even get them to show up for all 16.
        Your argument is that the Packers wouldn't have had as good of season if they weren't in the NFC North. The Pack also went 3-1 against the NFC East which most consider the toughest division in football. Maybe the Browns wouldn't have been 10-6 if Cincy and Baltimore didn't fall apart. I'd love to play Baltimore and Cincy next year instead of Minnesota and Chicago. Its the NFL, every game and every division is tough.

The Colts had every reason to rest their starters they had nothing to gain from playing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
          Your argument is that the Packers wouldn't have had as good of season if they weren't in the NFC North. The Pack also went 3-1 against the NFC East which most consider the toughest division in football. Maybe the Browns wouldn't have been 10-6 if Cincy and Baltimore didn't fall apart. I'd love to play Baltimore and Cincy next year instead of Minnesota and Chicago. Its the NFL, every game and every division is tough.

The Colts had every reason to rest their starters they had nothing to gain from playing them.
          The Colts had every reason? You think most of those fans would have bought an exspensive ticket to watch Jim Sorgie? Its just another recent reason this league is turning into a joke. They did have a reason to play them, its called maintaining chemistry, something they obviously lost when they got to the playoffs.

NFC East the toughest? But then you go on to say every division is tough? Thats not much support to your own statement.

And no every game isnt tough. Just ask the Titans who got an easy ride against the Colts because they rested all of their star players. tell me that was tough? Were the games for the Pats early this year very tough? how about when the Steelers killed the Browns, was that hard for them to?

GB had a very good year, but you can thank Brett Favre not Ted Thompson.

Here is a copy of your schedule and the results...
          http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=GB

Other than the Cowboys and luckily getting to play the Giants during there 0-2 start, your schedule might have been the easiest in the NFL this year? Find me an easier one? Once the Giants got their team together they ended up beating you anyways. Plus your only true test against the Cowboys you lost.

Heres an interesting thing to look at (team deffense)
          http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1

Most of the teams the Packers got to play were ranked mid to bottom of the NFL in team deffense, Brett Favre was able to have a hay day before he retired. is it any wonder 5 of the top 6 deffensive teams play in the AFC?
          Last edited by DawgBone; 03-26-2008, 01:59 PM.

Comment

A darkhorse would be Ozzie Newsome. Great talent evaluator, IMO.

Comment

The Colts had every reason? You think most of those fans would have bought an exspensive ticket to watch Jim Sorgie? Its just another recent reason this league is turning into a joke.

NFC East the toughest? But then you go on to say every division is tough? Thats not much support to your own statement.

And no every game isnt tough. Just ask the Titans who got an easy ride against the Colts because they rested all of their star players. tell me that was tough? Were the games for the Pats early this year very tough? how about when the Steelers killed the Browns, was that hard for them to?
              Take care of your own ****. It's not the Colts job to get the Browns in the playoffs. You lost to Oakland, Arizona, and Cincinatti, it's you're own fault and no one else's.

Comment

The Colts had every reason? You think most of those fans would have bought an exspensive ticket to watch Jim Sorgie? Its just another recent reason this league is turning into a joke.

NFC East?
                #1 Dallas beat you
                #2 You beat the Giants when they started out 0-2, they werent good till midway through the season.
                #3 barely beat the redskins and eagles by a combine 6 pts.

GB had a very good year, but you can thank Brett Favre not Ted Thompson.
                The Colts had every right because they clinched their playoff spot. Its just sour grapes on the Browns part to say otherwise. Why risk a Peyton Manning injury to play the Titans in a meaningless game for the Colts. Would you want Anderson playing Week 17 if you had your spot clinched. NO and don't even attempt to say you would!!!!! GB12 said it best, take care of your own schedule. Any team that can't beat the Oakland Raiders doesn't deserve to go the playoffs. They deserve to have Jim Sorgi play the Titans and thats what happened.

I didn't say the NFC East is toughest in my own opinion. I said other people claim that the NFC East is the toughest if you go by the theory of thinking some divisions are better than others. And who cares how many points you win by. Most games in the NFL are close.

And if I were to determine who had the tougher schedule as a non-Packer non-Brown fan, the Browns schedule from 2007 doesn't exactly scream tough. Dolphins,Bills,Jets,49ers,Bengals 2X(1 loss),Ravens(2x),Rams,Texans all had down/some terrible years along with Oakland. I'd say the Browns were more of a product of their schedule than the Packers.
                Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2; 03-26-2008, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  Take care of your own ****. It's not the Colts job to get the Browns in the playoffs. You lost to Oakland, Arizona, and Cincinatti, it's you're own fault and no one else's.
                  wow tough guy. I bet not as tough as the NFC East though right?

Comment

What the hell does the NFC East have to do with anything? You aren't even making an argument you're just asking dumb questions.

Comment

What the hell does the NFC East have to do with anything? You aren't even making an argument you're just asking dumb questions.
                      It wasnt to you, but i guess since your yurning for attention, Ill allow you to respond.

Comment

It wasnt to you, but i guess since your yurning for attention, Ill allow you to respond.
                        You quoted my post saying "wow tough guy. I bet not as tough as the NFC East though right?"

Comment

He was directing that towards me because I said most people think that the NFC East is the toughest divison.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                            He was directing that towards me because I said most people think that the NFC East is the toughest divison.
                            It was a joke also so I hope you dont get sore over it.

Comment

It was a joke also so I hope you dont get sore over it.
                              You just need to stop talking b/c you can't put forth a rational thought
                              Last edited by princefielder28; 03-26-2008, 02:21 PM.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

The Packers didn't lose to the NFC East other than Dallas. They only lost 3 games.

2 to the Bears, who still have a good defense when healty and seem to have Favres number and 1 to the Cowboys.

If you deserved to make the playoffs, you would have won one more game. Oakland was your best bet or even in the close game against Pittsburgh. You didn't so you didn't make the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information