ESPN's Top 40 Receivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
    Funny how James Jones can be considered the 64th best receiver in the NFL a year after being the 204th (only 3 spots behind fellow wideout Legedu Naanee!) rated prospect among all rookies.

Things like that are why Ted Thompson is the executive of the year.
    Im pretty sure Brett Favre is why Jones is ranked #64, not Ted Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
      thanks, i cant really open up a lot of tabs because my brother is on xbox live and it makes the game lag when i get on a lot of sites
      Roscoe is also on there, which I agree with. He would be such a great #3 if we had a legit #2. Here's to the draft...

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBone View Post
        Its nice to see this:
        Braylon Edwards
        Donte Stallworth
        Joe Jurivicius

And not this:
        Kevin Johnson
        Dennis Northcutt
        Quincy Morgan

I love the new Browns era
        Kevin Johnson was the man. Whatever happened to him?

Comment

Im pretty sure Brett Favre is why Jones is ranked #64, not Ted Thompson.
          Brett's part of the reason, but he wasn't the one sprinting past Champ Bailey or the one who put Jones into the situation that he was in.

No GM can affect a player's natural ability. What they can do is diagnosis the potential for that player and create a situation for him to realize it. No draft expert, and most likely few other GMs, had Jones pegged as a player with a chance to make an impact in the NFL, but Thompson did.

Comment

"and most likely few other GMs, had Jones pegged as a player with a chance to make an impact in the NFL, but Thompson did."

Did you look at the teams draft boards and conclude this or was it an article you put to much stock into from a beat writer with no clue? Pretty bold statement.

Comment

"and most likely few other GMs, had Jones pegged as a player with a chance to make an impact in the NFL, but Thompson did."

Did you look at the teams draft boards and conclude this or was it an article you put to much stock into from a beat writer with no clue? Pretty bold statement.
              Jason Hill, Laurent Robinson, Yamon Figurs, and Jacoby Jones, all receivers, were taken in the 5 picks before the Packers selection of James Jones. Any team that wanted James Jones could have had him.

I've been looking at your other posts... you need to get a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingColt View Post
                All three Colts starting WRs made the list. Kinda shocking they put Gonzo on the list after only one year.
                Dude he should be freakin awesome this year now that he has learned the system. He could be our Wes Welker except faster.
                INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                  Jason Hill, Laurent Robinson, Yamon Figurs, and Jacoby Jones, all receivers, were taken in the 5 picks before the Packers selection of James Jones. Any team that wanted James Jones could have had him.

I've been looking at your other posts... you need to get a clue.
                  You listed 5 teams, but then said any team that wanted him could have? There are still 26 NFL teams that might have graded him around the 3rd round like Thompson how do you know?

And maybe those 4-5 WR's before Jones would have been just fine had they had a QB and system around them like Brett Favre? Favre was even making Koren Robinson look good despite missing some time from football aswell as a below average TE.

In the history of Brett Favre, almost every WR looked better than they should have been.
                  Last edited by DawgBone; 03-26-2008, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I think its pretty laughable how espn rated guys higher who are 6'3 225, like for some reason that makes you a better WR...Im not buying ANY list that has Torry Holt and Marvin Harrison both in the top 5 right now, not potential or how good they will be, but those guys are still top 5 wrs and even the best dbs in the game cannot cover them...The little things like route running, keeping your feet in bounds on a catch in the back of the endzone, and consistency should count for something...

And the fact that they put Braylon Edwards ahead of Chad Johnson for one year is beyond belief to me...Chad has been consistently putting up 1300 yds and 8 tds for the past 6 years straight, but your telling me one season for Braylon is enough to put him higher after he was struggling with drops not that long ago?

ESPN falls in love with hype too much because thats just plain ridiculous...And I also saw Michael Jenkins on this list, what has he done since he's been in the nfl to be on ANY list outside of a bust list? He's a 1st rd pick whose best season ever has been 500 yds and 4 tds, can someone explain why in the hell he should be anywhere near a list of nfl's best wrs?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                      I would also put Moss ahead of T.O. -- He can be counted on more than T.O. can to make a clutch catch. He spreads the field deeper.

But to point out the 10 drops on Owens and negate the fact that Randy had 9 is a little reckless on the journalist part.

The reason I say this is because T.O. is basically "known for drops" and Randy is "known for sure hands", but the margin of difference wasn't as big this past season.
                      They also point out the 17 drops in 2006 without saying that he played 3/4 of the season with a bad hand injury. By the way, I agree that Moss is better than Owens.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        Roscoe is also on there, which I agree with. He would be such a great #3 if we had a legit #2. Here's to the draft...
                        Roscoe still needs work. He could be a great #3, he has the ability, but you don't see it nearly enough, and I'm not pinning too much of that on the lack of a #2 presence. Josh Reed, who obviously doesn't have the potential of Roscoe, has been the better and more reliable slot option for us.

Comment

Q the mos under-rated WR. He will prove himself this year with all the motivation and talk about Fitz being better. He will be an ALL-Pro, just you watch.

Comment

Originally posted by azbmxican View Post
                            Q the mos under-rated WR. He will prove himself this year with all the motivation and talk about Fitz being better. He will be an ALL-Pro, just you watch.
                            You act like someone would be surprised if that happens.

Comment

no one should, especially after he runs over the over rated Safety your team has.

Comment

Originally posted by azbmxican View Post
                                no one should, especially after he runs over the over rated Safety your team has.
                                Man, pretty much everyone here(including myself) likes Boldin so throwing around underrated comments about him dont really make much sense, and no one would be surprised to see him be an All-Pro next year, maybe one reason is because he's already been an all-pro before I dont know.

Also Roy Williams isnt overrated either, everybody pretty much knows he sucks at this point and its not breaking news to anyone...aside from the fact that he has nothing to do with a conversation about nfl wr's

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information