• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good to see curry

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• I'd put Smith above Owens, but that's just me.

Comment

• Good to see Ted Ginn absent from the list. But I dont know why they questioned Nate Burelson's speed if anything his hands are whats holding him back.
        Originally posted by STARHEATHER
        the only hot actreeses are adult
        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
        players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
        Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

• List seems bogus. Harrison at 13? in my mind it should be, without a doubt:

1) Moss
          2) Harrison
          3) TO
          4) Chad Johnson
          5) Torry Holt

Those 5 receivers are all going to the hall of fame - and the fact that 3 of them aren't even top 5 is mind boggling =/

I understand where the writer is coming from with Steve Smith and Andre Johnson. But neither of those 2 have been as consistant as TO, Chad or Harrison - seems like a big mistake to me.

Comment

• thats why Boldin in his first 5 seasons is breaking records as fast as the fatman eating cupcakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
              List seems bogus. Harrison at 13? in my mind it should be, without a doubt:

1) Moss
              2) Harrison
              3) TO
              4) Chad Johnson
              5) Torry Holt

Those 5 receivers are all going to the hall of fame - and the fact that 3 of them aren't even top 5 is mind boggling =/

I understand where the writer is coming from with Steve Smith and Andre Johnson. But neither of those 2 have been as consistant as TO, Chad or Harrison - seems like a big mistake to me.

I agree with you on Smith not being nearly as consistent as most top 8 WRs in the category.

Comment

• I stopped reading when I saw CJ at 8 and people like Braylon head of him.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

• Plaxico ahead of Torry

I laugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    It's 50/50 at best that the Packers make the playoffs. You have a lot of offensive playmakers with Favre. It's yet to be seen how well they work together without him. As for the defense, I think it's a very solid group but I don't think it's going to get much better. Could be wrong though.

I've had the Vikes as the favorites, but am starting to lean back to the Packers. It's far from a guarantee though.
                    I agree that the packers and the vikings are probably gonna be 1,2 in the division but i think that jacksons play for the vikings is the key and I personaly don't think that he's ever gonna be good. How Rodgers is going to do is still yet to be seen but I would take him over Jackson any day. Plus if out run game gets better it will make it easier for Rodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by azbmxican View Post
                      I agree with you on Smith not being nearly as consistent as most top 8 WRs in the category.
                      Smith has been consistent, his quarterbacking hasn't been.

When he's fed the ball anywhere from 7-12 times a game you're looking at easily over 100 yards and easily a touchdown.

If the QB is inept, like for 11 games last year a receiver is going to struggle.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        Smith has been consistent, his quarterbacking hasn't been.

When he's fed the ball anywhere from 7-12 times a game you're looking at easily over 100 yards and easily a touchdown.

If the QB is inept, like for 11 games last year a receiver is going to struggle.
                        I just looked up the 2007 stats on NFL.com for QB's in Carolina and, lol, check this out (God I hope NFL.com got this wrong:

Vinny Testaverde: sacked 46 times
                        Jake Delhomme: Sacked 46 times
                        David Carr: Sacked 76 times

I can't even believe that, thats 168 times =(. Giving up 168 plays may be why I think Steve Smith is not worth a top 5 receiver spot =/

Point being is a great receiver benefits from both a great line and a great QB, just as a great QB benefits from a great receiver. Steve Smith doesn't have a great line or great QB yet, but I still don't think he deserves a top 5 spot until he gets both of those and starts producing the real numbers we all know he can.

Comment

• Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
                          I'm not sure that Marvin Harrison has ever been a top 5 WR.
                          You, sir, are an idiot. He wasn't top 5 when he was in the top 3 in every major receiving category in 2006, a year in which no other WR was even in the top 5 in all 3 categories? And that's not even close to his best year...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                            I just looked up the 2007 stats on NFL.com for QB's in Carolina and, lol, check this out (God I hope NFL.com got this wrong:

Vinny Testaverde: sacked 46 times
                            Jake Delhomme: Sacked 46 times
                            David Carr: Sacked 76 times

I can't even believe that, thats 168 times =(. Giving up 168 plays may be why I think Steve Smith is not worth a top 5 receiver spot =/

Point being is a great receiver benefits from both a great line and a great QB, just as a great QB benefits from a great receiver. Steve Smith doesn't have a great line or great QB yet, but I still don't think he deserves a top 5 spot until he gets both of those and starts producing the real numbers we all know he can.
                            The coming season should see a vast improvement already the team has solidified 4 out of 5 positions along the line with depth and strong players. All we need is one cog and things will be fine. Delhomme's ahead of schedule and Smith has a receiver opposite to help free him up.

It'll be a big year health permitting imo.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information