No announcement yet.

Redskins vs Giants Sept 4 season opener

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point about Washington's very talented offensive line being healthy again, the big injuries last season really hurt them - took out both tackles, I believe, and those guys are top pros. It will be fun to see them matched up against the Giants' defensive line.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Randy Thomas and Jon Janses were the major losses
      I thik Samuels was healthy all year and he's the back bone of the line.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        you really think you can split the Giants? holy ****, we're the reigning champs, and we still get like no respect.
        You wern't even the best team in the NFL last year. You were the most physical and you were on a roll during playoff time.

Oh, and correct me if i'm wrong but we were 3 yards away from sweeping you guys last year.

Look, I know you won the Super Bowl againts a physically drained, near perfect, non-focused Patriots team but calm down. Nobody fears you just becuase you won the Super Bowl. Your not the Patriots who won it all 3-4 years a while back.

and as far as the topic starter said? 3 games? I don't know. It all depends on Zorn. The defense will still be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Redskins4Bowl26 View Post
          You wern't even the best team in the NFL last year. You were the most physical and you were on a roll during playoff time.

Oh, and correct me if i'm wrong but we were 3 yards away from sweeping you guys last year.

Look, I know you won the Super Bowl againts a physically drained, near perfect, non-focused Patriots team but calm down. Nobody fears you just becuase you won the Super Bowl. Your not the Patriots who won it all 3-4 years a while back.

and as far as the topic starter said? 3 games? I don't know. It all depends on Zorn. The defense will still be there.
          What is the determination of the best team? Wins would be the obvious answer.

Who beat 3 of the 4 teams that people predicted were going to win it all (Colts exclued) when the postseason began? The Giants.

Therefore, the Giants are the best team.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Yeah, Thomas and Jansen should be back to full health by now. However, I think Stephon Heyer could beat out Jansen in camp for the starting spot.

I also hope we draft Branden Albert, it would give us a sick line.

I'm excited for Sherman Smith's offensive scheme. From being a former running back, I'm sure he can cater to every one of Portis' needs.

Comment

heyer is nice. i forgot about him.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                it still didnt look like he couldve gotten in even portis, we had at least 2 guys standing over Betts and two guys who took him down.

Thats pretty false. You have no clue if ladell betts would of knocked the crap outta one for the TD. You can't sit there and watch a game and say "Oh well he would of". Running Backs in this league are to explosive, fast, and to good at finding the whole. Especially a back like Clinton Portis.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                  What is the determination of the best team? Wins would be the obvious answer.

Who beat 3 of the 4 teams that people predicted were going to win it all (Colts exclued) when the postseason began? The Giants.

Therefore, the Giants are the best team.
                  Well if you want to look at it in which the argument favors you. Thats fine.

But I think it's safe to say you couldn't beat the Colts or a Chargers team. I won't win this argument. So I'll leave this alone.

Comment

Football is a game of inches, titans-superbowl came down to 1 yard, and who do you remember from that superbowl? the rams. How can you say they are more physicall drained team than us? They were definitely focused, we beat a team that was in contention of being the best ever, i dont think we should be criticized because we won it above 31 other teams, we are the best in the NFC at least until WE ARE KNOCKED OFF, thats how ive seen it and will always see it.

Comment

It's smart for the NFL to use a crappy team for the Giants to play in the opener. The game would get monster ratings no matter who played the G-Men, why not save the bigger games for later in the season where ratings usually are not assumed the way they are on the opening night?
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Thats pretty false. You have no clue if ladell betts would of knocked the crap outta one for the TD. You can't sit there and watch a game and say "Oh well he would of". Running Backs in this league are to explosive, fast, and to good at finding the whole. Especially a back like Clinton Portis.
                        Linebackers, DLineman and even corners arent wimps either, you cant say that he couldve because it never happened, I like Portis but we had the edge so his speed wouldnt have gotten him around and i think id take Tuck over Portis

http://www.nfl.com/videos

there were two guys tuck and ross were cutting his legs and tripping him, Mitchell and Pierce were basically on top of him, and Wilson was behind. Osi also drove your blocker into the ground so there was no one else to block.

EDIT: next time prove me wrong before you call me a liar, i find it demeaning to you and me.

Comment

Giant fans, come on, we're acting like idiots in this thread.

As for the game, I thought it wouldve generated a lot more ratings had it been Giants/Dallas. Everyone and their mom would watch that game, and I think both teams would want that game the most as well.

But oh well, guess we get the Skins. My question to Skins fans...why do you think your team is going to stink so much? Last time I checked, its basically the same roster as last year, plus you actually have draft picks you can use to help your franchise this year.

So why the long faces? I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Giant fans, come on, we're acting like idiots in this thread.

As for the game, I thought it wouldve generated a lot more ratings had it been Giants/Dallas. Everyone and their mom would watch that game, and I think both teams would want that game the most as well.

But oh well, guess we get the Skins. My question to Skins fans...why do you think your team is going to stink so much? Last time I checked, its basically the same roster as last year, plus you actually have draft picks you can use to help your franchise this year.

So why the long faces? I don't get it.

Transition year, new system
                            Carlos on IR

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              Transition year, new system
                              Carlos on IR
                              Rogers hasn't really made much of an impact on that team thus far in his career anyway, thats not as big of a loss as you'd think. Not to mention I expect you guys to run a lot of Cover 2 and passive defense this year (something I disagree with btw).

You have draft picks, if you get a solid DE and a WR I think that negates the losses. Blades was very impressive and can sub in for McIntosh for a lil while. But you need a pass rusher on the line and a WR to compliment Moss. I don't think you guys are going to be that bad. Give the new HC a chance before writing him off.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Rogers hasn't really made much of an impact on that team thus far in his career anyway, thats not as big of a loss as you'd think. Not to mention I expect you guys to run a lot of Cover 2 and passive defense this year (something I disagree with btw).

You have draft picks, if you get a solid DE and a WR I think that negates the losses. Blades was very impressive and can sub in for McIntosh for a lil while. But you need a pass rusher on the line and a WR to compliment Moss. I don't think you guys are going to be that bad. Give the new HC a chance before writing him off.
                                Rogers is a good CB, just not a real playmaker. I agree about Blades. He's also built like Flethcer and Im assuming will take over for him in 2 years or so (The redskins planning ahead, NO WAY!) But yea, just because there is a new coach doesnt necesarily mean rebuilding year. McCarthy and Payton's first years with their teams they did better than the year before.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information