No announcement yet.

Your Team's Most Underated player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Patriots, there's probably a few.

WR Jabar Gaffney - Played better than Donte' Stallworth last year, signed a much, much smaller contract and got no interest on the free agent market.

DE Jarvis Green - Probably outplayed Richard Seymour last year even though he wore down a bit as he started a number of games in a row.

DE Ty Warren - Probably one of the best defensive ends in the league and yet he's considered the weak link of our 3-4 defensive line. Does everything.

FS James Sanders - Just made a lot of plays last year. Was a good tackler, played smart, got a few interceptions. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Comment

Im going to do the NFC East

NYG: Gerris Wilkinson
      Philly: Omar Gaither
      Dallas: Anthony Fasano
      Washington: Laron Landry

Let me explain my choices. Gerris Wilkinson bc nobody has heard of him really, but now that he'll get his chance to start this year, he's going to show what he can really do. He's exactly the kind of speed our LB core needs, and he's going to have a breakout season.

Omar Gaither i believe will play like one of the best MIKEs in the league this upcoming season. Outside the NFC East, I don't think many ppl know about him. If those DTs up front can do their job, he's going to beast it this year.

Its hard naming an "underrated" cowboy bc they all tend to be overrated. I was going to pick Canty, but I feel that Fasano is a very good TE talent rotting on the bench. If he's given a chance, I think he can really produce on a football field. The thing is, Garret runs a spread offense and doesn't really use 2 TE sets at all, and Fasano is not going to beat out Witten for the starting job, so he's just wasting away on the bench.

Laron Landry, yes everyone knows how good he is. But when he made the switch to FS, he played like arguably the best safety in the league right away, he was that good. I was extremely impressed with him when he made the switch and was allowed to ballhawk. I think this guy will make a serious run at being the best safety in the league next year. And by that assumption, I consider him underrated.

Comment

Oren O'neal & Thomas Howard

Comment

As superbowl champs no one is really under-rated but some guys who are still a little under-rated are Diehl (just goes out and does everything we ask of him), Steve Smith (was a guy Eli looked for on third downs regularly throughout the run), Ahmad Bradshaw (explosive little guy who use leverage to be a major pain to bring down) and Shaun O'hara (I give him a lot of the credit for the olines chemistry as center)

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
            As superbowl champs no one is really under-rated but some guys who are still a little under-rated are Diehl (just goes out and does everything we ask of him), Steve Smith (was a guy Eli looked for on third downs regularly throughout the run), Ahmad Bradshaw (explosive little guy who use leverage to be a major pain to bring down) and Shaun O'hara (I give him a lot of the credit for the olines chemistry as center)
            I completely forgot about Shaun O'Hara. He's vastly underrated. He had an amazing season, and hes a big time leader.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              I completely forgot about Shaun O'Hara. He's vastly underrated. He had an amazing season, and hes a big time leader.
              I so called O'Hara last page :D

You guys all know where he attened college right? ;)
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Let me explain my choices. Gerris Wilkinson bc nobody has heard of him really, but now that he'll get his chance to start this year, he's going to show what he can really do. He's exactly the kind of speed our LB core needs, and he's going to have a breakout season.

Omar Gaither i believe will play like one of the best MIKEs in the league this upcoming season. Outside the NFC East, I don't think many ppl know about him. If those DTs up front can do their job, he's going to beast it this year.

Its hard naming an "underrated" cowboy bc they all tend to be overrated. I was going to pick Canty, but I feel that Fasano is a very good TE talent rotting on the bench. If he's given a chance, I think he can really produce on a football field. The thing is, Garret runs a spread offense and doesn't really use 2 TE sets at all, and Fasano is not going to beat out Witten for the starting job, so he's just wasting away on the bench.

Laron Landry, yes everyone knows how good he is. But when he made the switch to FS, he played like arguably the best safety in the league right away, he was that good. I was extremely impressed with him when he made the switch and was allowed to ballhawk. I think this guy will make a serious run at being the best safety in the league next year. And by that assumption, I consider him underrated.
                Isn't Bradley going to start at MLB next year?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                  Isn't Bradley going to start at MLB next year?
                  is he? I like what Gaither brings to the MIKE position for them. He gave them a MIKE who can run down the seam and provide coverage in the middle.

Comment

Steelers = Anthony Smith

He got allot of stick last year for calling out the pats, and that seems to change peoples judgement on him...he is still a playmaker and he is a verbal leader that our defence needs, IMO he is very underrated. Try watching his play...not his mouth.

(ignore the pats game, Randy Moss abused every DB last year) :p

Comment

• For Indy I would probably say MLB Gary Brackett. He continually puts up a ton of tackles and still has not made the pro bowl. Probably because he only fits this Cover 2 scheme. Brackett has for the most part stayed healthy these past seasons too.
                      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

You gave me an idea...
                        Chicago- Desmond Clark
                        Detroit- Jon Kitna, i always see this guy running for his damn life, he'd be better if they had a half decent line and would stop saying theyre gonna win 10 games
                        Minnesota- Chad Greenway

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• For the Titans I do think Roos and Stewart are underrated but I think I'm gonna go with Cortland Finnegan. He's becoming one of the best young CB's in this league. I love watching him play. Being a 7th round draft pick he plays with a chip on his shoulder. People are starting to hear his name but I still think he's underrated...

Comment

• It's got to be Aaron Smith for our squad. Top 2 34 DE in the game and his importance was cemented last year when we allowed 72 yards rushing per game all year and the last two games he didn't play because of torn biceps and we allowed like 160 yards rushing average those two games.

Also Larry Foote, he is even underrated by Steelers fans.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                              It's got to be Aaron Smith for our squad. Top 2 34 DE in the game and his importance was cemented last year when we allowed 72 yards rushing per game all year and the last two games he didn't play because of torn biceps and we allowed like 160 yards rushing average those two games.

Also Larry Foote, he is even underrated by Steelers fans.
                              I agree with you TT. Ike Taylor is pretty underrated as well

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
                              Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

• It seems like Buffalo could claim a lot of those prizes on the 9ers does vernon davis fit that?
                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information