Interesting article about the OL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    Well, consider this: The Miami Dolphins brought in both Drew Brees & Daunte Culpepper. Brees actually wanted to go to Miami over New Orleans, but he 'failed' their physical because they were too worried about his shoulder and went with Culpepper instead. It was a blessing in disguise for our team, but that's how worried teams were about the injury.

Off the top of my head, Brees signed a 6 yr/$60mil contract. And speaking of Brees and offensive lines, him and Sean Payton really makes our offensive line look a lot better than it actually is.
    oh wow, i didn't know he failed their physical. i guess now it makes sense.

I agree, although last year Payton shied away from what worked, and tried more vertical stuff. Thats why the offense struggled so much early on.

Comment

The steelers whole oline was a mess last year...but Faneca didn't seem to look dominate at any point during the year

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Pretty much.. You're either dominant or you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          oh wow, i didn't know he failed their physical. i guess now it makes sense.

I agree, although last year Payton shied away from what worked, and tried more vertical stuff. Thats why the offense struggled so much early on.
          Yeah, Miami's doctors didn't think Brees would bounce back well from the injury and passed on him. He passed our physical fine and the rest is history.

Not too sure I agree about Payton trying to be too vertical. Our offensive line completely sucked in all facets of the game the first four weeks of the season. Period. Brees had no time whatsoever and there were no running lanes no matter who was running the ball. It was all around horrid.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I really did not like the article very much. He said that the difference between great linemen and average linemen is give or take one or two plays a game. He makes it sound like it's not a big deal but it is every play in football is so important and those one of two can very well be the difference between winning and losing. I would think that someone who played in the NFL would know that.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information