Sophomore Slump!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
    Patrick Willis, it wont be a slump, but I just don't see him putting up the same amount of numbers he did as this year.
    Willis wont slump (he's a pro who wont get a big head) but he wont have to be all over the field (hopefully). Teams will target him but that should allow others to prosper.

The guy I worry bout out west is Joe Staley - he's moving to LT and I fear he may get schooled a couple of times. Unfortunately its neccessary for his long term development and he'll be a star - hopefully though I'm wrong about 2008

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
      Dwayne Bowe..You have to worry about Second year WR's who had a big Rookie Year..And I dont think his QB is gonna help all that much.
      Says the Raider fan. No surprise there.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        im going to agree with bowe too. sorry chiefs fans...i just dont see him doing well this next year. down the line i think he'll be a stud but theres just not much else in that offense to be happy about.

one guy i DONT think will be slumping is marshawn lynch. he may actually have some better consistancy at QB this year if edwards is in all year and that team has some decent receivers already in evans and parrish and could add another via the draft. i think he might do even better this year if the offense works around him.
        And what exactly was there to be happy about in the offense last year? Yet he still was 5 yards short of a 1,000 yard season. And that was after he missed half of training camp and the first 2 preseason games due to a holdout.

Besides, why would you see much to be happy about now? For a team that is building through the draft any improvements are going to come a month from now.

Comment

im going to agree with bowe too. sorry chiefs fans...i just dont see him doing well this next year. down the line i think he'll be a stud but theres just not much else in that offense to be happy about.

one guy i DONT think will be slumping is marshawn lynch. he may actually have some better consistancy at QB this year if edwards is in all year and that team has some decent receivers already in evans and parrish and could add another via the draft. i think he might do even better this year if the offense works around him.
          And what exactly was there to be happy about in the offense last year? Yet he still was 5 yards short of a 1,000 yard season. And that was after he missed half of training camp and the first 2 preseason games due to a holdout.

Besides, why would you see much to be happy about now? For a team that is building through the draft any improvements are going to come a month from now.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
            Bowe, hes the next Michael Clayton.
            Give me a break. That is the stupidest crap I have ever heard. What would lead anybody to believe that at all? Because he went to LSU? Then I guess his draft profile should have said "he went to LSU, the same school as Michael Clayton, so don't draft him."

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
              I really dont want to say Bowe, but the DBs in that divison are pretty good.
              He made guys like Bailey and Jammer look like fools at times last year. Don't see why that will change this year. Plus one of Bowe's strengths is his ability to go up and get the ball. He can be perfectly covered yet still snatch the ball out of the air. Most of his touchdown catches last year were circus catches where he was covered yet still made the catch.

People seem to not realize that we got rid of our horrible offensive coordinator and hired Chan Gailey who isn't the greatest by all means but is definitely somebody who can get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                Nobody hates Bowe its just that hes in the crappiest situation of all of these players.
                He was in the same crappy situation last year when he put up 70 catches, 995 yards, and 5 touchdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                  Bowe is in a pretty bad situation but he was 5 yards short of 1,000 with a horrible offensive line and two different QBs that couldn't stay on their feet.

If we can, uh, what's that word that offensive lineman are supposed to do that ours didn't? Oh yeah, if we can passblock, he should put up bigger numbers.

What I really hate is now every team we face twice a year (division rivals) have insanely good CB tandems. Deangelo Hall and Nnamdi Asomugha for the Raiders, Dre Bly and Champ for the Broncos and Cromartie and Jammer for the Chargers.. I mean, wtf is this?! :(
                  exactly...the corners are the only reason Bowe might not seem like as much of a stud.

I mean, the broncos corners are our pride. Since we cant stop the run ya know :D

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

bowe only because of the situation, he is a good talented player but there are many factors.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I voted Lynch, but don't know why. I thnk I should change it to Bowe, but I really think neither would have a bad year. All will have solid years, just maybe not quite as good as this past year. Bowe just has too much around him that concerns me, and the division has gotten better.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post

dont get me wrong here, i like bowe for the long run, but out of those guys listed i think he is most likely to slump (barring injury to the others) simply because he does have the worst situation

Comment

what about Gaines Adams
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

dont get me wrong here, i like bowe for the long run, but out of those guys listed i think he is most likely to slump (barring injury to the others) simply because he does have the worst situation
                            That's fine. But then for the sake of this thread their probably shouldn't have been a poll. Just an open ended question so people could choose whoever they wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information