• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
    ummm.....

just because they got a bunch of players doesnt make them a quality team

only reallly good move was Dhall and resigning justin fargas
    DeAngelo Hall for a second round pick was the best move this year, maybe the past few. Considering how good and young he is it really is amazing that a eighth overall pick who succeeded expectations received only a high second round pick.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
      Your pass rush is going to be insane? LMAO

With who? Derrick Burgess is the only decent pass rusher on your team, MAYBE Tommy Kelly as well. Kalimba Edwards has been a bust his entire career.
      Actually Chris Clemons is a pretty good pass rusher.
      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
        Actually Chris Clemons is a pretty good pass rusher.
        For the Eagles maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          DeAngelo Hall for a second round pick was the best move this year, maybe the past few. Considering how good and young he is it really is amazing that a eighth overall pick who succeeded expectations received only a high second round pick.
          $70 million makes it a bad move...he's good...but not that good...plus, he may have single handedly crippled them trying to resign Aso...

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
            No doubt. He still has a year or 2 until hes in his prime and hes allready a top 5 cb in the league

To get back to Edwards, if he gets 4 sacks this season for us id be happy with him

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              They didn't overpay for Hall. The other three yes.
              They overpaid those three so much that I'm pretty sure Hall is overpaid by association.

Comment

How are they going to afford their first rounder too? Jeez.

Did Al fall asleep and forget about the draft?
                Last edited by TitleTown088; 03-28-2008, 09:24 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I think this is a good signing. Chris Clemons wasn't anything special either, yet in specialized pass rushing situations he was able to be successful. The Raiders are looking to have Kalimba Edwards take this spot, allowing starter Jay Richardson to rotate out on 3rd downs. Edwards isn't going to be a starter and he isn't going to be expected to be that either. Setting him up for success (keeping him off the field if he's not going to go pin his ears back and rush the passer to keep him fresh and one-track minded) could get him 5-6 sacks next year...

At 2 years, $5 million total, this is a fine signing.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    How are they going to afford their first rounder too? Jeez.

Did Al fall asleep and forget about the draft?
                    Yeah, because 2 years, $5 million is so steep of a price.

Are you kidding me????? Come on now...

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

i am so glad the days of having to justify stupid moves my team makes is over
                      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                        Yeah, because 2 years, $5 million is so steep of a price.

Are you kidding me????? Come on now...
                        When you factor in your other offseason signings then yes, this does affect your ability to sign other players.

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                          i am so glad the days of having to justify stupid moves my team makes is over
                          Brandon Lloyd and Antwaan Randle El aren't that long ago...

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

When you factor in your other offseason signings then yes, this does affect your ability to sign other players.
                            I think they're pretty close to done signing players, and they have some cuts to make yet.

Comment

We've been saying this after every move the Raiders make, and then they go out and make another move. Who else could they possibly go out and get after this anyway?

The Raiders are pushing all their chips onto the table. We understand this. It will probably backfire. We understand this. Stop pointing it out.

Comment

No, it doesn't. The fact is that Kalimba Edwards who could be a solid situational player will likely count less that 2% against the Raiders' total cap. And when discussing contracts at $30-40 million, a cap hit of less that $2.5 million is no big deal at all. In fact it's a good deal.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information