No announcement yet.

Breakout Sophmore in 2008?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My team: I'll go with LT Tony Ugoh. The guy could be a Pro Bowler if he can stay injury free, he was that good at times last season. I would say Gonzalez, but I think the 2nd half of last season was his coming out party, especially the playoff game. He definitely looked better last year than Reggie did in his rookie season, which has me excited for what's to come out of him.

Elsewhere: LB Anthony Spencer is my pick, partially because I'm being a homer and Spencer hails from Purdue, but I really think Spencer could give the Cowboys an excellent rushbacker to put across from DeMarcus Ware.

As for people saying Dwayne Bowe and David Harris, if we're picking people that established themselves pretty well in their rookie campaigns, then I'll change my picks for other teams to Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

People are saying that Gaines Adams is goin to boom like a beast next season. After that I am going with either Calvin Johnson or Poszluzny. The Bills finished solid with a nothing team and now that they have a monster DT, Puz is going to boom. Calvin Johnson is simply nuff said I don't need to explain myself.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
        Paul Pozluszny
        That's my pick...He was on pace to breakout before his inury last year and i think this year he has a pro-bowl caliber year

Comment

I think Landry was really coming on at FS. His success depends on how Blatche wants to use him, but under Williams he was looking like a top flight safety.

I'm predicting 6 INTs 2 FF and 55 tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
            I think Landry was really coming on at FS. His success depends on how Blatche wants to use him, but under Williams he was looking like a top flight safety.

I'm predicting 6 INTs 2 FF and 55 tackles.
            I can not see him only having 55 tackles. He had almost 100 last year. The move to FS might take away some, but it should be at least 80.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
              Lamarr Woodley FTW!!!

Also Calvin Johnsons bad back should be healed up...i think he will be a monster.
              You took mine. Nice call. I was a huge Woodley fan last year coming out of Michigan and was thrilled when the Steelers drafted him.

Well, I'll go with Sidney Rice WR Minnesota or Greg Olsen TE Chicago. If either of those two get a QB worth a darn I see them making Pro Bowls.

Comment

Brandon McDonald...will get the starting job most likely. He showed flashes and hopefully will become a good starter for the Browns this year.

Comment

Tim Crowder. He had injury issues all year long, but still managed 4.5 sacks and scored a touchdown on a fumble recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                    My team: I'll go with LT Tony Ugoh. The guy could be a Pro Bowler if he can stay injury free, he was that good at times last season. I would say Gonzalez, but I think the 2nd half of last season was his coming out party, especially the playoff game. He definitely looked better last year than Reggie did in his rookie season, which has me excited for what's to come out of him.

Elsewhere: LB Anthony Spencer is my pick, partially because I'm being a homer and Spencer hails from Purdue, but I really think Spencer could give the Cowboys an excellent rushbacker to put across from DeMarcus Ware.

As for people saying Dwayne Bowe and David Harris, if we're picking people that established themselves pretty well in their rookie campaigns, then I'll change my picks for other teams to Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis.

A major difference between guys like Harris and Willis is that Willis started from week one whereas Harris only started nine games last season. Even though Harris is pretty well established, he could take a bit of a statistical jump next season with more starts under his belt (and an actual nose tackle). That said, depending on who the Jets add in the draft he could have more talent around him and might not end up racking up so many tackles and sacks. But still, he's in position to potentially a better year statistically with more starts and even maybe play a little better if Jenkins adjusts well to the 3-4. You're right in saying that he's established, but he is in position to make a jump stat-wise if that's what people are thinking.

As for the thread, I like Chinny Ndukwe for the Bengals (hope I spelled that right) and possibly Marvin White as well. If one of them starts they should do well. Jacoby Jones is another guy I like. Sydney Rice, Stewart Bradley, Paul Poz, and Eric Wright could make some noise too.

Comment

look for antwan barnes to have a big year in baltimore...im predictiing 7+ sacks from him...on offense, i expect ben grubbs to firmly establish himself as a top tier guard in the league. Also, yamon figurs could have a really big year returning kicks. On other teams...

chris houston should have a big year, i was a huge fan on draft day.

a guy i really like is jason hill in SF. it might not be this year, but sometime in the near future, i see him succeeding in martz's offense. Thats providing Alex Smith and that entire team pull their act together.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                        I can not see him only having 55 tackles. He had almost 100 last year. The move to FS might take away some, but it should be at least 80.
                        Well if they have him playing like they had sean playing then he probably wont get more than 60-65 because he will be so far away from the ball
                        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I love how alot of the picks are guys that have pretty much already broken out.

David Harris, Dwayne Bowe, Tony Ugoh, LaRon Landry, and some others mentioned already had really good years last year. Now if you say you expect them a progress and have better year's next year then I agree but they aren't gonna break out as they are already established as good up and coming players.

Guys that will break out are like Derrick Anderson types. Guys that had some talent but never got the opportunity. Or like the OP said, a Mario Williams. A guy that did very little his rookie season but blew up the next year.

Ill go with Stewart Bradley. And for my homer pick, I'll say Ted Ginn, Jr.

Comment

Greg Olsen... he is looking like he might be the Bears best receiving option, along with Dez Clark.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                              Greg Olsen... he is looking like he might be the Bears best receiving option, along with Dez Clark.
                              jsut gonna say that. he and clark about the only decent targets the bears seem to have now....just have to hope 'ol ron turner knows enough to actually use them

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                                I think Trent Edwards will do a whole lot better than he did as a rookie...
                                He wasn't too bad as a rookie, so I don't see why he wouldn't improve on that this year.

As for me, I hope that Jason Hill, Ray McDonald, Joe Cohen or Tarell Brown have an impressive year. I would have said Patrick Willis or Joe Staley but they already had good years, last year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information