Breakout Sophmore in 2008?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luee View Post
    Ahmad Bradshaw playing from the start; also Ross, Smith and Boss. The entire Giant rookie class.
    realism: the thing you do when you don't masturbate into a giants jersey.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
      David Harris
      I think he already had a breakout year which is quite odd considering he didn't start until Week 8. If you subtract the stats he got in those first 7 games he's left with:

101 tackles, 5 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles

That is ridiculous. 9 games and he put up those numbers as a starter. Since our front 7 improved so he won't have to do ALL the work this what I think he'll get next year.

170 tackles, 4-8 sacks, then a few forced fumbles and maybe a pick.
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        (Insert First or Second Round Draft Pick of My Team that Underperformed)
        (which is why I listed Chansi Stuckey :))

Originally posted by bam bam View Post
        (not funny)
        (sort of funny)
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Beat up on the best team in history

Originally posted by Addict View Post
          realism: the thing you do when you don't masturbate into a giants jersey.
          Super Bowl is not an illusion.
          Eli rules!

Comment

honestly, if Either Joey Porter or Jason Taylor go down, or one gets traded of cut

Abraham Wright OLB Dolphins.
            he looked good in the preseason, then he got hurt last year
            potential sucessor to JT

**edit**
            Last edited by BufFan71; 04-06-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

for the vikes...
              offense-Sidney Rice
              defense-Marcus McCauley/Brian Robison

sig by guesswhosback

Adrian Peterson>>>>Reggie Bush

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                honestly, if Either Joey Porter or Jason Taylor go down, or one gets traded of cut

Abraham Wright OLB Dolphins.
                he looked good in the preseason, then he got hurt last year
                potential predacessor to JT
                Predecessor means to come before, I think you mean successor.

For the Panthers the only guy with a real chance is Charles Johnson at defensive end. He only played a handful of snaps season gone but could see a big increase in his playing time.

Comment

Nobody really for the Chiefs. Dwayne Bowe already brokeout and I expect him to build on his production from last year.

Some players that could have minor breakout seasons though are DT Tank Tyler and OT Herb Taylor. I am hoping Tyler can become a solid nose tackle for us and if we get a good undertackle like Ellis in the draft we could have one of the best lines in the league. Herb Taylor didn't play much last season but he did get in at left tackle against Detroit and he held his own which I think is pretty impressive for a rookie 6th round pick.

Comment

Chris Henry. He's a talented RB with an elite oline. If VY can take a step as a passer and the titans give him a top weapon there'll be more room for the titans' backs to carry the load and Henry is easily their most talented back and I see him taking a big step in his game.

I also see Beastmode having a much better season.

Comment

• Robert Meachem. When your quarterback is Drew Brees, you are expected to produce. I look for Meachem to light it up in 08-09.
                      Last edited by waazup; 04-07-2008, 01:22 AM.

Currently holds the NFL record for most receptions in a players first two seasons with 168.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                        I'm going to homer pick it and say Zack Miller is going to have a good season in 2008. Russell will likely be iffy this year, but much of the success that he has will be because of his chemistry with Miller. I'm not saying Gates-like numbers, but close to 650 yards or more.
                        i agree he looked really good in the games i saw him in. he should have a nice year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• I'm only qualified to pick my own team, so I will...

Chinedum Ndukwe, 7th rounder from last year.

They gushed about him in camp last year, figured it was just typical hype but he was the biggest playmaker on our defense at times last year. Despite limited PT, he started the last two games and finished the season with 45 tackles, 3 INT's, 1 TD, 6 PD's and 2 sacks. Him and Marvin White should clean some clocks out there next season. Two hardest hitters we've had around here in forever.
                          Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 04-07-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                            I'm only qualified to pick my own team, so I will...

Chinedum Ndukwe, 7th rounder from last year.

They gushed about him in camp last year, figured it was just typical hype but he was the biggest playmaker on our defense at times last year. Despite limited PT, he started the last two games and finished the season with 45 tackles, 3 INT's, 1 TD, 6 PD's and 2 sacks. Him and Marvin White should clean some clocks out there next season. Two hardest hitters we've had around here in forever.
                            Thats a good one. I remember almost every time the steelers played the bengals last year it seemed like the announcers were always saying this guys name after plays. He's a playmaker.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
                            Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

• For the Giants, I have Aaron Ross and Jay Alford.

Id say Bradshaw already "broke out", and Boss is what he is. Smith also broke out in the playoffs.

For the rest of the league I have

Laron Landry
                              Paul Poz
                              Darrelle Revis
                              Jon Beason (on a national level)
                              Eric Weddle
                              Brandon Merriweather
                              Alan Branch
                              Calvin Johnson
                              Merril Olsen
                              Zach Miller

i'll leave it at that for now, don't want to get too carried away and name everybody and their mom.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information