• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lito Trade Still Coming

http://www.charlotte.com/317/story/558973.html

Source: Philadelphia to trade cornerback
    Sheppard deal expected to happen before draft
    Philadelphia Inquirer

PHILADELPHIA --The meat between the start of free agency and next month's NFL draft remains the same for the Eagles.

They're still planning to serve a Lito Sheppard sandwich to whichever team is willing to pay the highest price for the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback. Despite some sentiment that the Eagles would be better served by keeping Sheppard and moving Sheldon Brown to safety, the trade scenario remains far more likely.

Trade talks concerning Sheppard figure to pick up this week at the owners' meetings, which take place today through Wednesday in West Palm Beach, Fla.

A team source said the Eagles already have received some significant offers for the cornerback and will continue to listen. A deal is likely to get done before the start of the April 26 draft.

The Eagles have been told by several teams that they will make offers after they finalize their draft boards. With the draft less than a month away, those offers should be coming soon.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

I think we should make a push for Lito.. It seems we love to pick up injured or coming off an injury type players.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Why not take a shot at him. He is great when healthy. I guess thats the key words "when healthy" I say still do it. Not a 1st but something else. Like Jason David

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

The Ravens will be happy to swap picks, and give like a 4th or 5th for Lito.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

As long as we dont give up what ATL got for D.Hall I would be ok. But im sure they are going to want something preaty close to that IMO.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Great news, the Cowboy killer can move on to another team, not sure who the big players are as far as whose interested since the rumors have died down.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Too bad you guys are already paying a combined $34 million to Jason David and Randall ***.

Comment

I think Randall G's contract can be either a one-year or a two-year deal, I'm not sure which but I remember reading it could be structured that way if the Saints wanted to part ways early. I don't recall if Jason David's contract is like that.

If the Saints were to acquire Lito Sheppard (who I'm a big fan of and think is a great player), it wouldn't surprise me if they immediately cut a recovering Mike McKenzie, which would save some dollars there.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
                  Why not take a shot at him. He is great when healthy. I guess thats the key words "when healthy" I say still do it. Not a 1st but something else. Like Jason David
                  lol is that a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                    lol is that a joke?
                    Yes it is. I just want to pond him off on another team that all.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

I'd take him on the Jets....
                      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        I think Randall G's contract can be either a one-year or a two-year deal, I'm not sure which but I remember reading it could be structured that way if the Saints wanted to part ways early. I don't recall if Jason David's contract is like that.

If the Saints were to acquire Lito Sheppard (who I'm a big fan of and think is a great player), it wouldn't surprise me if they immediately cut a recovering Mike McKenzie, which would save some dollars there.
                        I agree GEO, I think he is a great CB and I have always liked him. I would love to pick him up. And I agree that they would cut Mike. And if we had him at least he would not be able to rock R.Bush like he did in the past. Man that was a big hit.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

I'll say this, I'd love to see the Jets make a move for Lito. Yeah, he's injury prone, but so was Charles Woodson once upon a time and look how well that worked for Green Bay.

With the moves the Jets have made and positions they have already addressed, #2 cornerback is a heck of a lot closer to the top of the list of Jets needs than it once was.

Comment

I still think that the Eagles and Pats will engineer a trade which sends Lito to New England. Which would be an excellent move for New England.

Although certainly, the Cardinals would benefit if they could get Sheppard, giving them a starter and playmaker at corner as they have at safety with Adrian Wilson. I'd think they could afford to sign him long-term, but somehow they've reached to the cap currently, and still have some guys they need to sign long-term. Funny how things change in a few years, I suppose.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

KC needs a starter opposite Surtain.He'd look awfully good in Red and Gold

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information