No announcement yet.

good list of badly needed changes in the nfl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They all look like they could help the game. #3,4, and 5 are the rules that i would embrace the most though. Game need some changing...

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      i love 4 and 5
      i hate how much rookies get paid. they can screw a whole franchise that way.
      I wrote an persuasive essay for school about reducing rookie contracts. It gave me three broad topics and one was spectator sports.

Best example I can give

Jamarcus Russell- six year $61 million

Tom Brady- six year $60 million

point and match, rookies get paid way to much. Look at the lions if you want to see what a bunch of bad first rounders can get you. (harrington, williams, rogers)

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
      Originally posted by Job
      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
        aka Ryan Leaf and Carlos Rogers
        How did Carlos Rogers screw a whole franchise
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
          I wrote an persuasive essay for school about reducing rookie contracts. It gave me three broad topics and one was spectator sports.

Best example I can give

Jamarcus Russell- six year $61 million

Tom Brady- six year $60 million

point and match, rookies get paid way to much. Look at the lions if you want to see what a bunch of bad first rounders can get you. (harrington, williams, rogers)
          thats interesting. what kind of grade did you get on the paper? I once wrote an essay about how the BCS needs changed for a class last semester and got an A.

but yeah, the rookie wage scale needs some big changes. i sat here for like 15 minutes trying to type how i would do it but man....its hard to explain

Comment

I don't favor changing overtime, but the best way to do it would be to kickoff to the winner of the coin toss, and then kick it off to the other team if they score to see if they can match. Otherwise, it should be played like a normal game. The college rule of placing it on a yard line and basically letting them score is pretty stupid. It's not real football.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
              I don't favor changing overtime, but the best way to do it would be to kickoff to the winner of the coin toss, and then kick it off to the other team if they score to see if they can match. Otherwise, it should be played like a normal game. The college rule of placing it on a yard line and basically letting them score is pretty stupid. It's not real football.
              which is....what i said earlier.....

keep it just like it is only insure that each offense gets 1 touch of the ball

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                which is....what i said earlier.....

keep it just like it is only insure that each offense gets 1 touch of the ball
                What about turnovers, etc? If someone picks off a pass, where does the other team get the ball, etc? LOTS of nuance to do it that way.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                  What about turnovers, etc? If someone picks off a pass, where does the other team get the ball, etc? LOTS of nuance to do it that way.
                  well, if the team who gets the original kickoff goes out and on the first play, throws a pick....well, they had an offensive possession didnt they?

the other team would then get theirs and if they scored, they win.

i dont think its that complicated

Comment

I think all those ideas stink. Yeah, I'll be watching a lot of games as challenges extend the game for an extra hour or so. I'd find it real exciting waiting for 10 minutes of more advertising to see dozens of plays reviewed. They tried it in hockey with goals and it was boring as hell.
                    Most of those ideas are pure garbage and if anything would destroy the game of football in very short order.
                    The only idea that has some merit is extending revenue sharing to include every source of revenue and there is about 1 billionth of a chance of getting that agreed upon.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

I like the idea of six a lot too. If there is no cap in space, there could end up being a divide in the NFL, and it will take away the parity that makes the game so great. 3,4,5 are good, but if 6 doesn't come about, those three will be the least of the NFL's worries, because, like in the article, the NFL will split apart.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

They should make the game-day roster larger and increase the size of practice squads.

Comment

The thing that needs to be changed the most is how much money rookies make. I can tell you right now, i don't care how far J Russell can throw the ball, he is not worth 60 Million (30 guaranteed). The first round should have set pay for each slot like the NBA. Then teams don't have to worry that they can't draft a guy because they might not be able to sign the guy. Plus then they have more money to pay the veteran players who have showed that they can produce in the NFL.

Defence also needs to get radios in the helmets. lets even the playing field

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            thats interesting. what kind of grade did you get on the paper? I once wrote an essay about how the BCS needs changed for a class last semester and got an A.

but yeah, the rookie wage scale needs some big changes. i sat here for like 15 minutes trying to type how i would do it but man....its hard to explain
                            I havent got it back yet

What I said is have a base salary for each pick. For example, pick one gets 2 year 4 million, pick two gets 2 year 3.9 million and so on. Might not have taken everything in to consideration, but setting a base salary for rookies would give them motivation before their big pay check. It would also help teams if their number one pick busts.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                            Originally posted by Job
                            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                              I havent got it back yet

What I said is have a base salary for each pick. For example, pick one gets 2 year 4 million, pick two gets 2 year 3.9 million and so on. Might not have taken everything in to consideration, but setting a base salary for rookies would give them motivation before their big pay check. It would also help teams if their number one pick busts.
                              hmm...thats interesting but i would have set the years up like this if it were me:

3 years, a 4th year team option.

and thats for every pick them. and obviously, the higher picks get more money over that time.

but idk if 2 years would be a good enough indicator or not if thats what you would have used

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information