NFL to announce Week 1 primetime and Thanksgiving games Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
    Whoa, the Commish announced the SNF game too.

Chicago Bears @ Indianapolis Colts. Awesome, rematch of SB XLI and the unveiling of Lucas Oil Field on primetime.
    Last edited by Geo; 03-31-2008, 02:07 PM.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
      I second that notion. Traditions dammit!
      Yeah I like division games myself on Thanksgiving.

I hope we play the Titans and at least look respectable because I think Jacksonville will just destroy us. I'm sick of getting blown out like we have the last 4 Thanksgiving games.

It probably will be the Titans because of Vince Young.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of this. First I don't really like my team on Monday Night games to begin with. If it was up to me I'd have every Packer game on Sunday at noon. Secondly it's the first week of the season, which means even a longer wait for real football. And finally this means that Rodgers' first start will be in primetime, although that could be kind of interesting.

Comment

The harder the schedule and the more primetime games, the better imo. Good preparation for the playoffs.

Comment

Yay our rookie OT gets to play his first NFL game on primetime game against the Colts DEs. Awesome. I predict we'll be down to our third string QB by the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
              Packers/Vikes will be a good game to watch.

Tough game for Aaron Rodgers though in Week 1. The load theoretically should be all on Rodgers with the run D that the Vikings have. Luckily the Vikings secondary has some problems.
              Actually last year everyone expected us to pass when we played the Vikings and we ended up pounding the rock on the ground. We were one of the few teams to successfully run over the Vikings D. 2008 is a different year though.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

alright! Manningbowl II the battle of the MVPs

Comment

I'm a little suprised the Bears got the main primetime slot. Then again we're just the sacrificial lamb for the Colts. I'm glad we can get that game out of the way early though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                    Actually last year everyone expected us to pass when we played the Vikings and we ended up pounding the rock on the ground. We were one of the few teams to successfully run over the Vikings D. 2008 is a different year though.
                    Yeah 119 yards with a 30 yard td run is a very nice day running the ball for Grant. Favre did throw 46 passes as well in the 34-0 win with 3 tds and was extremely efficient. Running the ball like that will be crucial. It can be done obviously as you did it last year but won't be easy.

Losing Udeze might hurt that run defense some too. But with the Williams' in the middle, I never like that matchup for any team.

Comment

Never ever forget:

Don't kick to Hester.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Never ever forget:

Don't kick to Hester.

Kick the ball into Lake Michigan. Thats Marinellis philosophy on special teams when playing the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          Never ever forget:

Don't kick to Hester.
                          We learned that the hard way. :(
                          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Who the hell is hester.........If i was the head coach i would kick to him, i heard he is slow

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFan View Post
                              Who the hell is hester.........If i was the head coach i would kick to him, i heard he is slow
                              ya i mean the guy only ran a 4.6 at the combine how good could he be, i don't seen him breaking any records any time soon

Comment

I can't wait.
                                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information