Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no more of this?

Comment

I guess the rule would be ok if you grab and twist their face, but what is this turning into flag football.... two hand touch? More and more rules every year pretty soon there be a penalty every play.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Something about this strikes me as wrong. The facemask rule made sense, because tackling high or twisting a players neck could be incredibly dangerous (Dick Lane proved that). However, most tacklers lead with their hardhat, and making any stiff arm to the head a potential penalty would change a lot of things.

In the end, a defender can cause way more damage in stopping a player and bringing him to the ground by his facemask. All an offensive player is trying to do is get away.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          Something about this strikes me as wrong. The facemask rule made sense, because tackling high or twisting a players neck could be incredibly dangerous (Dick Lane proved that). However, most tacklers lead with their hardhat, and making any stiff arm to the head a potential penalty would change a lot of things.

In the end, a defender can cause way more damage in stopping a player and bringing him to the ground by his facemask. All an offensive player is trying to do is get away.
          that... actually makes a lot of sense.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
            yeah... alllow touching, just no twisting.
            That is a pretty safe rule to live by. In football, and in life.

Comment

http://cfx.signonsandiego.com/sports...s_stiffarm.jpg

LT stiffarms a Rams player's helmet off. Come on, no one wants to lose that.

Comment

Ugh...not much to say bout this.

RIP ST

Comment

People do realize that if an offensive player is giving you a stiff arm to the face, he is more or less punching you in the face...

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                    People do realize that if an offensive player is giving you a stiff arm to the face, he is more or less punching you in the face...
                    And you do realize that the guy being "punched in the face" has a facemask and is trying the bring the guy doing the punching down as violently as possible, right?

Comment

how about the Jim Brown stiff arms

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post

Well if a corner hits a receiver in the facemask at the line it's a 5 yard penalty for hands to the face with an automatic first down. I don't see how a stiff arm is any different.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                          Well if a corner hits a receiver in the facemask at the line it's a 5 yard penalty for hands to the face with an automatic first down. I don't see how a stiff arm is any different.
                          Exactly my point. You can't have it one way and not the other.

Originally posted by Halsey
                          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            Because a stiff arm by a ball carrier is a defensive act, and almost any other form of it is an inherently offensive act. I do think that if a runner grabs an offensive players facemask and twists it around maliciously, that should be a penalty, but there's no real reason for a player to ever do that.

There is a definite difference between warding off large men trying to cause you bodily harm with a stiff arm and bringing a player to the ground by his facemask or smacking a player in the face when he doesn't even have the ball.

Comment

You shouldn't be allowed to grab it, but then again in the speed of the game most face masks are missed anyway.

Comment

no you shouldn't be able to grab the mask and pull the defender down but making facemasking a 15 yard penalty come on let the guys play soon you want be able to tackle it just be 2 hand touch
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information