Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
    Just an attempt to drive up the Cowboys offer, imo
    Why the hell would the Packers care about the Cowboys??? Unless it is the Titans trying to drive up the offer, which if it is, there is no way to drive it up. He has little to no value until all of these fans seemed to forget the idiotic things that he has done and will continue to do.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      How the hell is it a small risk???
      Say you trade a 5th round pick for him, and he turns out to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. How many fifth round players are that quality right away??? Very, very few. There's baggage with him, so what. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out but to give up a 5th for that potential would be smart.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        Say you trade a 5th round pick for him, and he turns out to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. How many fifth round players are that quality right away??? Very, very few. There's baggage with him, so what. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out but to give up a 5th for that potential would be smart.
        Image is a huge thing in the NFL and with Brett Favre gone, the Packers need to keep a positive image. Trading for Adam (I'll agree with Geo on this) Jones really tarnishes the name of the Packers. I would personally rather have a team with a good reputation than sign a head case.

Comment

Image is a huge thing in the NFL and with Brett Favre gone, the Packers need to keep a positive image. Trading for Adam (I'll agree with Geo on this) Jones really tarnishes the name of the Packers. I would personally rather have a team with a good reputation than sign a head case.
          The Packers brought in Koren Robinson and he turned his life around so that worked for the them. I don't think bringing in Adam Jones tranishes the franchise...why cause he's one player with a troublesome past??? I don't look at the Bears as a tarnished franchise because of what Tank Johnson did or even the Titans for what Adam Jones has done. There's two organizations that are greatly tarnished in this league and that's the Bengals and Raiders. What's wrong with taking a risk with ONE player when there's no other baggage on the team?

Comment

The Packers brought in Koren Robinson and he turned his life around so that worked for the them. I don't think bringing in Adam Jones tranishes the franchise...why cause he's one player with a troublesome past??? I don't look at the Bears as a tarnished franchise because of what Tank Johnson did or even the Titans for what Adam Jones has done. There's two organizations that are greatly tarnished in this league and that's the Bengals and Raiders. What's wrong with taking a risk with ONE player when there's no other baggage on the team?
            Adam Jones is not even close to the same level as Koren Robinson. And also when the Titans and Bears drafted their respective players, they knew they had some character flaws, but not to this extent. The Packers know full-well who Adam Jones is and by trading for them they will be looked down upon as a team that cares more about winning than keeping a clean, positive image.

Comment

Why the hell would the Packers care about the Cowboys??? Unless it is the Titans trying to drive up the offer, which if it is, there is no way to drive it up. He has little to no value until all of these fans seemed to forget the idiotic things that he has done and will continue to do.
              yeah I was talking about the Titans.

reports are out that they want TWO 4th rounders for Pacman, but were only offering a 6th or 7th/player. If there is another team going after him we'd be more inclined to increase the offer to what they want.

Comment

I actually think it would be a great gamble for the Packers. He would fit their defensive scheme well and if they can get him for a 5th or lower I think they should pull the trigger.

Comment

nobody should want pacman. He's just trouble.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I like how Packers fans just assume that Koren Robinson has turned his life around. Why? Becuase he told you? Because packers.com says so? Becuase he hasn't gotten a DUI going 80 down a busy intersection in a year? What the **** do you actually know of his real life and his moral choices to make any declaration whatsoever? Nothing. You know nothing.

Not to mention that Adam Jones has shown NO contrition whatsoever for what he has done. He still plays the victim card, he still makes jokes of the situation. He's a punk.

But the NFL is full of punk and thugs, so he'll get a job somewhere if not the Packers.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      I like how Packers fans just assume that Koren Robinson has turned his life around. Why? Becuase he told you? Because packers.com says so? Becuase he hasn't gotten a DUI going 80 down a busy intersection in a year? What the **** do you actually know of his real life and his moral choices to make any declaration whatsoever? Nothing. You know nothing.

Not to mention that Adam Jones has shown NO contrition whatsoever for what he has done. He still plays the victim card, he still makes jokes of the situation. He's a punk.

But the NFL is full of punk and thugs, so he'll get a job somewhere if not the Packers.
                      Actually there was a special on FOX during the playoffs that discussed Koren and his past struggle with alochol and the treatment that he went through. He is also on medication, and if he were to drink he would risk his health with having that medication in his system. He has the support of his wife and he also has a child and he wants to become a role model for him and not someone he sees on TV as a bad man and behind bars.

Comment

Actually there was a special on FOX during the playoffs that discussed Koren and his past struggle with alochol and the treatment that he went through. He is also on medication, and if he were to drink he would risk his health with having that medication in his system. He has the support of his wife and he also has a child and he wants to become a role model for him and not someone he sees on TV as a bad man and behind bars.
                        And? He's an alchoholic. Alchoholics risk their health every time they drink. Alchoholics also often have wives and children and want to be better people than they are. They can often function for years at a time before doing something wrong.

I legitimately hope that he does avoid drinking and that he doesn't drive drunk anymore. But I have no idea if that's actually happening and that he will, and as I said before, neither do you. We love to pretend like we actually know people we see on television, but all you can really judge them by is the facts in their life. Koren Robinson turning his life around is not a fact, it's an assumption, based off of very little.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'll believe that when I see it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            And? He's an alchoholic. Alchoholics risk their health every time they drink. Alchoholics also often have wives and children and want to be better people than they are. They can often function for years at a time before doing something wrong.

I legitimately hope that he does avoid drinking and that he doesn't drive drunk anymore. But I have no idea if that's actually happening and that he will, and as I said before, neither do you. We love to pretend like we actually know people we see on television, but all you can really judge them by is the facts in their life. Koren Robinson turning his life around is not a fact, it's an assumption, based off of very little.
                            It is unblieveable how negative you can be at times and no this is not a personal shot at you, but just confusion on how you act sometimes. For starters the NFL reinstated him, which says alot, because after all those problems they could've easily said see ya. Ted Thompson, someone who is big on image and bringing in quality people, gave him a chance in Green Bay and that says alot. Now, again, I know you're going to say, but Ted drafted him and all that **** about how he knows him from long ways back. Even Mr. Brett Favre had a discussion and gave him the pass to be on this team. The ultimate team man and the face of this franchise had given him the pass to be on this team; that may speak louder volumes than any of the previous. Koren also sees a doctor regularly where they check for liver enzymes. He has alot riding on this last chance; his life in the NFL, comfort for his wife and children, and his overall health, and I want to believe that he has turned that corner because very rarely in the life are we given that last chance and he's one who has seized that oppurtunity instead of abusing it. Please give the man some credit instead of bashing him in any way possible. Not everything has to be looked at in a negative light. Some people can change and can mature. Each case is independent of itself and in this one I see no reason why not to believe he's making progress because he hasn't shown me anything where he's not.

Comment

They will probably get him just so the cowboys dont

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                                They will probably get him just so the cowboys dont
                                But why the hell would the Packers be competing with the Cowboys???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information