X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owners vote to allow Defensive Communications

Per NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Essentially the same thing as with QB's, one defensive player is allowed a radio helmet, if that player leaves the game there's a designated #2.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

A bad DC could really **** up a team by calling a defensive audible right before a snap.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

yea, this is pretty stupid...the defensive captain or MLB or whatever should be the one's calling the audibles...

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        A bad DC could really **** up a team by calling a defensive audible right before a snap.
        I'm pretty sure it'll work just like the QB one does, which means it gets turned off at a certain point in the play clock (15 seconds, if I recall correctly).

I think this is a good move, but the logistics will definitely be more complicated than with the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          I'm pretty sure it'll work just like the QB one does, which means it gets turned off at a certain point in the play clock (15 seconds, if I recall correctly).

I think this is a good move, but the logistics will definitely be more complicated than with the offense.
          Well I didn't know that it gets turned off. But yeah, I really don't see this changing that much.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

its about time.

this is great for teams with smart MIKEs. so naturally im loving this idea.

Comment

I like it, don't know why it wasn't used before. If the offense can use it to send in plays the defense should be able to aswell.

Also the Patriots can't steal signals now.

Comment

it comes in good to call plays in the beggeining now players don't have to know sign language from the coaches.

I think the audibles will still be called by players unless a coach see something that a player doesn't right away.

Comment

ya i think this should be allowed. Defenses can have just as many plays as the offense sometimes. Should have been allowed a long time ago IMO.

Comment

It's about time this went in!

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I think it's a good idea. Another pro-defense ruling...quite strange.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Nice... is it gonna be the MLB/ILB for every team or does it vary?

Comment

I think a team can designate one defensive player and 1 or 2 alternates. The main defensive player has the headset, but if he is injured, the alternates' would be turned on.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                            I think it's a good idea. Another pro-defense ruling...quite strange.
                            yeah, so much for that whole "we want to increase scoring" hike theyve been on for a few years running now.

i like this rule, but who do you give teh radio to if your the DC? if your the bears who have a great everydown LB like urlacher, then it makes perfect sense to give it to him.

but what if your a team that doesnt? you have a bunch of garbagy nobodies there and none of them are guranteed to stay in on every play....do you maybe go safety? the d-lineman and some CBs are always swapping...

itll be interesting to see how teams do this anyway

Comment

I like it. Its about time too.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information