X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguars at the RB position...

Taylor, MJD, Jones...domination

Comment

No explanations like last year and a little tweaks. Granted this is before the Draft, but here goes:

Backfield (QB & RB) 1. Jacksonville Jaguars
      2. New England Patriots
      3. New Orleans Saints

Receivers (WR & TE) 1. Indianapolis Colts
      2. Cleveland Browns
      3. Jacksonville Jaguars

Offensive Line 1. Cleveland Browns
      2. New England Patriots
      3. Washington Redskins

Defensive Line 1. Chicago Bears
      2. San Diego Chargers
      3. Baltimore Ravens

Linebackers T-1. Dallas Cowboys
      T-1. Seattle Seahawks

3. Chicago Bears

Secondary (CB & S) 1. Indianapolis Colts
      2. Oakland Raiders
      3. Philadelphia Eagles

Special Teams 1. Chicago Bears
      2. Buffalo Bills
      3. Dallas Cowboys
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I usually agree with a lot of what you say Geo, but I am baffled at your WR/TE rankings that have the Jaguars at #3...

Jerry Porter-ok/good
        Reggie Williams- ok...getting good
        BIG DROP OFF

Comment

Northcutt can definitely play in the slot, Wrighster and Lewis at tight end is very good imo, and Mike Walker is developing. Matt Jones is getting cut, that opens the door for a more natural receiver.

Edit: Not Greg! Matt Jones is likely to be cut.
          Last edited by Geo; 04-03-2008, 11:41 PM.

Comment

why exactly do you put the bears so low on the LB list? seattle has 2 great starters in peterson and tatupu but im unaware of any good depth there...

and the cowboys, as mentioned earlier, have a lot of good solid bodies but nothing spectacular outside of ware.

id take the bears starters and the bears depth at LB over them any day and its not even homerism making me say taht.

Comment

I love Briggs and Urlacher is great too, but I'm not putting the Bears over the Seahawks and Cowboys when Hunter Hillenmeyer is the third starter, and those two teams go left to right in quality starters.

And I know know know Packers fans are going to say why the Bears and not the Packers? Because Urlacher > Barnett and Briggs > Hawk, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                Northcutt can definitely play in the slot, Wrighster and Lewis at tight end is very good imo, and Mike Walker is developing. Greg Jones is getting cut, that opens the door for a more natural receiver.
                yes, Northcutt can play the slot but so can matt jones and John Broussard and Troy Williamson and Mike Walker...etc; etc;...

Northcutt could find himself out of a job come June 1st...

Mike Walker is very raw, he will essentially be a rookie and he's still not 100% healthy...

I'm assuming you meant Matt Jones, and I do not believe he will be cut...they gave Reggie Williams four years to develop, I believe they will afford Jones the same opportunity...

but I'll agree that Marcedes Lewis and George Wrighster are a good one/two TE....

Comment

Oh yeah, I definitely meant Matt Jones. I'll be mildly surprised if he makes it through camp, I suppose.

I forgot about Williamson, though that's probably a sign.

Comment

so u r saying hunter hillenmeyer is no solid starter?

he is prolly the most underrated player on our roster

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                      so u r saying hunter hillenmeyer is no solid starter?

he is prolly the most underrated player on our roster
                      yeah for sure. i would be willing to bet hes the best 3rd linebacker on any team in football, and to have urlacher and briggs as the 1 and 2, how can you not claim that as the best trio?

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                        Browns at tight end, they have two guys that could start (Winslow and Heiden) and an excellent blocker in Dinkins.

Giants aren't bad there as well.
                        Easily Cowboys over Browns.

Witten, Fasano, Curtis was the most productive trio in the league.

Curtis is 3rd string and had 3 TD's

Comment

Get Dorsey or Ellis and I think you could say KC would have one of the better defensive lines in the league.

Comment

He said depth as well, not starters only...

QB: Pittsburgh Steelers
                            RB: Jacksonville Jaguars
                            WR: Green Bay Packers
                            TE: Chicago Bears
                            OL: Cleveland Browns

DL: New York Giants
                            LB: Dallas Cowboys
                            CB: Oakland Raiders
                            S: Minnesota Vikings

ST: Buffalo Bills

Comment

Yeah Cowboys best chance is probably TE. We know what Witten can do, Fasano is a great talent and could probably start for a few teams out there, and Tony Curtis surprised the hell out of me with some of the catches he pulled of this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                well, i my thinking was the the bucs like....4 backups would all be top backups on a of other teams.

and i might say the bears have LB down pat. hillenmeyer-urlacer-briggs makes for a great starting 3. jamar williams was slated to replace briggs if he left as a FA and he is highly touted by the coaching staff. Also, the drafted mike okwo last year and i hear he can play all 3 LB positions on the bears.

so i would be willing to wager that LB belongs to the bears
                                I guess it is just personal opinion as to which is better, but at least you can make quite a good comparison due to the nature of the defenses which are extremely similar.

I think depth wise, I prefer the Buccaneers because Quincy Black is a promising prototype cover linebacker and Hayward is relatively similar, plus Ryan Nece has played all 3 positions as starter during his career. I'm not sure whether the Bucs starting trio are as good though. Briggs and Urlacher together are a great combo and whilst Brooks and Ruud are great too, Urlacher's superiority over Ruud helps that slightly. I do however consider June superior to Hillenmeyer.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information