No announcement yet.

What team is the best at each position?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say that the Jaguars linebackers are starting to look really good...
    Daryl Smith
    Justin Durant
    Clint Ingram
    Mike Peterson
    Brent Hawkins
    Kenny Pettway

I wouldn't say the best, but pretty damn decent

Comment

I'll take the Packers OT over anyone else's. NE OTs got punked in the SB by the Giants, GB did not. If it is as a group, the OGs for GB don't hold up.
      GB starting CB combo fine, but no one was behind them. For this upcoming season, maybe Iggles given they picked up Samuel.
      Giants have the best D-Line.
      RB, the Vikings have AD and Taylor.
      I'll take the GB receivers if it is as a 5 deep group.
      LB would be the Bears, at least until the Packers' group shows what they can do this year with Chillar on the team.
      TE Cowboys.
      That leaves QB, if we're talking positions 1-3, and not just #1, then I'd take a team that has a decent starter and a proven back-up. NE and Indi both have back-ups that never hit the field. I'll go with TB as they all played, didn't they?
      The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

QB - Peyton Manning, Indianapolis
        RB - LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego
        FB - Justin Griffith, Oakland (homer, I would say Lorenzo Neal, but they cut him, if I am ignoring any FBs, let me know)
        WR - Randy Moss, New England
        TE - Jason Whitten, Dallas
        OL - New England
        DL - New York Giants
        LB - Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Hunter Hillenmeyer, Chicago
        CB - Nnamdi Asomugha & DeAngelo Hall, Oakland (homer)
        S - Ed Reed & Dawan Landry, Baltimore
        K - Jason Elam, Denver
        P - Shane Lectler, Oakland

Comment

Steelers not getting any love?

QB: Ben Roethlisberger + Charlie Batch
          RB: Willie Parker + Najeh Davenport + Mewelde Moore?

ILB we have a chance (Among 3-4 Teams) with Timmons, Foote, Farrior and Fox.

OLB We only have Harrison and Woodley. Though if we draft 1-2 guys I think that could vault us in the top 3 of LB's.

Steelers are struggling for depth everywhere but QB/RB so I guess that really excludes us from most of it...

DL = Packers?

3 Great Pass rushers. 4 Good to great DT's. Hell they traded a backup DT for a 2nd rounder..

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I'll take Sanders + Bethea - both 2007 Pro Bowlers - as the best safety tandem.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
              Sooo....this will probably be temporary with all the draft picks coming up...

QB - Pats, Colts
              RB - Vikings, Chargers
              FB - ?
              WR - Cowboys, Pats [still deep w/o Stallworth]
              TE - Chargers, Cowboys
              OL - Vikings, Packers, Browns
              DL - Vikings, Titans, Ravens
              LB - Bears, possibly the Seahawks
              CB - Raiders, Eagles
              S - ?
              K - Colts, Packers
              P - Raiders
              Special Teams - Bears, Browns
              Lechler is not the best punter in the league.....he plays in Oakland! Mr. Moorman has earned that honor imo playing in just about the worst conditions for a punter and still posting great numbers (altho he did have a down year last year. he nearly broke records the year before)
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

and while i am at it I will shout out the Bills ST, Bobby April has done an amazing job and should get HC looks imo. McGee and Parrish are threats to score every time they touch it and our coverage is amazing.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Lions could have a chance at WR... Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Mike Furrey and Shaun MacDonald are a solid group. Cardinals have a good shot too, with the Fitz and Anquan Boldin....

Running back it's fair to say Chargers and Vikes win that one. Offensive lines I'd say the Colts, Browns and Cowboys. Defensive backs... no clue.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I find it really strange that the Bucs and their 213472459823745 QB's are touted as the 'best' QB unit. If only one of them who wasn't 38 years old would show they can be the QB of the future. Simms, Gradkowski, McCown, Griese, hell, even Jake the Snake, I'm looking at you guys.

Comment

If things would have went a little different than we would have the best safety duo but now we just have the best long snapper in the league, Ethan Albright baby.
                      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

If ******* up is a position then the Saints pwn.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

I think the giants rank towards the top at RB, TE and DE. And we do have two former first overall picks at QB, even though Carr sucks.

Comment

I think the giants rank towards the top at RB, TE and DE. And we do have two former first overall picks at QB, even though Carr sucks. Not to mention two good FBs in Hedgecock and Finn coming back from injury.

Comment

Have people forgotten Michael Turner is now a Falcon? The Chargers have LDT but who's his backup the mighty midget darren sproles?

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                                I find it really strange that the Bucs and their 213472459823745 QB's are touted as the 'best' QB unit. If only one of them who wasn't 38 years old would show they can be the QB of the future. Simms, Gradkowski, McCown, Griese, hell, even Jake the Snake, I'm looking at you guys.
                                well my thinking on that was that you have a decent starter in garcia who was a pro bowler last year right?

then behind him you have like 4 guys as backups who could all be first backups with a lot of teams and some could even compete as starters maybe...

so i figured if you added up the potential value of them all, it would rank pretty high vs. most teams

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information