• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
    QBs- Jax, Pats
    RBs- Vikings, Giants, Jax
    IMHO Portis/Betts > Jacobs/Ward/Bradshaw

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
      One thing is for sure on paper Raiders take corner followed closely by the Eagles.
      not to be a homer but i can't let this one slide.
      Eagles have 3 probowl caliber players raiders have 2

Samuel, Sheppard, Brown > Asomugha, Hall, Washington

Comment

Bills for RB?

Lynch is a monster. Fast and strong.

Fred Jackson- He isnt as well know as the other good backups in the league, but he is very impressive. He is pretty big, but he is very elusive. Very underrated

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
          Bills for RB?

Lynch is a monster. Fast and strong.

Fred Jackson- He isnt as well know as the other good backups in the league, but he is very impressive. He is pretty big, but he is very elusive. Very underrated
          Good combo, but they're not even in the discussion.

Comment

i really like the ravens safety combo. reeds the man and landrys soon to be..

al harris and charles woodson are nice in greenbay too

Go Celtics
            Go Irish
            Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBone View Post
              Yup thats clearly a homer pick.

IMO it has to be the Pats.

Randy Moss got rated the #2 best WR of all time by ESPN and had maybe the best WR season in the history of the game this year?
              Wes Welker had over 100 catches, 1100 yards and 8 TD's (other than Jennings, Welker had the same amount of TD's as the next 3 best WR's for the Packers combine.)

Donte Stallworth is betetr at this point in his career than the #3 for the packers
              Jabar Gaffney > the packers #4

Randy Moss > Donald Driver
              Wes Welker > Greg Jennings
              Donte Stallworth > James Jones
              Jabar Gaffney > Koren Robinson

and this doesnt count RD1 pick Chad Jackson who has been hurt.

Its just clearly the Pats over anyone.
              Id take the pats WR's but the difference is very small IMO

It also has to do somewhat with how theyre used. Moss a lanky, fragile, deep threat and Driver a tough across the middle guy

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                not to be a homer but i can't let this one slide.
                Eagles have 3 probowl caliber players raiders have 2

Samuel, Sheppard, Brown > Asomugha, Hall, Washington
                no, i dont think the eagles CB are better.
                U have 2 of the Top 5 CBs on one team and 1 Top5 and maybe 1 top15 CB. Sheldon Brown might be better than washington, but the raiders are better, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                  Sooo....this will probably be temporary with all the draft picks coming up...

QB - Pats, Colts
                  RB - Vikings, Chargers
                  FB - ?
                  WR - Cowboys, Pats [still deep w/o Stallworth]
                  TE - Chargers, Cowboys
                  OL - Vikings, Packers, Browns
                  DL - Vikings, Titans, Ravens
                  LB - Bears, possibly the Seahawks
                  CB - Raiders, Eagles
                  S - ?
                  K - Colts, Packers
                  P - Raiders
                  Special Teams - Bears, Browns
                  Panthers have a HUGE case for wide receiver with Steve Smith and Mushin Muhummad both being probowlers when they last had a good QB throwing them the ball and Hackett rounding out the trio is imo on the Patriots level.

Comment

its not on the level of the Pats, not even close.

While Smith is a great WR, he is not as great as Moss. Muhsin lost a couple of steps and is not as good as he was. Hackett is a nice receiver but he and Moose are not even close to the level of Welker

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      Lechler is not the best punter in the league.....he plays in Oakland! Mr. Moorman has earned that honor imo playing in just about the worst conditions for a punter and still posting great numbers (altho he did have a down year last year. he nearly broke records the year before)
                      And let's not forget DJ Fitzpatrick on top of that. Dude's a baller.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBone View Post
                        Yup thats clearly a homer pick.

IMO it has to be the Pats.

Randy Moss got rated the #2 best WR of all time by ESPN and had maybe the best WR season in the history of the game this year?
                        Wes Welker had over 100 catches, 1100 yards and 8 TD's (other than Jennings, Welker had the same amount of TD's as the next 3 best WR's for the Packers combine.)

Donte Stallworth is betetr at this point in his career than the #3 for the packers
                        Jabar Gaffney > the packers #4

Randy Moss > Donald Driver
                        Wes Welker > Greg Jennings
                        Donte Stallworth > James Jones
                        Jabar Gaffney > Koren Robinson

and this doesnt count RD1 pick Chad Jackson who has been hurt.

Its just clearly the Pats over anyone.
                        you clearly have hate towards the Packers.

Moss is better then Driver but Welker being better then Jennings? and having Stallworth listed, when he no longer with the Pats? to top it off Gaffney being better then Robinson?

Welker hasnt proven he could be a good number two wide out in any offense, he has proven he could be a good short route runner who could get the yards after the catch, but this has been with Moss at number one and Stallworth at number two.

Jennings has shown he can burner and beat number 2 CB. Jennings has shown more and proven more then Welker.

I don't even need to mention Stallworth, he no longer with the Pats.

Gaffney hasn't done anything to be talked about or even mentioned. Robinson has been to the pro bowl before, and had a 1000 yard season in his career.

The Pats may have Moss, but everyone else are question marks and who knows how they would perform.

Moss>Driver
                        Welker Gaffney Jackson ...
                        Btw, Jackson is not a first round pick, and we traded down with the Pats allowing them to take Jackson, we later on took Jennings with their pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                          no, i dont think the eagles CB are better.
                          U have 2 of the Top 5 CBs on one team and 1 Top5 and maybe 1 top15 CB. Sheldon Brown might be better than washington, but the raiders are better, hands down.
                          Top 10 for Lito he is shutdown he shut down Randy Moss something that most couldn't do.

Comment

First off, i cant believe u guys are saying Jennings is proven in the NFL and Welker isnt...

Jennings had one great season and one good season. But WRs under Favre tend to be amazing . Welker had one amazing season (with Brady) but he also did fairly well with whoever was throwing it to him in Miami 2 years ago. To say Jennings is better than Welker is bullocks. Same level? Maybe Welker Better? Maybe. But dont say jennings is already great.

Lito Sheppard is injury prone which makes him top15 for me. He is kinda like Mike Brown for me. If Mike Brown is healthy, he is an amazing presence on the field for the bears. Unfortunately he never is healthy enough. And btw Moss was shut down a couple of times actually, and imo the reason for the bad game of moss wasnt only a great play by Lito but the incredible Pass Rush

Comment

Lito Sheppard is injury prone which makes him top15 for me. He is kinda like Mike Brown for me. If Mike Brown is healthy, he is an amazing presence on the field for the bears. Unfortunately he never is healthy enough. And btw Moss was shut down a couple of times actually
                              good point

Comment

its not on the level of the Pats, not even close.

While Smith is a great WR, he is not as great as Moss. Muhsin lost a couple of steps and is not as good as he was. Hackett is a nice receiver but he and Moose are not even close to the level of Welker
                                They might not be number one, but I don't think the distance is as far as you're trying to paint it.

Muhammad is and always has been a very capable receiver, I know as a Chicago fan this will be hard for you to accept but your quarterback situation is and always as been terrible. Regardless, when he's given a decent feed of passes thrown his way he's never dipped under 800 yards when playing a full 16 game schedule. Last year was his first time ever going under that mark when starting a full 16 game schedule.

Age isn't as big a factor as you might think either, receivers like Marvin Harrison, T.O., Joey Galloway, and Aamani Toomer are all similar in age and haven't dropped in production all that much over the last couple of years.

Welker managed to get over 1000, only just when Brady threw a record breaking offense to a 16 game winning streak. With defenses stacking against moss and a safety having to account at all times for Watson it would've been a serious crime for welker not to have had 1000 yards with that much talent on the field keeping defenses honest and that many passes flying around.

Hackett and Muhummad is a better tandem than Gaffney and Welker.

Moss and Smith is a whole other debate, Moss has a slight edge at the moment, even though last time Smith had a healthy QB for a season he got the triple crown. Something Randy Moss has never ever done in his career.

Right now I'd say New England has the edge but I don't think its much of one. The difference is more offensive line play and stability at the QB position.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information