No announcement yet.

Jonathan Ogden retires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are really forgetting Jared Gaither. We took him so he could be JO's replacement. The FO was anticipating the retirement, so it won't really change anyone's plans.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

They were, but Gaither is unbelievably raw. He wont be ready next year...but Clady might not be either!

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        Jared Gaither will start at LT next year, or Adam Terry and Gaither at RT. I dont think they go tackle in the first. QB and some of their dline, secondardy, and linebackers to me are bigger needs then tackle.
        Exactly what I'm saying. We have a replacement already on the roster!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
          They were, but Gaither is unbelievably raw. He wont be ready next year...but Clady might not be either!
          If Gaither entered the draft this year, they would be the same level. But Gaither was still able to get at least one year under his belt already, so he's ahead of Clady in terms of experience.

Comment

Gathier was picked late in the 5th round of that draft. I was just wondering if he was a first round caliber LT, he would have went higher. That's my thinking at least. At least ahead of Paul Oliver.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Ravens have Terry and Gaither who will likely battle for the Tackle spots not to mention Marshall Yanda who they took in the 3rd last year who also started a few games at Tackle last year. Tackle depth will be addressed in the draft but this by no means changes our plans for Day 1. This was an anticipated move by Ogden and will not come as a surprise to the Ravens. To think this changes anything is ridiculous.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I don't think this impacts their draft plans. Most indications have been that they've been planning for Ogden's retirement, and as such, OT was always a rumored possibility. Yanda may be better off inside long run, Gaither is an unknown, and they are very lukewarm on Terry right now, it seems (and Terry's contract is done after 2009).

Now that said, they also recently suggested that, if Gaither was in the draft, he'd be a 2nd round pick. That seems like a strong signal of sorts. My best guess, though, is that, barring immense tackle value, they'll pass in the first 2 rounds, with the idea of Gaither at LT and Yanda at RT, but that they might select someone in the 4th/5th round, perhaps a Kirk Barton that could come in and challenge at RT sooner than later.

Comment

wow Sapp, Favre, and Ogden to Canton the same year, that will be a great year.

Comment

This really helps the DL's of the AFC North. But to be honest Ogden has allready lost alot in his game and IMO was the 3rd best LT in the north behind Levi Jones and Joe Thomas. I think everyone and their grandma exspected Ogden to hang them up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                      thats what they said about Ugoh last year.
                      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

ravens should be lookin for a tackle in the draft.
                        who do we got..terry, gaither, and yanda....id love anthony collins from kansas to compete for a spot

Go Celtics
                        Go Irish
                        Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2
                          Not necessarily. Sirius radio is usually a little ahead of the game. Most news I get, comes out on Sirius radio and then I get a link a few hours later from ESPN because ESPN is terrible.
                          Popping off something on radio and writing up an article are two separate processes, let alone an article about the retirement of a future Hall of Famer.

In radio, the producer just tells the broadcaster what to say, and the personality does his thing. In articles, the writer gets told the story, and he writes it up while having to make sure what he says is true; no saying "Well, Ogden's been to what, 7 Pro Bowls?", etc. Then, it gets edited and then released. Thats why links are much more credible than word of mouth from radio broadcasts.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBone View Post
                            This really helps the DL's of the AFC North. But to be honest Ogden has allready lost alot in his game and IMO was the 3rd best LT in the north behind Levi Jones and Joe Thomas. I think everyone and their grandma exspected Ogden to hang them up this year.
                            Actually my grandma was predicting a Pro Bowl year from Ogden.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                              Actually my grandma was predicting a Pro Bowl year from Ogden.
                              Everyone in the world predicted a pro bowl year for Ogden. Why? Because hes been there the last 8 plus years and it might be his last chance. That has nothing to do with the injuries that have greatly slowed down his production.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                Popping off something on radio and writing up an article are two separate processes, let alone an article about the retirement of a future Hall of Famer.

In radio, the producer just tells the broadcaster what to say, and the personality does his thing. In articles, the writer gets told the story, and he writes it up while having to make sure what he says is true; no saying "Well, Ogden's been to what, 7 Pro Bowls?", etc. Then, it gets edited and then released. Thats why links are much more credible than word of mouth from radio broadcasts.
                                That's not entirely accurate, a producer designs the timeslots and what stories make the news or the agenda. The actual talent (reader) writes their own script (most of the time) and has a fact checker check it.

If you've only just graduated as a journalist your low level starting job is usually as a fact checker followed then by a low level editing job before reporting and then editing and then finally producing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information