Best player to wear the number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
    I agree, but 75 has some competition, see above.
    yeah a lot of greats wore that number.

but only Deacon is without question, at worst the top 2 at his position with that number.

Guys like Greene, Ogden, you can make arguments for 2 ppl ahead of them at their position all time. But Deacon is without question, at the very worst the 2nd best DE of all time.

And he is also one of the most influential players of all time, and probably the 2nd greatest defender of all time after Lawrence Taylor. The rest get honorable mention, but its gotta go to Deacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

but only Deacon is without question, at worst the top 2 at his position with that number.

Guys like Greene, Ogden, you can make arguments for 2 ppl ahead of them at their position all time. But Deacon is without question, at the very worst the 2nd best DE of all time.

And he is also one of the most influential players of all time, and probably the 2nd greatest defender of all time after Lawrence Taylor. The rest get honorable mention, but its gotta go to Deacon.
      Not that I am totally rooting for Greene because it is questionable, but what DT was more important to there defense than Greene?? What DT has made a bigger impact?? And I'm assuming you are putting White ahead of Deacon??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by NJ_J_Witt_fan View Post
        Urlacher is the man but u def can not put him over Randy White..... 9 time probowler....8times all pro..... 1000+ tackles..... 100+ sacks...... co- superbowl mvp
        well he was being a homer...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I completely agree with you here Deacon is the best to wear #75.

Originally posted by terribletowel39
          Not that I am totally rooting for Greene because it is questionable, but what DT was more important to there defense than Greene?? What DT has made a bigger impact?? And I'm assuming you are putting White ahead of Deacon??
          I know you aren't asking me but an arguement can be made for Alan Page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
            I know you aren't asking me but an arguement can be made for Alan Page.
            Yea but thats an arguement for the #1 spot. Deacon, according to BBD, is #2.

Deacon:
            8x Pro Bowl selection (1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1972)
            8x All-Pro selection (1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1972)
            NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team
            NFL 1960s All-Decade Team
            1967 George S. Halas Trophy
            1968 George S. Halas Trophy

Greene:
            10x Pro Bowl selection (1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1979)
            11x All-Pro selection (1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979)
            NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team
            NFL 1970s All-Decade Team
            1969 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
            2x NFL Defensive Player of the Year (1972, 1974)
            2x George S. Halas Trophy (1972, 1974)

Now remember I'm just saying it isn't hands down Jones. Long has to get consideration as well. Granted I don't think it is as high as Jones and Greene. And maybe the edge goes to Jones for being drafted in the way way later rounds as opposed to Greene who was first round.

Comment

• No you got it all wrong what BBD said is Deacon is arguably the G.O.A.T. at DE and at worst #2 greatest DE(IMO Deacon=G.O.A.T.).

For the other people wearing #75 they are good players but the same can't be said definitively. That with how much of an influence Deacon had on the game makes him the best to wear #75.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                No you got it all wrong what BBD said is Deacon is arguably the G.O.A.T. at DE and at worst #2 greatest DE(IMO Deacon=G.O.A.T.).

For the other people wearing #75 they are good players but the same can't be said definitively. That with how much of an influence Deacon had on the game makes him the best to wear #75.
                Eh...I'll let other folks vote, it's too close for me to make the decision. Is there another number that is this hard??

Comment

• Having Deion Sanders at #37 is a joke, right? He wore it for like 1 season at the end of his career. Not sure who wore the # before my lifetime, but in the modern era it has to go to Shaun Alexander or Rodney Harrison.
                  Last edited by Seanhawk; 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Deacon > Greene

IMO.

Comment

• 27 is eddie george yall

Go Celtics
                      Go Irish
                      Go Ravens

Comment

• Woah, now. LT on the same level as Sanders? No, that's just flat out wrong. LT should not be on the list, and Sanders should have 21. LT is a great player, don't get me wrong, but you've got to go with THE (as in one) best at every number, no sharing here.

Sanders is the best football player of all time. Best CB ever, best returner ever (except maybe Hester, but that's jumping the gun), and a reliable receiver when in the game.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I had an epiphany.

The pass-rush is all about getting sacks, right?

Who invented the term 'sacking the QB?' that's right... David 'Deacon' Jones.

Essentially, the first DE who sacked... #75. That IMO makes him the winner.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                            Sanders is the best football player of all time. Best CB ever, best returner ever (except maybe Hester, but that's jumping the gun), and a reliable receiver when in the game.
                            d. sanders or barry sanders was the best football player of all time.
                            i dont know really its too close for me.
                            Last edited by lordquas; 04-07-2008, 05:20 PM. Reason: name confusion

Go Celtics
                            Go Irish
                            Go Ravens

Comment

• d. sanders or barry sanders was the best football player of all time.
                              i dont know really its too close for me.

barry sanders was not the best football player of all time lol. Maybe you were being sarcastic?

Comment

• Since there is noone at 91 I vote Will Smith.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information