No announcement yet.

Best player to wear the number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no way on God's earth that Chad Johnson should be on that list. Nick Buoniconti is a HOF and one of the best MLBs to ever play the game. Chad Johnson is a borderline top 5 WR during his era. It's not even close how much more deserving Nick is the Chad. This needs to be switched ASAP.

Also, Stephen Davis at number 48??? Come on man, Moose Johnston. He is the reason Emmitt Smith has the rushing record.

What was Stephen Davis? He played for only 10 years, and was a late bloomer. He had 8,000 career rushing yards and a very average 4 YPC. He was a 3 time Pro Bowl selection. As far as runningbacks goes. Davis had a very average career with just a couple really good years.

Moose Johnston was one of the best pass catching fullbacks ever as well be being what many consider to be the best blocking fullback of all time. He was a 2 time Pro Bowl selection and is considered one of the 5 best at his position all time.

Moose should definately be there ahead of Stephen Davis. and Nick Buoniconti should be there ahead of Chad Johnson.

Comment

• Mike Vick > John Elway jk

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Lamarr Woodley - 56

No question!

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          Faulk, IMO, is a top five RB of all time. I'll take that over a top ten CB.
          Payton
          Sanders
          Brown
          Smith
          Campbell

Which is Faulk better than?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
            Moose should definately be there ahead of Stephen Davis. and Nick Buoniconti should be there ahead of Chad Johnson.
            And Jack Youngblood should be there ahead of Buoniconti, but I'd take Buoniconti over Chad Johnson.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

• One last thing, and I'll leave this thread for a while...how could anyone rate Bruce Matthews ahead of Merlin Olsen all-time? Merlin Olsen is definitely a Top 3 and possibly the best DT of all-time.

Comment

• Ernie Stautner should still be on this list.

* 9x Pro Bowl selection (1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961)
                * 10x All-Pro selection (1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961)
                * 2x Super Bowl champion (VI, XII)
                * 1957 Pro Bowl MVP
                * Pittsburgh Steelers #70 retired
                * NFL 1950s All-Decade Team

Rayfield Wright.
                * 6x Pro Bowl selection (1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976)
                * 6x All-Pro selection (1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976)
                * 2x Super Bowl champion (VI, XII)
                * NFL 1970s All-Decade Team
                * 1972 NFLPA NFC Offensive-lineman of the Year
                * Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor

Sorry I'll take the 10 Time All-Pro Tackle..
                Last edited by Mr. Stiller; 04-13-2008, 05:59 PM.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                  Once again, I'm lobbying for all of these players (I think 3 of them are on the list already).
                  I told you what to do if you want a player's name changed, I don't have all night to go through your list for you to see if they're worthy of unseating someone up there.

Comment

• maybe smith just because he had the best line out of the bunch and if you look at some of their games he isn't touched untill hes like 4-5 yards past the line of scrimmage
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

• thats a reply to dam8610
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information