No announcement yet.

First of the power rankings out, pre-draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing I worry about San Diego is .... LaDainian Tomlinson, shockingly enough. He is going to be 29 years old and has had more touches than just about anyone else. If he slows down, even if he still is productive, that will hurt the San Diego offense.

Comment

Thats my thing with san diego too. But if they keep a good line in front of him I think he should be fine. Or...
      They might get caught in an Atlanta Falcons situation. They traded Schaub and then Vick goes to jail. I doubt LT goes to jail, but if he isnt productive next year then all they have behind him is the 190 pound Darren Sproles

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I think AJ Smith will take a RB fairly early this year. They need to reduce Tomlinson's workload to keep him productive as the years go by.

Comment

The guy has no clue about the Broncos. While they aren't great, they aren't that bad.
          27. Denver Broncos (7-9) - Some might be shocked to see the Broncos ranked so low. Well, they haven't done anything to improve on their 7-9 record. In fact, they've gotten a lot worse. How? Where do I begin?

1Brandon Marshall's hurt. 2Javon Walker's gone. 3Matt Lepsis has retired. 4The offensive tackles are inexperienced. 5The center was horrendous with the Chiefs last year. 6There is still no pass rush. 7There is still no one who can stop the run. 8Boss Bailey sucks. Keary Colbert sucks even more. Jamie Winborn sucks more than both combined. 9D.J. Williams is still playing out of position. 10John Lynch is still starting at 36. 11Jason Elam is a Falcon. 12Chris Myers is a Texan. And Mike Shanahan's face will get more ruddy by the minute.
          1. Brandon Marshall will be fine by the start of the regular season
          2. Javon Walker hardly played last year and his knees seem to be pretty much shot
          3. Lepsis was one of the worst LT's last year because of his injury that he never fully recovered from
          4. While he isn't that great, Erik Pears has started 2 straight years. Thats a far cry from being inexperienced. Chris Kuper, the guy who is supposedly in line for a tackle job, started some last year. And besides, inexperience sure didn't hurt the Chargers with their OL now did it?
          5. I guess its a good thing Tom Nalen is the starting center then, right? Because Weigman was only signed for veteran depth.
          6. Which is why the Broncos spent 3 picks last year on the DL and they are developing the pass rush. Gotta see how Moss, Crowder and Thomas develop. Finally a somewhat true statement though because they do need help in the pass rush.
          7. The biggest problem, mainly because the Broncos have no one at DT besides Marcus Thomas.
          8. My, what analysis to just say 3 guys suck! Boss might not be the greatest LB, but the Broncos sure as hell aren't expecting him to be a Pro Bowler. Same with Keary Colbert, who will probably be a somewhat decent #2 WR in Denver. Jamie Winborn is a backup, so that comment is stupid to bring up.
          9. DJ Williams is going to go back to playing the weak side position, the position he played his rookie year and excelled at.
          10. While I believe Lynch should have retired, he can still play effectively when healthy. Nothing great, but he also provides great veteran leadership that hopefully transpires to help develop some youngsters the Broncos have.
          11. I hated losing Elam, but **** happens. Maybe the Broncos will get lucky and hit on a rookie kicker though.
          12. Meyers was a decent OL, but nothing spectacular. He probably would be a backup if he was still here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            I think AJ Smith will take a RB fairly early this year. They need to reduce Tomlinson's workload to keep him productive as the years go by.
            Well, they didn't reduce Tomlinson's workload when Michael Turner was on the roster, LDT had more than the lion's share in that regard.

Also, Michael Turner was a late 5th round pick in 2004, and Darren Sproles was a late 4th round pick in 2005. I could very well seein them continuing along that trend by waiting until later on and picking someone up this year too, not to mention they've got Germaine Race and maybe someone else on the roster as possible considerations.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              We actually had Ross as safety several times during the regular season as well. But everytime you see that, its primarily zone coverage, probably a zone blitz. So while superficially he's playing "safety" its no different from playing zone defense as a CB for him either. We rarely ran that in base formations as well, primarily on obvious passing plays.

Ugh, unfortunately i heard about that, i just hate James Butler. He's terrible. Sammy Knight is also a heady safety so hopefully he'll take over that role as the guy who lines everyone up back there. Then we can use Johnson more, or whoever we draft. Im just not a fan of James Butler at all. Physically, there is nothing he does well at all. Nothing. Its like having 10 guys on the field when he's in there.

That's true about Ross, he basically is in zone hanging out there reading # 2 or #3 nothing to fancy.

LOL. Yeah Butler was playing injured as well, and interesting to see how he progresses this year. I'll be interested to see that, now what he had consistent playing time. If he doesn't get any better after this year, I would agree with you, in something has to be done.

LOL. He isn't that bad, he does show some flashes, but i want to see him healthy and play another year before making up my decision on him.

Comment

Giants need to strongly keep an eye on safety this Draft and UDFA afterwards even, they completely suck at the position.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  Giants need to strongly keep an eye on safety this Draft and UDFA afterwards even, they completely suck at the position.
                  While there is need for improvement, I am sure we can hide it with a good pass rush. Hopefully our younger guys can develop, Butler, and Johnson. Knight may not be there physically where he once was, but I am sure he can get the other guys in position to make plays.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                    The guy has no clue about the Broncos. While they aren't great, they aren't that bad.

1. Brandon Marshall will be fine by the start of the regular season
                    2. Javon Walker hardly played last year and his knees seem to be pretty much shot
                    3. Lepsis was one of the worst LT's last year because of his injury that he never fully recovered from
                    4. While he isn't that great, Erik Pears has started 2 straight years. Thats a far cry from being inexperienced. Chris Kuper, the guy who is supposedly in line for a tackle job, started some last year. And besides, inexperience sure didn't hurt the Chargers with their OL now did it?
                    5. I guess its a good thing Tom Nalen is the starting center then, right? Because Weigman was only signed for veteran depth.
                    6. Which is why the Broncos spent 3 picks last year on the DL and they are developing the pass rush. Gotta see how Moss, Crowder and Thomas develop. Finally a somewhat true statement though because they do need help in the pass rush.
                    7. The biggest problem, mainly because the Broncos have no one at DT besides Marcus Thomas.
                    8. My, what analysis to just say 3 guys suck! Boss might not be the greatest LB, but the Broncos sure as hell aren't expecting him to be a Pro Bowler. Same with Keary Colbert, who will probably be a somewhat decent #2 WR in Denver. Jamie Winborn is a backup, so that comment is stupid to bring up.
                    9. DJ Williams is going to go back to playing the weak side position, the position he played his rookie year and excelled at.
                    10. While I believe Lynch should have retired, he can still play effectively when healthy. Nothing great, but he also provides great veteran leadership that hopefully transpires to help develop some youngsters the Broncos have.
                    11. I hated losing Elam, but **** happens. Maybe the Broncos will get lucky and hit on a rookie kicker though.
                    12. Meyers was a decent OL, but nothing spectacular. He probably would be a backup if he was still here.
                    wow...there's nothing wrong with the broncos... all is good! Awesome. Good luck on that superbowl run then.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Happy to see the chargers at #1 but it might be stretching it a little...

Comment

This section displays why ranking are dumb right now, and also that this guy has some strange opinions.

"...but the Rams lack a pass rush, dominant linebackers (Brandon Chillar signed with Green Bay) and a second receiver..."

Issues:
                        The Rams are definitely taking a DE in the 1st or 2nd round.
                        He seems to be implying that Chillar was dominant.......most definitely not, average/slightly above average.
                        The Rams have a 2nd WR. I know Drew Bennett isn't spectacular, but for a 2nd WR he is alright. They need a 3rd WR, not a 2nd, and they are taking a WR anyways.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          The thing I worry about San Diego is .... LaDainian Tomlinson, shockingly enough. He is going to be 29 years old and has had more touches than just about anyone else. If he slows down, even if he still is productive, that will hurt the San Diego offense.
                          Shiver, Shiver, Shiver. I give you permission to banish your doubt. LT will beast it up this year, just like always. Not to mention he'll finally have a complete passing attack next to him (Gates, Chambers and Jackson, finally.) and an improved O-line. LT is just too driven to let himself be a weak link, or anything less than the strongest link.

He might be 29 but he's never taken big hits and this is his first real injury, and it's one that he will be completely recovered from.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            He's got a lot of confidence is Aaron Rodgers to put that Packers that hight. I hope he's right.
                            Let me just remind people of a couple of things about the Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers.

1. Once upon a time, Aaron Rodgers was considered to be a potential first overall pick. FIRST OVERALL!!!!!!
                            2. In the short amount of playing time Rodgers had this past season, he looked pretty good.
                            3. What position are the Green Bay Packers weak? Cornerback? I can think of maybe four teams in the NFL with starting cornerbacks as good or better.

People assume that because they went 13-3 with Brett Favre that they can't possibly do that well without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              r.

People assume that because they went 13-3 with Brett Favre that they can't possibly do that well without him.
                              Yeah, what is wrong with those people who expect decline when a Hall of Fame living legend QB retires?

I think the Pack will be a good team but I've got the Vikings slotted as the NFC North champions right now, but I go back and forth. I'm just high on Tarvaris Jackson's ability to mature and grow as a QB...and some guy named Adrian Peterson might have something to say.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                                Shiver, Shiver, Shiver. I give you permission to banish your doubt. LT will beast it up this year, just like always. Not to mention he'll finally have a complete passing attack next to him (Gates, Chambers and Jackson, finally.) and an improved O-line. LT is just too driven to let himself be a weak link, or anything less than the strongest link.

He might be 29 but he's never taken big hits and this is his first real injury, and it's one that he will be completely recovered from.
                                I don't doubt LaDainian Tomlinson's drive. Curtis Martin was the same way, which is why he was productive as long as he was; however, once you hit 29, 30, etc., at the RB position your production takes a hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information