No announcement yet.

First of the power rankings out, pre-draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont know when these came out but yahoo.com has had theirs out since March 24.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by luee View Post
      Some cred to the champs, none for the chefs. Why are the chargers ranked one, Norv Turner? Opinions.

http://www.walterfootball.com/analysis.php
      Why the hell should they? You do know they had the third worst record in the league last year

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
        Yeah, what is wrong with those people who expect decline when a Hall of Fame living legend QB retires?

I think the Pack will be a good team but I've got the Vikings slotted as the NFC North champions right now, but I go back and forth. I'm just high on Tarvaris Jackson's ability to mature and grow as a QB...and some guy named Adrian Peterson might have something to say.
        Jackson doesn't even need to be a playmaker, he just needs to NOT mess up. He's got a good O-line, a phenomenal running game and a good bunch of receivers (Berrian/Rice isn't bad). All he needs to do is not f**k up. I'm just hopin he can do that. Essentially if he's not mediocre, Vikes win the division.

Packers will be good, I'm confident Aaron Rodgers is more than able to lead them, however with Lord Favre gone, the passing game will command less respect from defenses, which in turn will put more pressure on Ryan Grant.

In short: the bears are in trouble, a sub-par O-line, Grossman/Orton @ QB, Cedric Benson at RB and their receiving tandem is Lloyd and Booker with the X-Factor being the Devin Hester experiment. Defensively it seems they are still good but that offense will just KILL that defense.

The Lions, well not much there either. Coletto is largely unknown but certainly will bring some balance to this team. However, there's nobody at running back save Tatum Bell (which isn't much). As far as the O-line situation goes, we re-signed Foster, that's about all you need to know. Defensively, it's a different situation, we lost Shaun Rogers but gained a CB in Leigh Bodden, who is pretty good. Which makes our secondary less bad (but still pretty awful). Linebacker? We have nobody at MIKE and we lost Boss Bailey (who, incidentially, SUCKED). I think we're just good enough to beat out the bears for third place, although not by much.

In short:

1. Vikes (if Jackson doens't f**k up) or the Pack (if Jackson does F**k up)
        2. Packers (see above)
        3. Lions (by a hair, we're just not very good, at least Millen will get fired *crosses fingers*)
        4. Bears, they need to rebuild, starting in the trenches.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Maybe this is just homerism, but I really see the division as ours to lose next year. Our team is good at every position, while the Vikings are one dimensional offensively and defensively. Calling Berrian and Rice a good WR group is being very generous. They are young and probably will improve but they aren't there yet. We are also better coached and you credit MN with having a great running game but fail to acknowledge that ours was one of the best since Grant started.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
            The Rams have a 2nd WR. I know Drew Bennett isn't spectacular, but for a 2nd WR he is alright. They need a 3rd WR, not a 2nd, and they are taking a WR anyways.
            Eh, I don't even like Bennett as a third receiver, to be honest. They vastly overpaid for him, I hated that signing since day one.

I think the Rams could be very well served picking up a receiver in the Draft to develop, especially as they also have the constant headache of Torry Holt's knee(s). Maybe a Mario Manningham in the 2nd round, or say Keenan Burton in the 4th, I think he will make for a very good mid-round draft pick.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
              Maybe this is just homerism, but I really see the division as ours to lose next year.
              Let's see the Packers not get swept by the Bears before saying the division is their's to lose imo.

Comment

You can say the same about the Packers sweeping the Vikings...except it's actually relevant because those are the 2 teams we were talking about competing.

Edit: Also I should probably say that one of those games was a complete joke. Brett Favre called it the worst conditions he'd ever played in and that he'd be lucky to complete a pass. Brett Favre. The guy who played roughly 136 games in northern Wisconsin, plus a bunch of playoff games hadn't seen worse conditions.
                Last edited by umphrey; 04-08-2008, 04:18 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I'm picking the Bears to win the North in 08, actually.

Their defense is healthy again.

Comment

Maybe this is just homerism, but I really see the division as ours to lose next year. Our team is good at every position, while the Vikings are one dimensional offensively and defensively. Calling Berrian and Rice a good WR group is being very generous. They are young and probably will improve but they aren't there yet. We are also better coached and you credit MN with having a great running game but fail to acknowledge that ours was one of the best since Grant started.
                    Saying it's the packers division to lose is being generous at the moment. I wouldn't say it is either's division to lose at the moment but rather its a toss up between the two. The Vikings certianly have questions on both sides of the ball with the passing game but the packers aren't with out their fair share of question marks as well.

1.How good will Aaron Rodgers be in his first year?
                    Obviously Aaron Rodgers is a big question mark, he will have an adjustement to being a starter I say he will be a good NFL QB the in 2009.

2. How good will the running game be?
                    Second question mark has partly to do with Aaron Rodgers, yes they were good at the end of last year. However Brett Favre had a pretty big affect on that he and the passing game opened up the running lanes for Ryan Grant. Now that the defenses should be focusing more to stop the run we will see how good they really are.

3. How good is that O-line really?
                    Next question mark and this is a minor one, I think they have a good group and a very good pair of OT's. But how much did Brett Favre and his great pocket presence/quick release have to do with that we will see. I think the O-line was a pretty big reason for some of the failure of the running game early in the year and then when teams figured that the pack had a great pass attack they sold out to stop that and the running lanes opened.

4. Will we see a drop off in Woodson and Harris's play?
                    Again I think this is a minor ? as I don't see it happening. Although we already saw it a little bit with Al Harris who got abused by a couple of the bigger WR's in the league Terrel Owens and Plaxico Buress.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      I'm picking the Bears to win the North in 08, actually.

Their defense is healthy again.
                      Their offense is dreadful, they have a crap receiving corps, a slow running back and an aging O-Line. Sure their D is solid, but they'll be on the field so much they'll either dead tired or injured by the time the season comes to an end.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                        1.How good will Aaron Rodgers be in his first year?
                        2. How good will the running game be?
                        3. How good is that O-line really?
                        4. Will we see a drop off in Woodson and Harris's play?
                        You do bring up valid questions about Green Bay, but I'll take those over the Vikings any day. You look at our team and you're looking at places where you're questioning where we'll get worse, and you look at the Vikings and you're questioning where they will get better, which is where the statement of "our division to lose" comes from.

1. Rodgers has shown a lot of potential, I think this is more of a question of consistency and health which he hasn't shown.
                        2. Ours was one of the best since Grant started, like you said a lot of this hinges on Rodgers but even a moderate dropoff from what we did at the end of last year puts us at average - it would take a big turnaround to make this a weakness.
                        3. It's improving from the center and getting old at the tackles. Otherwise same answer as the running game.
                        4. Probably, but most people said we had the best CB combo in the league last year, and while they may start to age the dropoff can't be that huge in 1 year. Plus depth is a little better this year even before the draft.

I agree with Addict. I expect the Bears defensive unit to play totally different this year (way better) but their offense is just awful and Hester can only return so many kicks in a year. They don't even have a game manager at QB, they have someone who can potentially flat out lose them games sometimes and his surrounding cast is poor in almost every aspect.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

You do bring up valid questions about Green Bay, but I'll take those over the Vikings any day. You look at our team and you're looking at places where you're questioning where we'll get worse, and you look at the Vikings and you're questioning where they will get better, which is where the statement of "our division to lose" comes from.

1. Rodgers has shown a lot of potential, I think this is more of a question of consistency and health which he hasn't shown.
                          2. Ours was one of the best since Grant started, like you said a lot of this hinges on Rodgers but even a moderate dropoff from what we did at the end of last year puts us at average - it would take a big turnaround to make this a weakness.
                          3. It's improving from the center and getting old at the tackles. Otherwise same answer as the running game.
                          4. Probably, but most people said we had the best CB combo in the league last year, and while they may start to age the dropoff can't be that huge in 1 year. Plus depth is a little better this year even before the draft.

I agree with Addict. I expect the Bears defensive unit to play totally different this year (way better) but their offense is just awful and Hester can only return so many kicks in a year. They don't even have a game manager at QB, they have someone who can potentially flat out lose them games sometimes and his surrounding cast is poor in almost every aspect.
                          It really doesn't matter a Question mark is a question mark and when you go from one of the best QBs to lace em up to a unproven guy the team will likely get worse how much is yet to be decided we will find out I would still say it's a toss up. I still wouldn't count out the Bears as they have been brought up. I have no doubts if healthy their defense will be damn good. If they do some good scouting and get some Offensive linemen that can come in an play well right away and if Cedric Benson breaks out they will be in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                            It really doesn't matter a Question mark is a question mark and when you go from one of the best QBs to lace em up to a unproven guy the team will likely get worse how much is yet to be decided we will find out I would still say it's a toss up. I still wouldn't count out the Bears as they have been brought up. I have no doubts if healthy their defense will be damn good. If they do some good scouting and get some Offensive linemen that can come in an play well right away and if Cedric Benson breaks out they will be in the mix.
                            that's a big if. The only thing he did last year was break down.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Mike Ditka won't let the bears be terrible now that they have some talent on D. If it gets back he'll lead a coup against Lovie smith and the bears D will win enough games for the bears to win the division, plus I'm hoping all of the top lineman are gone in the first so the bears can grab Mendenhall and let him and hester run the offense. They're the bears, they don't need offense they just need crazy Ditka watching.

Comment

So the Titans drop from a playoff team to bottom half of the league because they didn't sign any big name receivers? I don't see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information