First of the power rankings out, pre-draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First of the power rankings out, pre-draft

Some cred to the champs, none for the chefs. Why are the chargers ranked one, Norv Turner? Opinions.

http://www.walterfootball.com/analysis.php
    Eli rules!

That is stupid, to even do a ranking before the draft.... Giants didnt do anything last year (maybe signing a LB) and still won the SB

On the bright side, with Brian Griese gone, there will be no quarterback controversy. Then again, you can't have a quarterback controversy if you have no quarterbacks.

Dumb....Orton?
    Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 04-08-2008, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Al Davis: Yawn... it's morning already? How long was I out for?

Assistant: Two years, sir. Do you want to look at the free agent list?

Al Davis: Sure! Whoa! Javon Walker's available!? Let's sign him!

Assistant: Umm... sir, I don't think that's a good idea... See, he's coming off an...

Al Davis: I'm calling up his agent right now! Let's make him such a huge deal that he won't even leave this city without signing! How's a $55 million contract sound?

Assistant: Not too good sir...

Al Davis: You're right! Let's make it $66 million!

Assistant: No sir! Don't do it!!! Noooo!!!!
      LMAO :D Now thats good stuff

But pretty pointless to even do it right now....I dont know about having Green bay #5 ahead of us with a QB who has never started a game...yes he could be good, but I wouldnt them in front of good teams with proven qb's already.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Pretty fair assessment of the Bills, right in the middle of the pack.

Comment

All I have to say is the Al Davis thing is hilarious.
          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

W00t w00t. Can't be denied, a healthy Charger team rolling like it was by the end of last year has a huge chance of taking it all. Thank you, utterly pointless way-too-far-in-advance power ranking!

Comment

He's got a lot of confidence is Aaron Rodgers to put that Packers that hight. I hope he's right.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

yeah its way too early for one of these. i agree on his assessment of the Giants, our only key departure was Gibril, and our run wasn't just luck.

But disagree with some others. Dallas should be much higher. The biggest addition they made was Zach Thomas. That team desperately needed veteran leadership, particularly on defense, and Thomas brings them just that. Thats huge, every team needs that one guy.

I agree on San Diego as well, but one thing holding me back is, how healthy will Phillip Rivers be starting the season? It took McNabb until week 8/9 before he became himself again. If Rivers has to wait awhile before hes back, i don't like their chances.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  yeah its way too early for one of these. i agree on his assessment of the Giants, our only key departure was Gibril, and our run wasn't just luck.

But disagree with some others. Dallas should be much higher. The biggest addition they made was Zach Thomas. That team desperately needed veteran leadership, particularly on defense, and Thomas brings them just that. Thats huge, every team needs that one guy.

I agree on San Diego as well, but one thing holding me back is, how healthy will Phillip Rivers be starting the season? It took McNabb until week 8/9 before he became himself again. If Rivers has to wait awhile before hes back, i don't like their chances.
                  We can fill Wilson's spot with someone else. One thing Spags has showed is his ability to put the best 11 players out there. So if that means putting 3 safties out there when we are in the Dime, then so be it. We'd have 3 safties, Butler, Knight, and Johnson or rookie, and then 3 Cbs and AP at LB. Spag's ability to mix and match and put the best 11 out there regardless of position allows us to overcome some of our "weaknesses."

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                    We can fill Wilson's spot with someone else. One thing Spags has showed is his ability to put the best 11 players out there. So if that means putting 3 safties out there when we are in the Dime, then so be it. We'd have 3 safties, Butler, Knight, and Johnson or rookie, and then 3 Cbs and AP at LB. Spag's ability to mix and match and put the best 11 out there regardless of position allows us to overcome some of our "weaknesses."
                    thats true, but we will still miss him in some ways. Spags runs a lot of nickel strong with 3 safeties, and he loved blitzing one of them. Anytime we're forced to keep James Butler on the field, thats a bad thing. And at the moment our starting safeties are either Knight and Butler, or Knight and Johnson, and we're only 1 deep on the bench in case one of the starting 2 gets injured. While we do put best availabe 11 on the field, we still stay within the general layout of certain packages. Although I can see us come out with 3 CB/1 safety sets. Ive seen us do that before. We might do more of that this year.

Im very confident in Knight playing Gibril's role very well this upcoming year. He's only a shortterm solution however, so we need to find someone in the draft, maybe even 2 guys in case we don't have faith in Johnson developing into a starter.

Comment

I can't say I like what he had to say about the Chiefs but a lot of it was correct. Having said that, most Chiefs fans knew that we wouldn't be targetting many people in free agency so we were already ready for a quiet offseason until the draft.

The line about Herm Edwards ruining LJs career is just stupid though.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

thats true, but we will still miss him in some ways. Spags runs a lot of nickel strong with 3 safeties, and he loved blitzing one of them. Anytime we're forced to keep James Butler on the field, thats a bad thing. And at the moment our starting safeties are either Knight and Butler, or Knight and Johnson, and we're only 1 deep on the bench in case one of the starting 2 gets injured. While we do put best availabe 11 on the field, we still stay within the general layout of certain packages. Although I can see us come out with 3 CB/1 safety sets. Ive seen us do that before. We might do more of that this year.

Im very confident in Knight playing Gibril's role very well this upcoming year. He's only a shortterm solution however, so we need to find someone in the draft, maybe even 2 guys in case we don't have faith in Johnson developing into a starter.
                        No spags, was high on Butler, he made all the calls on the field in the secondary according to one of the articles that interviewed Spags this offseason.

Also, we also had Ross as safety couple of times during the superbowl, so while moving him permenanetly is not an option, again the best 11 on that play against a certain formation will be on the field. It's his ability to be that creative is what helps make our defense very efficient.

Mind you each team has their own set of formation they want to use against our defense, and conversly based on what we see on tape of their formations they use against other teams, we will set our personnel accordingly. But whatever an opposing offense may show us, one general line of thinking will be there. That's 11 best on the field. And that's something I really love about spags. He is going to find a way to play guys and if that means putting them in different spots so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                          No spags, was high on Butler, he made all the calls on the field in the secondary according to one of the articles that interviewed Spags this offseason.

Also, we also had Ross as safety couple of times during the superbowl, so while moving him permenanetly is not an option, again the best 11 on that play against a certain formation will be on the field. It's his ability to be that creative is what helps make our defense very efficient.

Mind you each team has their own set of formation they want to use against our defense, and conversly based on what we see on tape of their formations they use against other teams, we will set our personnel accordingly. But whatever an opposing offense may show us, one general line of thinking will be there. That's 11 best on the field. And that's something I really love about spags. He is going to find a way to play guys and if that means putting them in different spots so be it.
                          We actually had Ross as safety several times during the regular season as well. But everytime you see that, its primarily zone coverage, probably a zone blitz. So while superficially he's playing "safety" its no different from playing zone defense as a CB for him either. We rarely ran that in base formations as well, primarily on obvious passing plays.

Ugh, unfortunately i heard about that, i just hate James Butler. He's terrible. Sammy Knight is also a heady safety so hopefully he'll take over that role as the guy who lines everyone up back there. Then we can use Johnson more, or whoever we draft. Im just not a fan of James Butler at all. Physically, there is nothing he does well at all. Nothing. Its like having 10 guys on the field when he's in there.

Comment

I really think Jerry Porter is going to surprise some people...just a hunch and my opinion, but I think he could have a breakout year.

Comment

I actually saw him wandering around Gaslamp District with the fam the other day. He was wearing jeans so I don't know if there's a brace involved or what, but he looked like he was doing okay. He said he'll definitely be back for training camp and he's trying for the mini-camps. I don't know what he's telling the media these days, but I'm expecting him to be 100%.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information