No announcement yet.

Kerry Rhodes signs 5 year extension with NYJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once Robertson is gone we'll have another $8+ million in cap room. No worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      Well, this is very probably true. But at the same time, the Jets are probably 2 or 3 June 1st cuts away from not only having cap room, but rolling in it despite the signings. Now, there will probably only be 1 (Robertson), but even with that one, the Jets should be okay cap wise.
      I forgot about Robertson who will be axed or traded, thats a huge relief to the cap.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Yea when we let Robertson go we save like 8 mil off the cap right now. Which is good. Also the deals we gave out weren't as large as people think, if you look at their break downs they aren't all getting their money this year. Pace isn't seeing most of his money till next season. He makes 600k as his salary next season, not including bonus. The Jets GM is a CAP wiz, he knows what he is doing.

Comment

Its all on the QB for the Jets now that will determine how successful they are next season.
          I know it seems hard to believe, but I think the Jets defense will be top 10 next season. With the moves they made and having young studs like Harris, Revis, Rhodes. They look good on paper on defense, after the bye last year we were awesome on Defense.
          I can't wait till the draft to see who we take round 1.

Comment

Great deal for the Jets IMO, maybe we can convince Adub that is he is only worth 6 mil now

Comment

Nice to see the Jets giving guys that have been making plays for them for years. Kerry Rhrodes IMO is one of the most underrated defensive players in the NFL.

Comment

Hopefully being a higher paid player now will bring him more recognition and he will finally get a chance to make the pro bowl. John Lynch making the pro bowl as an alternate last year was bullcrap. 12 GP, 59 tackles, and 1 sack on one of the worst defenses in the league last year are not pro bowl numbers by any stretch of the imagination. Antoine Bethea making it over Rhodes was also a joke.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information