Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Article About the 1998 NFL Draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Article About the 1998 NFL Draft.

ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ike&id=3335873

If Leaf had performed to expectations, Michael Vick might never have found his way to Atlanta. Drew Brees never would have flourished in San Diego, perhaps diminishing his chances of landing a long-term deal in New Orleans. The New York Giants might have been unable to swing a draft-day trade with San Diego -- or anyone else -- for franchise quarterback Eli Manning. Philip Rivers certainly wouldn't be lining up under center in San Diego.
    10 out of the 32 1st round picks from the 1998 NFL Draft are still active...

Thought this was an interesting article...

Peyton Manning tossed more touchdown passes in his first 10 NFL games than Ryan Leaf threw during his career

Ryan leaf is the worst QB in the history of the nfl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

I actually didn't enjoy that article very much. There is way too much guess work in there. Also, I feel that the Ryan Leaf saga has been beaten to death not many people really care about it anymore. Or at least I don't care. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

being a chargers fan i will always care.

Comment

Every move in every year influences a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
            Every move in every year influences a lot...
            Exactly my point. Why not make an article about what if the Steelers didn't draft Terry Bradshaw in the 70s or what if Babe Ruth wasn't traded to the Red Sox?

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Could have been about how the Colts got the 1st picked and then picked Manning instead of Leaf.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                Could have been about how the Colts got the 1st picked and then picked Manning instead of Leaf.
                Leaf instead of Manning.

Comment

? Colts picked Manning over Leaf

Comment

if the queen had balls she'd be the king.

every year, the draft has a ripple effect on multiple teams. i understand what he's saying, but its nothing to really care for.

Comment

I actually liked the way he described everything. It was a well-written piece, and it really showed the impact 10-11 years later. That is generally the time that you can really see the long term impact. That generation of players is on its way out of football, so you can really see what happened because of each decision.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Robert Edwards...

Comment

Originally posted by tjpackers View Post
                          Peyton Manning tossed more touchdown passes in his first 10 NFL games than Ryan Leaf threw during his career

Ryan leaf is the worst QB in the history of the nfl
                          Wow you're really going out on a limb. Truly valuable insight.

I hate Ryan. I don't care that he indirectly brought us LT, AJ Smith, Merriman, Rivers, etc. etc. etc. That guy is a waste of air and a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Comment

it's funny. Atlanta at #12 had a choice between 2 guys they had rated exactly the same. and they took Brooking because he was from Atlanta.
                            they should sign Spikes though. I really think he would be a good veteran backup for us.

Owner of ScarDraft
                            Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Kevin Dyson over Randy Moss. Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information