Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Boley signs contract tender

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10771375

Didnt know if it was topic worthy, but considering he is a stud and the Falcons havent let him go or traded him, I figured why not?

I still hope to get him signed to a long term deal. He is easily a top5 SLB in the NFL and is only getting better.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Good signing, he is underrated, better lock him up soon :)

Comment

awww man, i was hoping we could steal him from you guys.

Comment

Falcons fans and their top 5 talk

Give it up already

He is a good player but you don't need to call every good player on your team "top 5 in the NFL".....Who's next? Babineaux or White?
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Can you name 5 SLBs that are better?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Click the link and the first two players listed at the top of the browser aren't even on the team anymore haha. Alge and D Hall. Sportsline needs to fix that.
            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

A guy signing his RFA tender isn't a story.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                Can you name 5 SLBs that are better?
                Unfortunately I don't think many people care about SLB rankings.

I'm wondering though... Who is the WLB for the Falcons now? Boley stays on the field in Nickel right?

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                  Unfortunately I don't think many people care about SLB rankings.

I'm wondering though... Who is the WLB for the Falcons now? Boley stays on the field in Nickel right?
                  Then 4-3 OLB rankings in general. I am sure he is in the top7-8.

The WLB for us right now is Stephen Nicholas. Hopefully we can get a MLB in the draft to get Brooking to go back to his original position.

Comment

What would a team have to give up if they signed Boley to a tender and the Falcons didn't match it?
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

No particular order just naming guys...

AJ Hawk, Julian Peterson, Lance Briggs, Ernie Sims, Daryl Smith, Keith Bullock, Michael Boley.

Yeah he's up there. I might be missing a couple guys. I think the crop is pretty weak though because is seems like half the league is 3-4 teams now.

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                        No particular order just naming guys...

AJ Hawk, Julian Peterson, Lance Briggs, Ernie Sims, Daryl Smith, Keith Bullock, Michael Boley.

Yeah he's up there. I might be missing a couple guys. I think the crop is pretty weak though because is seems like half the league is 3-4 teams now.
                        Most of those guys are weak side LBs the only one im not sure about is Smith, but i know that Hawk, Peterson, Briggs, Simms and Bullock are weak side LBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          What would a team have to give up if they signed Boley to a tender and the Falcons didn't match it?
                          A team would have to give up a first round pick as compensation, if it signed Boley to an offer sheet which the Falcons didn't match.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

boley's easily up there with leroy hill and thomas davis as one of the best SLB's in the league. good move by the falcons

Comment

Bullocks,Leroy Hill, Donnie Edwards was SLB last year, Marcus Washington, Thomas Davis, Daryl Smith, Hunter Hillenmeyer.

Any 3-4 LOLB like Greg Ellis, Shaun Philips etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information