No announcement yet.

Jurevicious Has Staph Infection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All he needs is 6-8 weeks of antibiotics and he should be fine. Just, um, maybe go to a private sector to get treatment...
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      same for my area
      Apparently the outbreak started in Alexandria and spread through the area
      Yeah it went all through the DC/MD/VA area pretty bad.

I know this one dude that got it on his face some how....

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        thats unbelievable though...6 browns in 4 years...is it something in the water over there or wat?
        Yeah, its pretty easy apparently all it takes it like an open pimple and some mud.

Comment

At what point do the Browns consider a lawsuit? I mean this is kinda ridiculous.
          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Never? It can happen easily. A guy at work got one who is pedantic about hygiene there's no one really to blame for this stuff.

Comment

How many staph infections have resulted from trips to Dr. James Andrews?

I can't think of one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                At what point do the Browns consider a lawsuit? I mean this is kinda ridiculous.
                Staph infections after invasive joint surgery is a fairly common occurance. It's just a matter of how severe. A lot of cases are so minor that they get stomped out before it's even worth noting in the media.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

BlindSite and DFK are right. I contracted a staph infection after having multiple surgeries, despite being careful with my wound site. You don't wash your hands, you itch, and bacteria is transferred. It's not the hospital's fault, unless there was something wrong with the surgery and the scar was somehow more prone to being infected by staph. If the hospital was causing people to catch staph, the place would have been shut down long ago. These things just happen, and can occur whether the person tries to maintain perfect hygiene or not.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    BlindSite and DFK are right. I contracted a staph infection after having multiple surgeries, despite being careful with my wound site. You don't wash your hands, you itch, and bacteria is transferred. It's not the hospital's fault, unless there was something wrong with the surgery and the scar was somehow more prone to being infected by staph. If the hospital was causing people to catch staph, the place would have been shut down long ago. These things just happen, and can occur whether the person tries to maintain perfect hygiene or not.
                    So then is the primary theory that it's not the Browns medical staff, and instead that the Browns players are just dumb?

Comment

Could be a mix of both. If the Browns staff is being lazy with wound care, then the staff has fault. If the Browns players are more-so in the mode of "Staph will never happen to me" and don't think about taking care of their hygiene, then it's the player's fault.

But like BlindSite said, there's really no one to blame because there are too many factors to consider in order to place blame. The player needs to just simply learn his lesson, and in the future take the proper precautions to prevent contracting Staph or any other infection in the future. Though, I don't think there is a way to guarantee that a patient won't contract Staph...you can only decrease the chances.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

People need to realize that the human body is very diry and full of bacteria, germs, whatever. I'm sure that blame can be shared by the hospital,(for not noticing it sooner) the players,(for not properly taking care of their body) and the composition of human(becuase we really are filthy creatures, no matter how OCD some people may be about cleanliness).
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                          So then is the primary theory that it's not the Browns medical staff, and instead that the Browns players are just dumb?
                          It depends. For Winslow and Bentley, they had MRSA. There's nothing you can do about that. You can contract it through basic skin contact. With even a meticulously kept surgical wound, you might as well inject it directly into your bloodstream. And there's no treatment for it that won't kill a person faster than it kills the MRSA. As for the others, it's a matter of luck and cleanliness.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                          The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                          I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

damn that is crazy
                            Steelers

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information