No announcement yet.

2009 Mock Draft according to Fox Sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerald McRath. He is 212 on the Southern Miss site, yet he gos top five? Highest weight I see him at is 220. That is very light.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      Gerald McRath. He is 212 on the Southern Miss site, yet he gos top five? Highest weight I see him at is 220. That is very light.
      I'll take Michael Oher.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
        I love how every person on earth other than the Ravens organization seems to have forgotten Jared Gaither. Im gonna laugh when he is making Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl and Ryan Clady and other OTs people think we should take flop in the NFL.
        Nobody has forgotten about Jared Gaither. But as has been proven time and time again, counting on low round supplemental draft choices is not the smart thing to do.

Comment

Oher would have gone higher than 9 had he come out this year. He is a top3 pick, with easy consideration at the top pick. How we pass on him is kinda ridiculous.

Its not that great of a mock. And the fact that the 08 draft hasnt even happened yet might be stupider. He couldnt wait 2 weeks?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
            Baltimore picking at the number 3 spot!?! Something is wrong with!
            Dude you guys were the only team to lose to my Dolphins last season. Your picking in the top 8 in the draft and you've done nothing to get better.

That means you are not allowed to complain about anyone's predictions on your team. You are worse then the worst. Until you come out next season and prove something on the field, your team sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
              Dude you guys were the only team to lose to my Dolphins last season. Your picking in the top 8 in the draft and you've done nothing to get better.

That means you are not allowed to complain about anyone's predictions on your team. You are worse then the worst. Until you come out next season and prove something on the field, your team sucks.
              They guys who should be complaining are the Dolphins fans. Of all the terrible teams the league has seen, a team hasn't repeated with the worst record since the 93-94 Bengals.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
              The Destroyer Is Manifest!
              I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

how could they make a mock draft before the 08 one occurred? most of these picks will be dumb after this year draft.

Comment

I might feel a little sick if we fired John Fox for Mike Martz.

Comment

For real! The nerve of the man to be creative, and give the casual reader players to be looking out for! I mean, it's not going to be accurate! And we all know Mocks made during the season or so will be waaaaay more accurate than his! Calais Campbell is still a guaranteed Top 10 pick, right? I guess he doesn't understand that Mocks created a month before the Draft or less are the only Mocks which have a chance of being useful or relevant...

Everybody realizes that casual sports fans read FOXsports, ESPN, and other media sites too, and that it's not just fans who know a great deal about it like we do, right? What seems to be pointless to us may actually be very interesting or entertaining to someone who doesn't understand the Draft and how it works. Only natural for someone who's curious to seek new information and opinion. I guarantee that, "Pre-View of the 2009 NFL Draft!" will get more hits on April 13th, 2008 than "Pre-View of the 2008 NFL Draft!" will on ESPN's site. He's definitely going to be wrong on many things, but around to the '09 Draft, will anyone be creating a "LOLz! Tom Marino fails to predict '09 Draft!!!" thread? So who cares? Writers do it every year, and I'll keep reading.

As for his take on the Titans, MLB could be addressed, though his reasoning for it is off. The Titans haven't invested in an elite MLB because of the frequency of our DEF having to be in a Nickel DEF. It's been that way for the past 10 years, and it won't change due to a Playoff loss. But, it could very well be the pick, tho I'd prefer Maualuga. Oh, and nice to see Floyd Reese back in the NFL.
                    Last edited by TitanHope; 04-13-2008, 07:05 PM.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                      For real! The nerve of the man to be creative, and give the casual reader players to be looking out for! I mean, it's not going to be accurate! And we all know Mocks made during the season or so will be waaaaay more accurate than his! I guess he doesn't understand that Mocks created a month before the Draft or less are the only Mocks which have a chance of being useful or relevant...

Everybody realizes that casual sports fans read FOXsports, ESPN, and other media sites too, and that it's not just fans who know a great deal about it like we do, right? What seems to be pointless to us may actually be very interesting or entertaining to someone who doesn't understand the Draft and how it works. Only natural for someone who's curious to seek new information and opinion. I guarantee that, "Pre-View of the 2009 NFL Draft?" will get more hits on April 13th, 2008 than "Pre-View of the 2008 NFL Draft?" He's definitely going to be wrong on many things, but around to the '09 Draft, will anyone be creating a "LOLz! Tom Marino fails to predict '09 Draft!!!" thread? So who cares? Writers do it every year, and I'll keep reading.

As for his take on the Titans, MLB could be addressed, though his reasoning for it is off. The Titans haven't invested in an elite MLB because of the frequency of our DEF having to be in a Nickel DEF. It's been that way for the past 10 years, and it won't change due to a Playoff loss. But, it could very well be the pick, tho I'd prefer Maualuga. Oh, and nice to see Floyd Reese back in the NFL.
                      No one could look at the Titans playoff loss and think their defense truly failed them, could they? They need playmakers on offense in a bad way.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen
                        No one could look at the Titans playoff loss and think their defense truly failed them, could they? They need playmakers on offense in a bad way.
                        I don't think anyone would think that the Titans DEF lost the game for us, but playmakers on offense was the case last year, its the case this year, so I hope it's not an immediate problem next Draft too. It's actually refreshing to see "MIKE costs them in the end" than "Poor receivers cost them in the end." Also, heading into the '07 Draft the Titans had one of the Bottom 5 DEF's in the league, yet heading into the '08 Draft we have one of the Top 5 DEF's in the league. Point is that we can never predict how our own teams will do or how things will turn out, so how can I sit here and criticize him for an article that he obviously did for poots and giggles?
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Wheres guys like Crabtree, Sam Bradford, Knowshon Moreno, Granger and Loadholt at? George Selvie should be up there too. Seems like he's missing quite a bit of prospects.

And I think Harrell wont be 1st round, he'll be seen as a system QB. Also, Id take Spiller ahead of James Davis.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Crabtree, Bradford, and Moreno are all sophomores, if I'm not mistaken. They won't be available until '10. As for Loadholt, I have no clue, but he had many mixed reviews, on these boards at least. Dunno who the Granger player is, but I agree with Selvie. George Selvie and Michael Johnson may be the top pass-rushing DE's next season.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              I don't think anyone would think that the Titans DEF lost the game for us, but playmakers on offense was the case last year, its the case this year, so I hope it's not an immediate problem next Draft too. It's actually refreshing to see "MIKE costs them in the end" than "Poor receivers cost them in the end." Also, heading into the '07 Draft the Titans had one of the Bottom 5 DEF's in the league, yet heading into the '08 Draft we have one of the Top 5 DEF's in the league. Point is that we can never predict how our own teams will do or how things will turn out, so how can I sit here and criticize him for an article that he obviously did for poots and giggles?
                              Yeah, good points all. Taking these things at anything more than face value is definitely a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by kiranadwaney View Post
                                Why do a mock draft of 2009 when the 2008 draft hasn't yet taken place? Also everything will change during the year.
                                So what?
                                Then why do mocks today of the 2008 draft?

RELAX & ENJOY !!!!
                                This isn't bloddy England, this is America baby!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information